This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This ultra creamy No-Churn Nutella Toffee Ice Cream is so decadent with a swirl of chocolate hazelnut spread and studded with crunchy bits of Heath Bar candy. So easy, it has just 5 ingredients and since it is a no churn ice cream recipe, no ice cream maker is needed. The hardest part will be waiting for it to freeze before you enjoy a scoop of this heavenly frozen dessert.
Nutella Toffee Ice Cream – an Easy No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
If you love ice cream loaded with swirls and chunks and all kinds of flavors and textures, then this is the ice cream recipe for you. It may not be a Ben and Jerry’s flavor, but it will give their full-loaded pints a ruin for their money.
This version of no-churn ice cream is rich and creamy with ribbons of Nutella for a perfect dose of chocolate hazelnut flavor throughout the vanilla base. Then, since I must have texture in my ice cream, pieces of toffee are scattered through for crunchy little bits that add a buttery balance to the sweet lusciousness.
It is truly heavenly!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
I am such a fan of no-churn ice cream and there are many reasons why. Here are just a few.
- You don’t need an ice cream machine. Save money and save space on your counter or in your cabinets, because this ice cream is made with just a bowl, a spatula, and a basic hand mixer.
- No pre-planning. While it helps to have a metal bowl slightly chilled, you don’t have to freeze the bowl of an ice cream maker in advance. Yes, you have to freeze the ice cream after you prepare the base, but generally you have to do that with churned ice cream as well.
- Few ingredients. The base is simple heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. I always like to add a bit of vanilla to my base, but other than that it’s just the mix-ins you want to add.
- So many variations. Once you learn the technique, you can flavor it in so many ways by adding extract, swirls, mix-ins, and more. The possibilities are endless. Here are just a few ideas.
More no-churn ice cream recipes
- Keep it classic with No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream for a cool, fresh flavor.
- Blend cream cheese into the sweetened condensed milk to make Cheesecake Ice Cream.
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream can be made without cake mix, so it is gluten free but it still has plenty of sprinkles.
- Try this copycat Graham Central Station Ice Cream that is flavored by soaking graham crackers in the heavy cream.
- Go from summer to fall by mixing in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into this Pumpkin Ice Cream and put it over the top with a swirl of Nutella.
No-Churn Ice Cream Ingredients
Here is a quick overview of the basic ingredients you’ll need to make this Nutella toffee ice cream. Make sure you read the recipe card for the full quantities.
- Heavy cream. You’ll want to make sure it is well chilled.
- Vanilla extract.
- Sweetened condensed milk.
- Chocolate hazelnut spread.Use your favorite brand, such as Nutella.
- Toffee bits. You can use Heath Bits O’Brickle, Skor Bits, or chopped Heath bars, Skor bars, or another chocolate toffee candy bar.
How to Make Nutella Toffee Ice Cream
By following the basic method for making no-churn ice cream then adding some swirls and mix-ins, you can create this incredible ice cream flavor.
Make the ice cream base. In a chilled bowl, use an electric mixer or whisk to whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract to soft peaks. Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, followed by the toffee bits.
Add the swirls. Transfer the base to a container that you can freeze. Top the cream mixture with small dollops of Nutella and swirl through with a butter knife or small metal offset spatula.
Freeze the ice cream. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight until firm. You may have to keep it out at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping so that it scoops easily.
Tips for Success
- Make sure your heavy cream is super cold. Using a metal bowl and popping it into the fridge or freezer for a bit before you start also helps.
- Be sure to fold gently. Fold the sweetened condensed milk in gently but thoroughly. You don’t want to leave thick globs of it, but you don’t want to deflate the cream.
- Make it easier to swirl the Nutella. You can add the Nutella with the toffee and fold it in together, but sometimes it is hard to swirl it that way. So it may be easier to add little dollops after you transfer it to the freezer container then swirl it in with a butter knife.
Things You’ll Need
- HAND MIXER: A basic mixer like the inexpensive Hamilton Beach model I use is all you need. I prefer to use the whisk attachment.
- LARGE METAL BOWL: The cream whips better in a metal bowl, especially when you chill it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
- RUBBER SPATULA: For gently folding the mixture together.
- LOAF PAN: Any freezer-safe container will do, but I fund that most no-churn ice cream recipes fit perfectly into a 9-inch loaf pan.
No-Churn Nutella Toffee Ice Cream
- Place a large glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator or freezer for whipping the cream.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract to the chilled bowl. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and gently fold until you no longer see ribbons of the sweetened condensed milk and it is evenly distributed.
- Add the toffee bits and gently fold in. Transfer to a container that you can freeze.
- Top the cream mixture with small dollops of Nutella and swirl through with a butter knife or small metal offset spatula.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until frozen completely.