This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Whole grain breakfast pitas flavoured with cranberry and orange. A great way to change up your morning meal! Contributor Stacey from Bake.Eat.Repeat made these amazing Cranberry Orange Breakfast Pitas.
Cranberry Orange Breakfast Pitas
Toast is one of my favourite things to have for breakfast. But….I also get bored easily and plain old toast with peanut butter is usually only good for a day or two until I need a change. Different bread, different topping, just different in some way, shape or form.
Enter breakfast pitas. These things are amazing. My family and I first discovered them at Costco and they are so, so good. They’re flax seed pitas, and they are absolutely wonderful toasted for breakfast with some peanut butter and jam.
So of course, I needed to recreate them. Naturally. If you’re going to be buying something constantly, you might as well be able to make it yourself, right? Right.
Those flax seed, whole grain pitas took a few tries to recreate, but they are amazing. And actually quite easy to make. So then, of course, I needed to try some new flavours. Because I can’t just leave well enough alone. Like I said, bored easily.
These cranberry orange breakfast pitas were just as amazing as the whole grain ones. We loved them. And again, they are quite easy to make. I will say though, that they’re a little more finicky in the puffing department. They definitely don’t puff as easily as regular pita bread. In fact, it’s a little hit and miss with the puffing, in that they usually don’t puff all that much. But it’s okay. They’re just for toast, and they’re also a bit thicker than your typical pita bread, so it’s actually quite simple to cut a pocket into the bread with a knife after you toast it.
We enjoyed these for breakfast toasted with a little butter, or some jam – no more boring toast for breakfast! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Cranberry Orange Pita Bread
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. If the dough feels too sticky, add a little extra flour.
- On a floured surface, roll about 4 tbsp of dough into a ball and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer the discs onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Allow too cool before serving.
- Recipe adapted from Stacey's Cranberry Orange Breakfast Pitas from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Some more breakfast ideas from Stacey:
And here are a few of my favorites…
- Flourless Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Broccoli, Potato and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups
- Cookie Butter French Toast Roll-Ups