This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Caramel apple cookie dough dip with the crunch of pecans and creamy white chocolate chips is ooey gooey, gluten-free dessert dip recipe. It is made with a sneaky healthy ingredient that makes it taste like healthy cookie dough, but that secret ingredient actually means this is a dessert hummus dip. Plus the protein and fiber flourless cookie dough dip helps balance out all of that sweet goodness just a teeny little bit. Grab some fresh apple slices and graham crackers and get ready to scoop up some Flourless Pecan Caramel Apple Cookie Dough Dip.
For the first time in our five and a half years as parents, we hired a babysitter for an evening. Now don’t get me wrong, we have had date nights, but we have always had grandparents or aunts watch the boys so that we could go out for dinner or a movie or a football game. We’re not going to delve into my psyche here – I’m a cheap, paranoid and overprotective hermit and I’ll freely admit it.
We had a babysitter. Oh the possibilities – go for a nice quiet dinner at a dimly lit fancy restaurant, hang out at a bar for a couple of cocktails and some college football, go see some live music. Nope. We went to a little Peruvian joint in the corner of a strip mall with the early birds (read: senior citizens and families with kids) and then to a furniture store to order bunk beds for our kids.
So maybe we were “adulting” versus “dating”. But we had sangria. And ice cream. And we weren’t the ones in the furniture store with the screaming kids. I’m calling it a win.
Oh, and our kids want the babysitter to watch them again, and she said they were cute and good. So we have at least one more opportunity for a date night before they show her their true crazy selves and she never wants to come back. Kidding. Sort of. But yeah, that’s a win too.
You know what else I’m calling a win? This…
I hadn’t even planned to make this Caramel Apple Pecan Flourless Cookie Dough Dip, but I was making a healthy cookie dough base and I used more than I needed of one of the ingredients, so I figured I’d just double up on the secret healthy ingredient, split it, and make two dips. I looked in my fridge and the jar of caramel sauce I bought in a moment of
weakness food blogger preparedness was calling my name.
“Brianne, Brianne, you know if you leave me in this jar here, you’ll just bust out a spoon and polish me off. You know I am not reaching my full potential unless you pair me with some apples and pecans. I want to be slathered over all of that cookie dough.”
So this easy cookie dough dip recipe, my friends, is a happy accident. An ooey gooey, sweet and sticky, smooth with a bit of crunch happy accident. It’s a good thing I listened to that talking ice cream topping, am I right?
What are some more gluten free cookie dough recipes?
- Flourless White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Dough Dip
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownies
- You can even check out all of these 14 Sweet and Secretly Healthy Dessert Hummus Dips!
And some from my friends…
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Magic Bars from The Domestic Rebel
- Healthy Cookie Dough Milkshake from House of Yumm
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites from Texanerin Baking
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Flourless Pecan Caramel Apple Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
Flourless Pecan Caramel Apple Cookie Dough Dip
- 15 oz canned chickpeas rinsed, drained, and dried on a paper towel
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons caramel sauce divided (2 Tbsp. + 1 Tbsp to drizzle on top)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 large apple chopped, reserve 1 Tablespoon to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips , reserve 1 Tablespoon to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans , reserve 1 Tablespoon to sprinkle on top
- apples, graham crackers, pretzels, etc. for dipping
- Place the chickpeas, coconut oil or butter, caramel sauce, vanilla, and salt into a food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Blendtec), and process until smooth.
- Set aside one tablespoon of each of the chopped apple, white chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Scoop the cookie dough mixture into a bowl, add the remaining chopped apple, white chocolate chips and pecans, and mix in completely.
- Leave the cookie dough mixture in the bowl or spread on a dish, drizzle with the additional tablespoon of caramel (warmed slightly if needed to make it pourable), and sprinkle with the apple, chips, and pecans that were set aside.
- Serve with apples, graham crackers, pretzels, etc. for dipping.
“I’m a cheap, paranoid and overprotective hermit and I’ll freely admit it.” <–That's me, exactly. Also – we go shopping on almost every date night, lol!
I’m trying to get better. The Hubby and I need and deserve it! Now if only we were shopping for stuff for ourselves 🙂