This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are the perfect gluten free appetizers to make when you want easy, healthy finger foods with loads of flavor! My favorite way to add a little kick is with my favorite hot sauce. So for the perfect mix of hot and cool in a fun appetizer or light dinner recipe, roll up a batch of Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls.
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
This easy gluten free appetizers recipe has been living in my head for a while, and yet for some reason, I planned to make it like ten times before I finally got it done. Every time I had leftover chicken, I was all like, “I’m going to make Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls.” And then I didn’t. I’d end up using the chicken for something else, and then just tell myself I’d do it next time. I even ended up freezing the chicken so it would be there waiting for me.
I knew I was just going to use the basic recipe from my Buffalo Chicken Salad, so that was all fine and good. But I was intimidated by the spring rolls. For some reason, I couldn’t work up the nerve. Like gluten free pie crust. Or souffle. Or macarons. Of course maybe that last one is a bad example, because I’ve made a few attempts, failed miserably, and still haven’t tried again.
I’m a culinary coward.
But you guys, it was so easy, and now I want to spring roll ALL THE THINGS! And you should too, starting with these…
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are a fun and spicy twist on an Asian classic. As I said, I used my spicy chicken salad recipe, but didn’t mix the carrots and blue cheese into it. Instead I laid them in the rice paper wrapper alongside the chicken salad so that you get the cool visual of all the ingredients through the translucent wrapper.
That’s what intrigues me so much about spring rolls – how pretty they are. And they are super simple too! Just dunk the sheet in water, lay it on a board, and add your fillings. By the time your fillings are in there, it’s softened up enough to roll it up. And these have that nice hot sauce kick that everyone loves with chicken. Dunk it in my Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip or Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip and you have a fabulous party appetizer, or a perfect cool dinner for a warm night alongside a salad topped with more of the dressing or dip that you choose for dipping your spring rolls.
And see, don’t they look cool?!
Is there anything that you’ve been afraid to attempt in the kitchen?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
A few things you’ll need…
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked and cooled chicken shredded and/or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or your favorite Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and hot sauce. Then stir in the chicken to coat completely and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl or pie plate with warm water. Take one rice paper wrapper and dip it in the water for 10-15 seconds. It will start to become pliable but will soften completely after a minute or two as you are filling it. Lay the wrapper on a cutting board.
- Lay about a tablespoon of the carrots, about a tablespoon of the blue cheese, and about a quarter cup of the chicken mixture on the wrapper. Roll up tightly and fold in the edges. Drizzle with additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or your favorite Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping.
Enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls recipe!
Here are some more of my favorite recipes with a kick…
- Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- Honey Lime Sriracha Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Glazed Mexican Chocolate Popcorn