This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Healthy Honey Mustard Dip recipe is so easy to make. You only need to stir together three ingredients and you’ll be ready to add it to a veggie platter for snacking or to pack in a lunchbox. You’ll never buy the bottled stuff again when you see how quick this is!
Originally published on June 4, 2015. Updated on February 1, 2021 to provide more helpful information.
Healthy Dips for Veggies
The first time I took the boys to their new dentist after we moved, I was so impressed. With all of his cheesy jokes, silly sound effects, and counting teeth in a sing-song voice, the kids have loved going to the dentist since that day.
Although at that first visit, I was a little embarrassed. didn’t have time to bring them home to brush their teeth prior to the appointment, so in his humorous way, the dentist had to point out the gobs of orange stuff in my big guy’s teeth.
I thought this was a total mom fail until he proudly announced that they were carrots, and then proceeded to rattle off the different vegetable that he loves to eat.
Dr. B was quite impressed! So I didn’t tell him that it might be because of all of the yummy but still healthy dip recipes I love to make to get them to snack on their veggies.
Like this one…
Honey Mustard Dip Recipe
This is so easy and packed with healthy ingredients that you won’t mind if the kids end ip eating more dip than veggies. And if you have picky eaters, it might be the best way to get them eating all those carrots and cucumbers and peppers. You can also drizzle it on chicken or even over a salad, or use it to dunk chicken fingers.
- Plain Greek yogurt – you can choose nonfat, low fat, or whole milk yogurt based on your preference.
- Spicy brown mustard – you can also use Dijon or yellow mustard to change it up.
- Honey – maple syrup is a delicious alternative too.
Just stir it together and you are done and ready to dip!
How long will honey mustard last?
You can store it in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 days.
What to dip
Besides what you’d normally dip, like veggies, chicken wings, or pretzels, try some of these appetizer or snack ideas:
- Chef Salad on a Stick
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Hot Dog Taquitos
- Cheesy Quinoa Bites
- Chef Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Apple Chicken Salad on a Stick
More healthy dip recipes
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Buffalo Dip with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
- Spinach Parmesan White Bean Dip
- BLT Dip from Lemon Tree Dwelling
- Spinach and Feta Dip from BetsyLife
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus from Shugary Sweets
Three-Ingredient Healthy Honey Mustard Dip
- ½ cup spicy brown mustard
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt or more, to taste
- Combine the mustard, Greek yogurt, and honey in a bowl and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I originally shared this recipe on The New York Melrose Family.