Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are the perfect gluten free appetizers to make when you want easy, healthy finger foods with loads of flavor!
#SundaySupper knows that Some Like it Hot and Spice is Nice, so whether you like recipes that set your mouth on fire or the subtle warmth of cinnamon, we have over 40 recipes for you. My favorite way to add a little kick is with my favorite hot sauce, so for the perfect mix of hot and cool in a fun appetizer or light dinner recipe, roll up a batch of Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls.
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, meaning that if you click and make a purchase, the cost to you is the same, but I will receive a few pennies. I use the money to help maintain this website and to bring you new recipes!
This easy gluten free appetizers recipe has been living in my head for a while, and yet for some reason, I planned to make it like ten times before I finally got it done. Every time I had leftover chicken, I was all like, “I’m going to make Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls.” And then I didn’t. I’d end up using the chicken for something else, and then just tell myself I’d do it next time. I even ended up freezing the chicken so it would be there waiting for me.
I knew I was just going to use the basic recipe from my Buffalo Chicken Salad, so that was all fine and good. But I was intimidated by the spring rolls. For some reason, I couldn’t work up the nerve. Like gluten free pie crust. Or souffle. Or macarons. Of course maybe that last one is a bad example, because I’ve made a few attempts, failed miserably, and still haven’t tried again.
I’m a culinary coward.
But you guys, it was so easy, and now I want to spring roll ALL THE THINGS! And you should too, starting with these…
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are a fun and spicy twist on an Asian classic. As I said, I used my spicy chicken salad recipe, but didn’t mix the carrots and blue cheese into it. Instead I laid them in the rice paper wrapper alongside the chicken salad so that you get the cool visual of all the ingredients through the translucent wrapper.
That’s what intrigues me so much about spring rolls – how pretty they are. And they are super simple too! Just dunk the sheet in water, lay it on a board, and add your fillings. By the time your fillings are in there, it’s softened up enough to roll it up. And these have that nice hot sauce kick that everyone loves with chicken. Dunk it in my Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip or Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip and you have a fabulous party appetizer, or a perfect cool dinner for a warm night alongside a salad topped with more of the dressing or dip that you choose for dipping your spring rolls.
And see, don’t they look cool?!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.
Then while you are snacking on Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls, check out the rest to the spiced up Sunday Supper recipes at the bottom of this post!
Is there anything that you’ve been afraid to attempt in the kitchen?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
A few things you’ll need…
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked and cooled chicken shredded and/or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or your favorite Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and hot sauce. Then stir in the chicken to coat completely and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl or pie plate with warm water. Take one rice paper wrapper and dip it in the water for 10-15 seconds. It will start to become pliable but will soften completely after a minute or two as you are filling it. Lay the wrapper on a cutting board.
- Lay about a tablespoon of the carrots, about a tablespoon of the blue cheese, and about a quarter cup of the chicken mixture on the wrapper. Roll up tightly and fold in the edges. Drizzle with additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve with Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or your favorite Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping.
Enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls recipe!
Here are some more of my favorite recipes with a kick…
- Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- Honey Lime Sriracha Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Glazed Mexican Chocolate Popcorn
And the rest of the Spice Sunday Supper menu…
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip by Cooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeño Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeño Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeño Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cilantro Jalapeño Mojito by Manu’s Menu
- Shoo Fly Punch with a Kick by Our Good Life
- The Ultimate Hot and Spicy Bloody Mary with Bacon by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce with Caramelized Onions by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Jalapeño Peach Jam by What The Fork Food Blog
- Chai-Spiced Apple Pie Blondies by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole by My World Simplified
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Spicy Sloppy Joe Fries by From Gate to Plate
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (Mak Kimchi) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla