Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits for #SundaySupper
#SundaySupper is helping you get prepared for one of my favorite seasons of the year – peach season! There’s over thirty recipes with peaches for you to check out, from sweet to savory. Let the sweet flavor of the fresh fruit shine while making dessert or snack or even breakfast just a bit more special and nutritious with Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits.
Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
I’m in a recipe development rut. In fact, I think I go through this every year. I look through my archives for summery dishes to share on Facebook or Pinterest, and I feel like within a couple weeks I’ve gone through all of my best stuff. At first I thought it was because I’d rather be at the pool or the beach or something else fun instead of in the kitchen measuring, testing, recording, plating, and photographing before I even get to eat. But then I realized it was something else entirely.
Food tastes amazing in the summer!
It hit me last weekend when I picked up my veggies from my CSA. That night for dinner, The Hubby grilled some simply seasoned steaks and I basically chopped everything up, tossed it in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted all that goodness. And guys, it tasted amazing! Beyond that, veggies that my boys and hubby either won’t usually eat or just pick at and whine they gobbled up and asked for seconds. The steaks were amazing too. When they are grilled perfectly, there’s nothing like the flavor from cooking meat on the grill. Even chicken, which can be somewhat bland, just needs a marinade with fresh herbs or maybe a slathering of barbecue sauce.
And don’t get me started on corn. A quick boil and a little butter and salt and you’ve achieved perfection. Why mess with that?
Then let’s talk about fruit. Although I am admittedly not a crust gal, I’m just not going to slave away in the kitchen making pie after pie when really I’d rather just eat a peach or a handful of berries. But for this week’s peach theme for Sunday Supper, although I contemplated just taking a gorgeous picture of a perfect peach, I didn’t think that would be right. But I still wanted to share a recipe where the best flavors of the season fruit really had a chance to shine. So I made this…
Remembering my Triple Berry Coconut Chia Parfaits and how it was such a simple way to dress up perfectly ripe fruit (and my dinner guests raved about them), I figured it was time to do the same thing but with my favorite fruit pairing in mid- to late-summer – peaches and blueberries. These Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits are so simple, you can even make the coconut chia pudding the night before and layer the fruit the day you plan to serve them, and they’re super healthy, naturally gluten free, and based on your choice of sweetener can even be vegan and paleo. You can totally make everybody happy, whether you serve them for breakfast, snack, or dessert. I slice the peaches because I thought it looked cool, but if you have little ones, you might want to cut them into smaller pieces. No matter what, the gorgeous fruit will look and taste amazing.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.
Then check out all of the peachy-keen recipes at the bottom of this post!
How do you like to enjoy summer produce?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
- One can light or regular coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3 cups blueberries
- 4 peaches sliced or chopped
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla, and chia seeds, and stir until the chia seeds are distributed through the coconut milk. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to overnight.
- Remove coconut chia pudding from the refrigerator and stir.
- In glasses or bowls, take about half of the blueberries and divide between eight glasses or bowls. Top with about a quarter of a peach, then with about two tablespoons of the coconut chia pudding.
- Repeat layers.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy this Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits recipe!
Blueberries and peaches are one of my favorite fruit combinations…
- Blueberry, Peaches and Cream Green Smoothies
- Blueberry and Grilled Peach Quinoa Parfaits
- Blueberry Peach Fruit Roll-Ups
And all of the #SundaySupper recipes with peaches…
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots