30+ Easy No-Bake Summer Desserts to Make with Kids
Easy no-bake summer dessert recipes are a great way to get your kids into the kitchen with you. These easy treats are perfect desserts kids can make since there is no oven needed, and all of these recipes are gluten free too.
We’re covering all kinds of kid-friendly recipes, from frozen desserts like ice cream and popsicles to dessert dips and no-bake cookies. Plus there are a few smoothies and shakes and some of our best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes. Keep cool and whip up some favorite warm weather treats with these 30 No-Bake Spring and Summer Treats to Make with Kids.
As the weather gets warmer, we are less likely to want to turn on the oven to make cupcakes, cookies, or muffins for the kids. But everyone still deserves a sweet treat every now and then, especially with baseball practice, swimming, and plenty of other activities. So how about some no-bake summer desserts to make with kids?!
What are no-bake dessert recipes?
A no-bake dessert recipe might require a little cooking on the stove. Or sometimes you might have to melt chocolate or butter in the microwave. But typically the require no cooking at all, making them perfect desserts kids can make. In this collection, you’ll find recipes for…
- No-Bake Cookies and Bars like indulgent No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars or healthy and portable Banana Nut Bars.
- Dessert Dips such as Cheesecake Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip or Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ball.
- Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cakes so you can see How to Make Ice Cream Cake or Toffee Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream without an ice cream maker.
- Smoothies and Shakes like a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie that totally tastes like dessert.
- Popsicles are also perfect in the summer so make some Banana Avocado Popsicles or Banana Nutella Frozen Yogurt Pops.
Besides these categories, you can also make things like a Chocolate Pudding Hack, Watermelon Fruit Pizza, and Rainbow Sherbet Sparkling Apple Cider Floats. And don’t forget Muddy Buddies recipes! And these are all gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes too!
No-Bake Desserts Kids Can Make
No-Bake Cookies and Bars are easy desserts kids can make
These recipes are a must-have on the list of no-bake spring and summer treats. Kids love cookies and milk all year long. But who wants to have the oven going all afternoon to make those batches of cookies and brownies? These no-bake desserts might need a little time on the stove, but they are easy and take only minutes to make.
- Gluten Free Peach Cheesecake Squares are light, creamy, and creamy with the perfect peachy flavor of summer.
- Apricot Chia No-Bake Energy Bars are a healthy sweet treat you can make in minutes.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies from Try Anything Once are always a family favorite that kids love to make.
- Coconut No-Bake Cookies from The Minimalist Baker are simple, chocolaty, and naturally sweetened.
- Chocolate Toffee No-Bake Cookies from Mom on Timeout are perfectly delicious with butter Heath bits.
- No-Bake Turtle Cookies from The Recipe Rebel have the caramel, chocolate, and pecan combo you love.
- Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies from The Kitchen is My Playground burst with maple deliciousness.
- Coconut Macaroons from Cravings of a Lunatic take ten minutes and the kids will eat them even faster.
Dessert Dips are perfect recipes to make with kids
Whether you are keeping it healthy with a flourless cookie dough dip or a Greek yogurt-based dip, or enjoying a more decadent treat, dips are a perfect no-bake dessert. You can dip fruit or your favorite cookies or crackers, even gluten free ones.
- Flourless White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Dough Dip lets every kid indulge in their dream of eating cookie dough, but this one is totally safe.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip is a simple and fun way to snack on a sweet treat.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Healthy Cookie Dough Dip is every kid’s favorite flavor combination.
- Hawaiian Fruit Dip from Yummy Healthy Easy will get the kids to eat more fruit than ever before.
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip from Shugary Sweets is serious dipping fun for kids and adults.
- Tagalong Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake has the flavors of your favorite Girl Scout Cookies in a gluten free dessert dip.
- Skinny Caramel Cream Dip from Will Cook for Smiles is smooth and out of this world.
Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cakes might be the ultimate no-bake summer desserts
Is it even summer without ice cream? And these are definitely recipes to make with kids because some of them don’t even require an ice cream maker.
- Homemade Gluten Free Funfetti Ice Cream Cake sprinkles so much fun into one easy no-bake summer dessert.
- No-Churn Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Ice Cream is so simple that it’s one of the most kid-friendly recipes for ice cream ever.
- Banana Nutella Chip Ice Cream has all the flavors kids love.
- Peach Ice Cream from A Zesty Bite is a perfect scoop of summer
- Simply Perfect Chocolate Ice Cream from Baking a Moment requires a little more work, but it’s a total classic.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream from Spoonful of Flavor
- Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream from A Dash of Sanity is a healthier way to enjoy this classic favorite.
Smoothies and Shakes are kid-friendly recipes that can be healthy or indulgent
No-bake summer desserts can be healthy too so that you have the energy to go all day. Smoothies can be made to taste just like a sweet summer treat. Or you can go all out and make milkshakes with the kids.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is rich and chocolaty and peanut buttery and is always a favorite.
- Shamrock Shake Green Smoothie tastes just like that fast food milkshake you can only get during a short time of the year.
- Cheesecake Blueberry Smoothie Recipe is a way to drink your dessert in a healthy way.
- Matcha Swirl Strawberry Banana Smoothie is as pretty as it is delicious, and kids will love making the swirls.
- Healthy Cookie Dough Milkshake from House of Yumm has secretly gluten free cookie dough bits that kids will gobble up.
- Banana Split Milkshake from Wishes and Dishes puts your favorite sundae in a glass.
Popsicles are the no-bake summer desserts every kid wants
From fresh and fruity to creamy and dreamy, frozen yogurt pops and ice pops are simple no-bake summer desserts. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles only taste rich and indulgent, but they are made with Greek yogurt.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Pops are so fun to make and even more fun to eat.
- Mango Lime Strawberry Popsicles have plenty of sweetness and the perfect amount of zing.
- Raspberry Coconut Chia Ice Pops from Running to the Kitchen are not only fun to make, but they sneak in some superfoods.
- Rainbow Popsicles from The First Year highlight the colors and flavors of yummy summer fruit.
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from Pass the Sushi put your favorite summer sip on a stick.
- Raspberry Coconut Cream Popsicles from All Day I Dream About Food swirl fresh and fruity with rich and creamy.