Easy No-Churn Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Ice Cream
Cheesecake Ice Cream is creamy and decadent with rich vanilla bean flavor and tangy cream cheese, but you don’t even need an ice cream machine. Satisfy your cheesecake and ice cream cravings in one frozen dessert with just four ingredients in this easy no-churn ice cream recipe.
Originally published on February 2, 2015. Updated with video and republished on June 21, 2017.
I love flavors. I love textures. And I even love colors.
When it comes to ice cream, give me something creamy filled with chunks, like No-Churn Copycat Graham Central Station Ice Cream. Add some velvety swirls or satiny ripples like you find in No-Churn Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Ice Cream. And let’s not forget chocolate and peanut butter like this Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
So why, oh why would I make something that looks so, well, vanilla?
Because sometimes you just need pure, intense vanilla flavor. You’ve got it right here. This is a recipe that truly celebrates vanilla.
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
It’s rich, it’s creamy, it tastes just like cheesecake, only better because, well, it’s ice cream. Beyond that, it doesn’t require an ice cream machine to make it. And ice cream is always my favorite gluten free dessert!
The tang of the cream cheese gives this ice cream that true cheesecake-iness, but the essence of the vanilla still shines through, with neither of the flavors overpowering the other. It’s smooth and just absolutely luscious.
What do you need to make cheesecake ice cream?
- Cream Cheese
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Bean Paste – you can use vanilla extract, but for the best flavor, I do recommend the paste.
- Heavy Cream
Directions overview – scroll to the recipe card for the full set of instructions
- Beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla bean paste until smooth.
- Set aside cream cheese mixture.
- Pour heavy cream into a chilled bowl.
- Beat the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream very gently.
- Pour the mixture into a container that you can freeze and has an airtight lid.
- Freeze 4 to 6 hours or until frozen.
Brianne’s recipe pro tips
While Vanilla Bean Paste really gives that intense vanilla flavor, you could also use a good quality vanilla extract.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you can blend it with the vanilla bean paste and sweetened condensed milk and get a nice smooth texture. This will ensure creamier ice cream.
The heavy cream should be very cold. I also recommend putting your bowl and beaters in the fridge or freezer. The colder everything is, the easier it will whip up without overbeating.
You want to gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream to avoid deflating it. Again, this produces creamier ice cream.
If you’ve put the ice cream in the freezer overnight, you may need to let it sit out for a couple of minutes to make it easier to scoop.
- A hand mixer with a whisk attachment makes it quicker and easier to whip your cream, though a whisk works too (and burns off some of those ice cream calories). No need to break out the big Kitchenaid mixer for this recipe.
- I’m a big fan of this ice cream scoop because it digs in well even if your ice cream is a little hard.
- I find these no-churn ice cream recipes always fit nicely into a 9 inch loaf pan.
How to serve Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Easy Hot Fudge is always a perennial favorite.
- Vanilla Bean Grapefruit Curd would make it taste like a creamsicle cheesecake.
- Strawberry Sauce from Like Mother Like Daughter is the perfect fruity topping.
Make ice cream sandwiches
- Flourless Coconut Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies would be balanced perfectly with the vanilla.
- Vanilla Macarons from Love and Confections are absolute perfection, but try swapping the ganache for little scoops of ice cream.
- Graham Crackers or Gluten Free Graham Crackers would be a classic combination.
Serve dessert a la mode
- Add a scoop to these Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies for Two instead of cream cheese frosting.
- Use it in Apple Cider Ice Cream Floats.
- You can never go wrong with cake and ice cream, especially when it is Strawberries and Whipped Cream Cake or Gluten Free Strawberries and Whipped Cream Cake.
More cheesecake ice cream recipes you can make with this base
- Add some swirls and bits for Caramel Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Ice Cream.
- Pour it in a springform pan to make Nutella Chocolate Chip No-Churn Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake.
- Use up leftover brownies in No-Churn Nutella Brownie Cheesecake Ice Cream.
- Start thinking about fall flavors with Cheesecake Caramel Apple Ice Cream.
- This ice cream would make the perfect filling for the ice cream layer of this Double Vanilla Ice Cream Cake from Brown-Eyed Baker.
No-Churn Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a review on Pinterest or photo on Instagram!
Tag me @cupcakekalechip and use #cupcakesandkalechips!
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, light or regular, at room temperature
- 14.5 oz sweetened condensed milk, regular or fat free
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 pint heavy cream, well chilled
- Place a large glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator or freezer for whipping the cream.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk attachment, beat together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla bean paste until smooth. Set aside.
- In the chilled bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture into a container that you can freeze and has an airtight lid, cover, and place in the freezer until frozen.
This frozen treat has the unmistakable taste of one of your favorite desserts. Made with only four ingredients and no ice cream maker, you’ll love the pure flavor of vanilla and tang of cream cheese in this super creamy cheesecake ice cream.