Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip from Pantry Ingredients
Sunday Supper is again joining up with American Family Insurance as they inspire and encourage all of us to #ChooseDreams. We all dream that our families will be happy and healthy, and that means embracing an overall fit lifestyle. Sometimes getting kids to eat their vegetable means giving them something to dunk them in. For a healthier version of a favorite that only requires basic ingredients you always have on-hand, make this simple Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.
Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.
After a long, cold winter, the second the snow melted and the warm weather arrived, my boys have wanted to be outside. In fact, lately, Little King Stuff has taken to running down the hall to find his sneakers the second he gets out of his chair after breakfast. Sometimes before he has even gotten out of his pajamas. The Bug is usually not far behind. And once they are out, it is not an easy feat to get them back inside.
One of my favorite ways to get the family outside, or to accommodate my little guys not wanting to come back in, is to bring our meals outdoors. While The Hubby is grilling or I’m inside making dinner, The Bug and King Stuff are playing in the sandbox, climbing up their playset, riding their cars or trikes, or just running around like crazy little boys tend to do. And then as soon as the food is gone (which never takes too long with those two), they are up and running again. To get the whole family in on the action, mommy and daddy are oftentimes up and chasing them! You don’t need to organize a formal game of baseball or go running or lift weights to get exercise. Sometimes it is as simple as just playing!
And it isn’t just dinner that we eat outside. Lately, after a morning of playing in the water table or sprinkler, the boys want to have a picnic. That’s when being able to quickly whip up some Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip to go with some sammies and veggies is perfect!
Not surprisingly, my kids love to dip, and after trying a jalapeño ranch dressing at a local restaurant, The Bug, is now obsessed. But so many store-bought versions are filled with so much extra fat and preservatives and other funky stuff, so I wanted to create healthier version. Except that many recipes you’ll find call for lots of fresh herbs and lemon juice and buttermilk. I’m gonna be honest, as much of a foodie as I am, there aren’t always things I have on hand. Thus, Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip was born, all created from ingredients like apple cider vinegar and dried herbs and spices that most of us have stashed in our pantry. And I don’t know about you, but these days, plain Greek yogurt is always in my fridge.
So just mix it up and you can either serve it right away or let it sit in the fridge for the flavors to fully develop. It totally gives you that classic ranch flavor, but it’s easy, budget-friendly, and packs in a whole lot more protein, with nothing weird or wacky. And if it gets my kid munching down on crunchy carrots or cucumbers, you know it is good!
American Family Insurance not only wants to inspire everyone to #ChooseDreams, they also want to help you pursue those dreams. Throughout their social media communities, they will be providing tips and tools, inspiration, statistics and encouragement for dreamers on various topics, and encouraging you to share your stories as we grow this community of dreamers.
That is where Sunday Supper comes in. Together with American Family, we are giving you recipes and ideas for a Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle, whether this means getting the family outside together, making healthy recipes for performance or families on the go, or being healthy on a budget. So I hope you’ll try this and many of the other nutritious and delicious recipes on the Family Health and Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest board. We will be pinning lots of amazing Sunday Supper and Weekday Supper recipes and healthy family ideas all summer long!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And make sure you check out the rest of the Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle recipes at the bottom of this post.
What is your favorite way to get your family active?
Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
A simple, healthier version of a favorite that only requires basic ingredients you always have on-hand.
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- If possible, let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Stir again before serving.
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Give it a 5 STAR rating and share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #CKCrecipes!
Looking for some more healthy dips?
Plus here are all of today’s Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle #SundaySupper recipes:
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie