This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Low Carb Breakfast Cheesecake Parfaits layered with fresh strawberries that are healthy enough to enjoy first thing in the morning, but also perfect for dessert? You better believe it. Starting (or ending) your day with cheesecake is totally acceptable even on a keto diet when you make this easy gluten free Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait recipe.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of Easy Keto Breakfasts to review. All opinions are my own.
From weight loss to controlling diseases like diabetes and epilepsy to increasing energy, the keto diet is a hot topic these days. I’m sure you have friends who are sharing their success stories of dropping pounds by ditching carbs.
So maybe you are thinking about starting the keto diet. Or maybe you are like me and you are gluten free and just try to watch your carb consumption.
In either case, the option of grabbing a donut, popping a slice of bread in the toaster, pouring a bowl of cereal, or digging into a big stack of pancakes might seem like it’s out the window.
So you are probably thinking that breakfast will consist of eggs and bacon day in and day out. And while I love Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche, it’s a bit much for me to eat every morning.
I’m here to tell you that’s not true.
Everyday Keto Breakfasts Cookbook
My friend Carolyn Ketchum has written the book on keto recipes for every meal of the day. Literally. In fact, she has written five of them (so far!).
She started with the Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen which is a comprehensive guide to making keto an approachable lifestyle for anybody. Then she shared amazingly easy dinners, soups, and stews, like Chicken Enchilada Skillet and Stuffed Pepper Soup, in her next two cookbooks. She has even tackled Easy Keto Desserts!
And now we are talking about Easy Keto Breakfasts!
You can find a ton of keto breakfasts on her blog All Day I Dream About Food. But this book contains over 60 new recipes that naturally include the expected egg and meat dishes. But you will also find blueberry pancakes, chocolate waffles, zucchini muffins, sour cream donuts, English muffins, and more. Even Low Carb Cinnamon Crunch Cereal!
Can you prepare keto breakfasts in advance?
While enjoying these types of breakfasts dishes as part of a low carb lifestyle does require some planning, Carolyn’s recipes make it easy and approachable. In fact, she provides storage instructions for nearly all of the recipes so you can meal prep, and have freezer and fridge stocked with low carb breakfast options that will last for weeks!
Pancakes and waffles are also good refrigerated for several days and frozen for up to a month. And muffins and scones can typically last in the freezer for up to two months.
However, this one I recommend making and eating immediately…
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
This easy recipe only contains a few ingredients, and it only takes a few minutes to make. It’s rich and creamy, with the unmistakable tang of cheesecake. And the fresh berries to lighten up the flavors a bit with a few nuts for crunch. You won’t even miss the crust in these!
What do you need to make these no-bake cheesecake parfaits?
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered erythritol sweetener <– both Carolyn and I are huge fans of Swerve Confectioners Sweetener.
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pecans, toasted and chopped
- Strawberries, chopped
Other than the basics of measuring spoons and a knife, the only thing you really need is a blender. Even before I became a Blendtec ambassador I’ve been telling you how much I love my Blendtec. It makes this cheesecake mixture perfectly smooth in no time. I used the mini Wildside Jar, but now that I have a Twister Jar, I think that will be even better for this recipe, as you can use the blades on the lid to scrape the sides while blending and it won’t get caught in the corners.
Check out Blendtec’s line of products and use the code CUPCAKESANDKALECHIPS for 25% off (note that should you make any purchases through that link, I will receive a small commission).
How to make low carb cheesecake parfaits:
- Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, and sweetener in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla, and blend again.
- Layer the cheesecake mixture, pecans, and strawberries in two glass bowls or dessert dishes.
Low Carb Breakfast Parfaits Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- The cheesecake mixture will get very thick. You may have to stop the blender once or twice to scrape it down with a rubber spatula.
- The original recipe calls for toasted pecans, but I used a combination of pecans and walnuts. Any chopped, toasted nuts will work.
- You could even change up the strawberries for another berry.
- For a nut-free option, use hemp milk and leave out the pecans or replace them with shredded coconut.
- It makes two satisfying servings, but you could portion it out into smaller cups to make mini dessert parfaits similar to these Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits. In fact, you could even make the same almond meal “crust” but omit the maple syrup and add a touch of erythritol sweetener.
- While it is really a recipe to make and eat immediately, you can keep it in the refrigerator for a few hours or up to a day.
Is it gluten free?
Yes, as with most keto recipes, this cheesecake parfait is gluten free. As I always caution, do be sure to read labels on your ingredients. But in this case, the only ingredient of concern is the vanilla, and most quality brands are gluten free.
What are more low carb breakfast recipes?
- Mixed Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits are made with lower-carb berries and the chia pudding can be sweetened with erythritol or another low carb sweetener.
- Spinach Tomato Feta Frittata is a classic keto-friendly breakfast.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Baked Eggs is a single-serving keto breakfast with a spicy kick.
- High Fiber Grain Free Muffins are the low carb alternative to classic bran muffins.
- 2-Ingredient Cream Cheese Pancakes are almost like crepes, but easier.
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits Recipe
In the words of Carolyn, “You really can eat cheesecake for breakfast on a keto diet! These easy parfaits are a seriously tasty treat.” And in my opinion, these low carb breakfast parfaits can even double as a delicious no-bake cheesecake dessert!
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup), softened
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Place the cream cheese, heavy cream, and sweetener in a blender and blend until smooth. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and blend again.
- In two small dessert dishes or glass bowls, layer the pecans, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries in two repetitions.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to a day.