This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Banish those tummy rumbles with The Best Gluten Free Snacks! Nearly one hundred easy and healthy snack ideas that are perfect for adults and kids alike, whether you’re satisfying the afternoon munchies or filling a lunchbox.
Easy and Healthy Gluten-Free Snack Recipes
Gluten-free doesn’t have to be difficult, and you don’t need complicated ingredients to make nutritious, easy snacks at home. I’ve rounded up the mother lode of snack recipes that are perfect for satisfying those pesky cravings between meals, in ways that are healthy and gluten-free.
Many of the ideas below are also kid-friendly, so go ahead and pack them into lunchboxes or serve them up as after-school snacks. At any time of the day when hunger strikes, these gluten-free snacks have you sorted.
Why You’ll Love These Easy Snacks
With this comprehensive list at your fingertips, you’ll never run out of healthy snacking ideas. Here’s what makes these the best gluten-free snacks:
- Homemade. Store-bought is convenient, but nothing beats homemade! Know exactly what goes into your snacks, for healthier, wholesome nibbling.
- Simple recipes. You’ll love how easy it is to make delicious snacks at home. These recipes upgrade basic ingredients into tasty snacks for the whole family.
- Kid-friendly. Choose loads of easy gluten-free kids’ snacks from the ideas below, for healthy after-school snacking and pick-me-ups.
- Good for you. Skip the junk food and enjoy endless nourishing, health-conscious ways to satisfy midday munchies.
What Snacks Should I Avoid if I’m Gluten-Free?
When buying prepackaged snacks, or even ingredients for the snacks in this list, always check labels to ensure that you are not buying foods with gluten. Certain ingredients, additives, and preservatives in granola bars, cereals, and other popular snacks often have traces of wheat, barley, or rye, which contain gluten proteins. Gluten can also be sneaky! Unless a label says that something is certified gluten-free, it’s best to avoid that particular snack.
I love making my own snacks so that I know exactly what’s going into them. Many of these recipes begin with gluten-free foods like fruit, vegetables, plain yogurt, peanut butter, and other whole foods that are 100% safe for gluten-free diets. It makes snacking that much easier – not to mention healthier!
Smart Snacking Tips
Before we dive deep into a sea of healthy snacks, here are some of my top snacking strategies:
- Snack when you’re hungry. This may seem obvious! But the best time to snack is only when you’re actually hungry, and not simply to fill a gap between meals or out of boredom.
- Mix up the food groups. I love combining gluten-free ingredients from different food groups when creating snacks at home. My favorite snacks check all the boxes: fruits, veggies, protein, and dairy, along with gluten-free grains and seeds.
- Count nutrients, not calories. It’s easy to be bogged down by calorie counting while trying to eat healthier snacks. Instead, focus on the quality of the food you’re eating, and on hitting your daily nutritional values.
- Portion size matters. What’s a proper portion size? A good ballpark is to make a fist with your hand. That’s about 1 cup, and the amount to aim for with your snacks of choice.
The Best Snacks That Are Totally Gluten-Free
You’ll find almost one hundred easy, belly-filling gluten-free snacks in the list below. I’ve included something for every craving, whether it’s crunchy homemade granola bars, sweet energy balls, or turning your favorite fruits and veggies into fresh and healthy snacks.
Gluten-Free Granola Bars and Energy Bars
Homemade energy bars are a great way to turn your favorite healthy ingredients and superfoods into easy, portable snacks! Below you’ll find delicious oven-baked granola bars, protein bars, and no-bake bars that are 100% free from gluten.
Gluten Free Pudding and Parfait Recipes
With their layers of fruit, gluten-free granola, and other nutritious add-ins, healthy puddings and yogurt parfaits are endlessly customizable. Enjoy these gluten-free parfaits and puddings as a satisfying snack, and save the leftovers for a healthy breakfast!
Gluten Free Baked Goods
Start with some simple gluten-free recipes, and you’ll see that gluten-free baking is a breeze! Muffins, breakfast bars, snack cakes, and other baked goods aren’t just for breakfast or dessert! When you pack them with wholesome ingredients, they make satisfying snacks, too.
- Sweet Potato Banana Muffins | The Lean Green Bean
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies | Iowa Girl Eats
Gluten Free Homemade Crackers and Dippables
Making your own gluten-free crackers and dippable snacks isn’t hard at all, and these recipes are the best place to start! Enjoy crunchy and chewy snacks that are perfect for munching and dipping into all your favorite dips and sauces.
Gluten Free Energy Balls and Bites
Combine wholesome ingredients to make easy energy bites for fun finger food, whether sweet or savory. These tasty homemade energy bite recipes are jam-packed with satisfying, wholesome ingredients, perfect for fueling up whenever hunger strikes throughout the day!
- Almond Butter Quinoa Snacks | Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites | Food Faith Fitness
Sweet Dips for Fruit
Sweet yogurt dips, flourless cookie dough, and dessert hummus dips are great for easy snacking and make fresh fruit taste even better!
Savory Dips for Veggies or Chips
Enjoy healthier alternatives to store-bought dips and dressings with these homemade, gluten-free dip recipes. Perfect whether you’re dipping fresh veggies, gluten-free crackers, chips, and more!
Gluten Free Snack Mix Recipes
Gluten-free trail mix, snack mixes, flavored nuts, and seasoned popcorn are ideal for snacking by the handful. These are the best grab-and-go, craving-crushing gluten-free snack mixes that you can make at home.
Healthy Fruit Snacks
You can’t go wrong with fruit, as they’re naturally gluten-free. Eat them on their own, or dress them up in fruit salads, apple nachos, and other fun snacks. Satisfy a sweet tooth and up your daily fruit intake to stay fuller for longer with these easy fruit-filled snack ideas!
Veggie Snack Ideas
Turn humble vegetables into nutrient-packed gluten-free snacks like veggie bites, and more! These recipes are high in vitamins, minerals, and plant power that will keep you full until dinner.