This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This easy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip is a healthy veggie dip recipe made with basic ingredients you always have on hand in your fridge or pantry. Stir it together in minutes, then serve it on a platter with vegetables, pack it for lunch, or you can even use it as a salad dressing.
Healthy Ranch Dip Made with Greek Yogurt
No matter the time of year, I need plenty of quick, easy, and preferably healthy snacks ready for my kids at all times. During the school year life is crazy, and I’m usually rushing to pack their school lunches. And in the summer, with all the energy they burn biking and swimming and even running around inside when it is super hot, they are always looking for something to eat.
So being able to quickly whip up an easy healthy dip for veggies with ingredients I always keep on hand is just what I need. But I don’t necessarily want to use a premade seasoning packet.
However, many Ranch dip recipes have lots of fresh herbs, lemon juice, and buttermilk. These are not always things you have on hand at a moment’s notice. So this is what I like to call “Pantry Ranch Dip”, which means that other than Greek yogurt, all the ingredients are things you probably have in your pantry or spice cabinet. This actually makes it even more budget-friendly than anything premade or the recipes that require a bunch of fresh herbs that you may not end up using up.
Just mix it up and serve it right away or let it sit in the fridge for the flavors to fully develop. This easy dip has the classic ranch flavor, but it packs in a whole lot more protein, with nothing funky in there. And if it gets kids munching on crunchy carrots or cucumbers, you know it is good!
Ranch Dip Ingredients
Here is a quick list of what you’ll need so you can check your refrigerators and spice cabinet. The full amounts are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Plain Greek yogurt. You can use non fat, low fat, or whole milk yogurt depending on what works best for you.
- Apple cider vinegar. I like to use raw apple cider vinegar, but any that you have in your pantry will do.
- Olive oil. Or any other healthy oil like avocado oil.
- Dried herbs and spices. This includes parsley, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Salt and pepper.
How to Make It
Just stir everything together and keep it in the refrigerator until you need it. You can serve it right away, but it is best to give it a couple of hours to let the flavors fully develop.
This Ranch dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days, depending on how fresh the yogurt is.
Is Ranch dressing and Ranch dip the same?
Ranch dips tend to be thicker than salad dressing, and this one is also quite thick. If you want to use it as a salad dressing you could spoon it onto lettuce in a bowl and then toss it to coat the leaves before serving. You can also add a couple of tablespoons more of the vinegar or oil to thin it out so you can drizzle it over your salad.
Is Ranch dip healthy?
Many storebought Ranch dips contain preservatives and unhealthy oils leading them to be high in saturated fats. And those seasoning packets also have preservatives and other fillers to prevent them from caking.
Since this recipe is made with just Greek yogurt, oil, vinegar, dried herbs, and spices, it does not contain any of those things. Therefore, this is a healthy veggie dip.
Plus, by using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise or sour cream, you are getting an extra dose of protein and probiotics too!
Is it gluten free? Low carb?
While this is not necessarily true of storebought Ranch, all of the ingredients in this Ranch recipe are gluten free and low carb. When it comes to the herbs and spices in the recipe, by using individual dried seasonings, you are avoiding seasoning packets that could contain gluten. Just be sure your brand does not add any gluten-containing fillers.
If you want to keep the fat and calories low, you can use nonfat or lowfat Greek yogurt. For a keto Ranch dip, stick with whole milk Greek yogurt.
Of course, you can’t mention Ranch without bringing up Buffalo Wings. But there are so many things you can dip in this Ranch. It’s also great for drizzling on salads and so much more.
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are a totally different way to get that spicy kick.
- Spoon it on top of Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes.
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas are surprising but taste great with a drizzle of Ranch.
- It’s great for dunking Air Fryer Pizza Rolls.
- And while I prefer Ketchup, some people like to dunk their French Fries or Onion Rings in Ranch.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. If you want a thiner texture to use it as a salad dressing, just add additional apple cider veingar to schieve the desired consistency.
- If possible, let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Stir again before serving.
More healthy veggie dips made with Greek yogurt
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip is another classic made lighter.
- Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe makes that restaurant favorite healthier.
- Easy Tzatziki Dip is fresh while still being rich and creamy.
- Healthy Honey Mustard Dip only has three ingredients.
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Buffalo Dip will be a tailgating hit.