This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
For an easy, quick dessert, make Cherry Cheesecake Dip! This creamy, rich dip is made from a tangy combination of cream cheese and Greek yogurt that’s whipped into fluffy goodness with heavy cream and topped with vibrant cherry pie filling for the finishing touch. It is the perfect vehicle for gluten-free cookies, fresh fruit, and more, and takes just 10 minutes to put together.
Easy Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Cherry cheesecake dip is one of those easy desserts you can whip up when you need something fast, yet it tastes like you’ve spent a lot of time preparing it. It’s a gorgeously sweet-tart dip that is perfect spread on gluten-free cookies or served with fresh fruit.
Cuisine Inspiration: American
Primary Cooking Method: No-Bake
Dietary Info: Gluten-free, Nut-free, Egg-free
Skill Level: Easy
Why You’ll Love This Dessert Dip
I love serving a dip as a dessert, and you can easily whip this one up at the last minute if needed. Here’s why you’ll love this cherry cheesecake dip recipe:
- It’s a quick, no-bake dessert option. No-bake desserts are a great choice when you’re short on time or during the hot weather months! This cherry dip falls squarely into the “no baking required” category, with no oven needed.
- Naturally gluten-free. All of the ingredients in this cherry cheesecake dip recipe are naturally gluten-free. Serve the dip with gluten-free cookies to keep it entirely gluten-free.
- Easy ingredients list. I like to keep all of the ingredients needed to make this dip in the fridge and pantry so I can make it on the spur of the moment. You’ll find everything you need at your local store.
- A nice make-ahead dessert. You can make this dip up to 24 hours in advance.
- Versatile. You can experiment with using different toppings as well once you get the hang of the simple preparation method (blueberry pie filling is another lovely choice).
Cherry Dip Ingredients
Here’s a rundown of what you’ll need to make cherry dip. Don’t forget to check the recipe card at the end of this post for the full ingredient amounts.
- Cream Cheese: Full-fat cream cheese forms a smooth and tangy base for the dip.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt adds more richness and flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: To sweeten the dip without making it grainy.
- Vanilla Extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Heavy Cream: You can use half-and-half with similar results if you don’t have heavy cream.
- Cherry Pie Filling: You can use my recipe for homemade cherry pie filling in this dip! Or pick up a can or jar – just make sure it’s gluten free.
- Gluten-Free Graham Crackers or Vanilla Wafers: As an optional garnish.
- Graham Crackers, Vanilla Wafers, Pretzels, Apple Slices, Strawberries: To dip into the cherry dip.
Variations and Substitutions
- Try different pie fillings. Use the method for making the dip outlined in this post, then try a different fruit topping! You can use blueberry or apple pie filling for a different flavor combination.
- Make a chocolate cheesecake dip. Swap out the cherries for a layer of mini chocolate chips, and whip ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder into the dip when you add the heavy cream.
How To Make Cherry Cheesecake Dip
It’s so easy to make cherry cheesecake dip! You need just 10 minutes and a mixer – here’s how to do it. The full instructions will be in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Mix. Using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the cream. Now beat in the heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Assemble. Spread the cream cheese dip into a shallow dish or bowl and top with cherry pie filling.
- Garnish and serve. Top the cherry cheesecake dip with crumbled graham crackers or vanilla wafers, if you like. Then serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, apple or pear slices, strawberries, or other cookies or fruit for dipping
Tips for the Best Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. When cream cheese is brought to room temperature it will easily blend into the dip and will create a nice, smooth base.
- Sift your powdered sugar. Another simple way to avoid a lumpy dip is to sift the powdered sugar before adding it to the dip. This will eliminate any clumps in the sugar.
- Make the cherry dip in advance. You can make this cherry cheesecake dip up to 24 hours in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge, then bring it to room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving to slightly soften it a bit.
Store cherry cheesecake dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve the dip cold or slightly warmed up to room temperature.
What to Serve With Cherry Dip
I love to serve cherry cheesecake dip with an assortment of homemade gluten-free cookies and slices of fresh fruit, or added to a cookie charcuterie board. It’s a dessert dip, so pairing it with sweet accompaniments is the way to go. I’ve outlined some more ideas below for how to serve cherry cheesecake dip:
- With gluten-free cookies. Gluten-free cookies are so good dipped into a cherry dip! Try my Gluten Free Graham Crackers or Gluten Free Vanilla Wafers, or a combination.
- Add fresh fruit. Apple or pear slices would be wonderful alongside cherry cheesecake dip.
- Along with other dessert dips. Serve cherry cheesecake dip with other sweet dips! My Strawberry Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Dip, Flourless Pecan Caramel Apple Cookie Dough Dip, and Gluten Free Monster Cookie Dough Dip are fun options.
- Go the salty-sweet route. You could add gluten-free pretzels or pretzel sticks to the cookie plate for dipping when you serve this dish.
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , regular or light, at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 can or half a batch (about 2 cups) cherry pie filling
- Optional graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs for garnish
- Graham crackers , vanilla wafers, pretzels, apple slices, strawberries, or other fruit or cookies for dipping
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- While still beating with the mixer, slowly stream in the heavy cream, then increase the speed to high and beat for a minute or two until light and fluffy.
- Spread the cream cheese dip into a shallow dish or bowl and top with cherry pie filling. Garnish with a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers as a garnish, if desired.
- Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, apple or pear slices, strawberries, or other cookies or fruit for dipping