This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos inspired by everyone’s favorite sandwich combo make these a total crowd-pleaser. Sliced apples with peanut butter, strawberry jam salsa, cream cheese drizzle, and chopped peanuts make these a fun and easy snack recipe. These are definitely one of the best healthy no-bake snacks kids love. Have them ready for the kids to enjoy after school or set out a big platter for friends and family to enjoy at a party.
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
I missed my calling in life. Clearly I should have been a world-famous figure skater. Or skier. Oh heck, bring on the bobsled!
And what, you might ask, qualifies me to pursue these athletic endeavors? As a child, I spent hours and hours and hours not at the ice rink or on the slopes, but watching the Olympic Winter Games. OK, I’m kidding, but this is definitely one of the most vivid memories of my childhood. The level of excitement in my house was tangible during those couple of weeks when we would watch the jumping and the spinning and the swooshing.
There was even the time we were on vacation, and after being out and about all day, we would come back to the hotel at night to see what event was on. And the sadness when we realized it was all over this time around and we would have to wait another four years before getting swept up in the majesty and athleticism and support of our nation and its athletes could only be overcome by filling the time pretending I would be on that podium one day in the future.
My imagination would take hold, I’d throw off my shoes and pretend I was figure skating in my socks on the linoleum floor in the kitchen. Or we’d be lucky enough to have a snow day and I’d break out the sled and pretend it was the luge.
While this may sound kind of silly, it was through watching Team USA that I was inspired to break out of my comfort zone and tap into my inner athlete and actually try things like ice skating and skiing. Maybe I’ll never win a gold medal, but I enjoyed the attempt, and that’s what matters. I’m hoping through watching the Olympic Winter Games with my boys this year I can inspire them to be active, have fun, and pursue their dreams, whether it be through sports or something else they are passionate about.
Besides, I do think I win a gold medal for fueling the potential athlete within my family, especially with Jif® Natural Peanut Butter with a bit of sweetness from Smucker’s® Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread on this easy apple nachos recipe!
What are apple nachos?
When it comes to a quick and easy snack recipe, it doesn’t get any better than this. To make apple nachos, you cut apples in slices, then add various toppings. They look a little like nachos, only much sweeter. And, depending on the toppings, maybe even a little healthier.
You can have the kids make individual plates, put together a big platter to share with a crowd, or make them in individual containers that you can take on the go, whether you are hitting the slopes, the ice, or just going to a family hike.
PB&J Apple Nachos Recipe – a Peanut Butter and Jelly Snack
You can’t go wrong with the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly, and apple slices with peanut butter is always a favorite. That’s why topping sliced apples with peanut butter, strawberry jelly “salsa”, and peanuts make these a crown pleaser. If you like a little sweet and tangy addition, a sweetened cream cheese drizzle give them the cheesecake flavor you love.
All it takes to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos is some cutting, stirring, drizzling, and sprinkling, so you can definitely get the kids involved.
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details.
But don’t skip my PRO TIPS below!
For the apple nachos
- Creamy peanut butter
- Strawberry salsa – stir together chopped strawberries and strawberry jam, jelly, or fruit spread
- Cream cheese drizzle – optional, see below
- Chopped peanuts
For the cream cheese drizzle (optional)
- Cream cheese – light or regular is fine, softened to room temperature
- Plain Greek yogurt
Directions overview – scroll to the recipe card for the full set of instructions
- Stir together the cream cheese drizzle ingredient, if using, and set aside.
- Do the same with the chopped strawberries and jelly.
- Chop those apples into wedges or slices.
- Drizzle the peanut butter and cheesecake toppings. See my tip below!
- Top it with the strawberry salsa and then sprinkle with peanuts.
In no time you have the ultimate PB&J snack to fuel your family with the nourishment they need!
Brianne’s pro recipe tips
How to prevent apples from browning
If your platter of apple nachos will be out for awhile, toss apple slices in pineapple juice to prevent browning, then lay out on a kitchen towel to dry slightly.
Some people recommend lemon juice, but this can leave the apples tasting bitter or sour. Pineapple juice will keep them sweet and delicious.
Preparing the recipe
You can use a knife or spoon to drizzle the toppings, but another option is a piping bag or simply a heavy-duty plastic storage bag. Spoon the peanut butter and cream cheese topping into a couple of bags, cut off the corner, and make pretty drizzles!
Serving apple nachos
For a snack, you can cut down the recipe and slice up just a couple of apples. Use half to one apple on each individual plate. You can even make them in storage containers or lunch containers to send to school with the kids or pack for a hike.
If you are making these for a group, arrange apple slices on a large platter or cutting board. They would be fun to serve with an Ants on a Log Kids Snack and Veggie Platter!
The best peanut butter and jelly
Whether you are giving the kids an after school snack before they start practice or homework, or you are getting together with family and friends to watch your favorite events of the Olympic Winter Games, this easy snack recipe has the winning PB&J combination filled with the homemade taste of Jif Natural packed with 7 grams of protein and the perfect touch of sweetness of Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Spread. Plus, with everyone’s favorite combination of PB&J, it’s sure to get top scores from all the “judges” in the house.
And when life gets busy, the kids can grab Uncrustables®, a yummy premade peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a convenient protein boost from the peanut butter which comes in whole wheat and reduced-sugar varieties.
Make sure you spread your #PBJLove by following Jif on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and Smucker’s on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And be sure to visit lovepbj.com for even more recipes and ideas to spread love and support for Team USA.
More apple snacks
- Healthy Apple Candy Bar Salad
- Apple Chicken Salad Skewers
- Cinnamon Apple Energy Balls
- Turkey, Ham and Cheese Apple Sandwiches
- Apple Yogurt Parfaits
More peanut butter snacks
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfaits
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Snacks
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Dough Dip
- Funky Monkey Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- PB&J Sandwich Skewers from i heart naptime
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Tacos from Home Made Interest
- PB&J Burrito over at lovepbj.com
Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese regular or light, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s Naturals Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 4 apples
- optional about 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- In another small bowl, stir together the strawberries and Smucker’s Naturals Strawberry Fruit Spread.
- Cut each apple into about 16 wedges or slices. If desired, toss apple slices in pineaple juice to prevent browning, then lay out on a kitchen towel to dry slightly. Arrange apples on a large platter, or on individual plates or containers.
- Transfer Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter to a sandwich bag and cut off the tip, or place in na small bowl and microwave for a few seconds to achieve a consistency that you can drizzle it, and drizzle evenly over the apple slices.
- If desired, transfer the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich bag and cut off the tip, then drizzle over the apple slices.
- Spoon the strawberry salsa mixture evenly over the apple slices, then scatter the chopped peanut over the top.