Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits are a healthy addition to your Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day menu with it’s red, white, and blue colors and fresh, seasonal flavors. A chia parfait makes a light and healthy dessert, or even a holiday breakfast that will give you superfood energy. The seasonal strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries add a juicy, sweet flavor and a summery, patriotic appearance to these gluten free, vegan, and paleo coconut chia seed parfaits.
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Seed Parfaits
Summer unofficially kicks off this weekend and every year feel like it’s going to be over in a flash.
A couple years ago, between Memorial Day and the end of August, I traveled to Portland, Oregon and Orlando, Florida for conferences, Portland, Maine for the 10K I’m running, and Orlando for a big Disney vacation with the family. Both boys went to camp run at the local schools for two weeks, and the big guy had a week of karate camp. We had tickets to a Yankees-Orioles game, the closeout of the tee ball season, spent a few weeks at my mom’s so that we can hit the beach, and mom will stayed with us for a week. And this doesn’t even take into account pool days and tons of great parks and hiking trails and places to go fishing in the area.
This summer I’ll be in Oregon for Memorial Day weekend, there’s a Cub Scouts weekend camping trip, a couple weeks of science camp for the big guy, several more weeks of camp for both kids, a couple weeks at my mom’s, and vacation to Virginia Beach. Plus we have some baseball tickets and might try to get to some concerts.
Geez, just typing that makes me feel like summer is practically over before it even begins!
Just like in past summers, if you don’t see me buzzing around social media or maybe recycling some old posts with new photos, or maybe taking the route of writing posts along the lines of “I made this recipe and it was yummy. You should make it too.”, it’s because I’m having a blast with my boys.
And of course in the midst of having the most fun ever, we have to eat the yummiest food ever…
What did family and friends think about Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits?
When I made coconut chia cream for the tropical fruit salad, The Hubby said I had to make it again for other recipes. If the man says that about chia seeds, I have to listen. But this time I paired it with the best berries of the season – which coincidentally make this parfait perfectly patriotic. Juicy, sweet berries, rich and creamy coconutty goodness, all layered in a glass – the epitome of summer!
We had a couple of The Hubby’s coworker over for dinner, and kids and adults alike devoured these parfaits. My boys were thrilled that there were a couple left so that they could have them for breakfast the next morning. The kids might have declared it the best breakfast ever!
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits Recipe Tips:
- Chia pudding is made simply from mixing chia seeds with a liquid and giving the seeds time to swell and thicken the mixture. In this case, the liquid is light coconut milk.
- You can use powdered sugar to sweeten up the mixture, but if you are avoiding refined sugars, maple syrup and raw honey are paleo options. Skip the honey for one of the other alternatives to make it vegan. Or cut out the sugar altogether and try stevia or Swerve.
- While I love individual servings, there’s no reason you couldn’t just toss this all in a bowl for a picnic. Or use little shot glasses or mini dessert cups to turn them into mini dessert perfect for parties.
- And you can even throw these together if you were invited to a party later today or tomorrow – they take no time at all!
Looking for some more healthy red, white, and blue desserts…
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites are fun and easy, and so good dipped in whipped coconut cream.
- Red, White, and Blue Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Dips are a healthier way to indulge in cheesecake.
- Banana Berry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt Quinoa Parfaits are another berry-licious layered treat.
- Red, White, and Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles from The View From Great Island are gorgeous and delicious.
- Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from The Kitchen is My Playground are so cute and simple.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries from Diethood is a perfect cool treat for a hot day.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
What do you need to make Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits?
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $10.49Was: $10.99
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $7.99Was: $9.34
- Price: $14.99
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
These treats are so good for you, but most importantly, they are absolutely delicious. Perfect for summer holidays or any day when fresh berries are in season, this is such a simple dessert to whip up. It tastes like a rich and creamy, but this healthy dessert recipe is nutritious, naturally gluten free, and can be vegan and paleo depending on your choice of sweetener. If you love this chia parfait recipe as much as we do, I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating and share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
- one 13.5 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut milk, powdered sugar or honey, vanilla, and chia seeds, and set aside in the refrigerator for at least a half hour (you can do this the night before, if you like).
- Divide the strawberries between eight glasses or bowls. Top with a couple of tablespoons of the chia pudding.
- Divide the blueberries between eight glasses or bowls. Divide the remaining coconut chia pudding between the eight dishes.
- Top each with several raspberries, dividing equally between the dishes.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be prepared the night before.
Here are some more patriotic recipes…
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca