This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Indulge in single-serving desserts that are as pretty as they are luscious when you make Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits. These rich and creamy no-bake treats are so easy to assemble, but look elegant on a platter. And you have simple options to make that crust layer gluten free.
Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
We all know the best part of a party or a wedding is the appetizers. Everyone loves nibbling on little bites of deliciousness. I’m here to say that we should take the same approach for dessert. Little desserts just mean that you can try more!
And when it comes to bite-sized treats, these little parfaits take the cake… the cheesecake, that is! Sink your spoon down through the thick cheesecake layer that is just incredible with its rich chocolate-hazelnut goodness. Greek yogurt lightens it up a bit, but it’s still super smooth and creamy. Then you’ll scoop up bits of banana and a little of the “crust” and you have so many flavors and textures going on.
Speaking of that crust, you have so many options. You can go with traditional graham cracker crumbs (try my homemade Gluten Free Graham Crackers). Or even skip the gluten and grains, opting instead for almond meal or flour, or some chopped nuts. You can even find hazelnut meal these days which will just enhance the flavor of the Nutella.
And since they are little, there’s no need to stop at just one of these Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits. You probably won’t be able to!
What You’ll Need
You only need simple ingredients to make these fancy treats! Let’s gather the ingredients.
- Cream cheese: Regular or Light (NOT Fat Free), softened to room temperature
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Chocolate hazelnut spread: the most common is Nutella, but if you prefer another one feel free to use it.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Crust: You have options here depending on your preference and can use hazelnut or almond meal/flour, ground nuts, or graham cracker crumbs (about 1 ½ graham cracker sheets).
- Banana: You’ll need some chopped to go in the parfait, and thin slices if you would like them for garnish.
- Whipped cream: You can pipe on some homemade fresh whipped cream or just use the kind from a can. If you use the canned kind, squirt it on just before serving or it will melt.
Then it’s just a matter of what you’ll make your mini cheesecake parfaits in. I happen to have mini dessert glasses, but you can also use shot glasses or buy disposable ones if you don’t want to worry about gathering them at a party and washing all the little nooks and crannies. I like to use these that I order on Amazon.
How to Make Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
Make the cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Nutella, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy and set it aside for a few minutes.
Form the crust. Place about one teaspoon of nut flour or meal or graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of twelve small bowls, glasses, shot glasses, or some other container for making the mini parfaits. Press it down slightly.
Assemble the cheesecake parfaits. Place about one tablespoon of the chopped banana on top of the crust in each of the containers. Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the twelve parfaits, about two tablespoons in each. You can use a spoon or transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
Chill the cheesecakes. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours (or overnight) to firm up, or until ready to serve.
Garnish and serve. Top each with whipped cream and a banana slice just before serving. Grab a little spoon and enjoy!
Tips for Success
Give the cream cheese time to soften. If it is still cold, it won’s blend smoothly and you’ll have little bits of cream cheese.
Use a different fruit. You can always replace the banana with strawberries, raspberries, pears, or just skip it altogether.
Make them ahead. You can assemble your mini cheesecake parfaits and leave them refrigerated up to 2 days. But do not add the whipped cream and banana slice garnish until just before serving.
Change the garnish. If you are worried about the banana slices getting soft or brown, use banana chips, mini chocolate chips, chocolate curls, chopped hazelnuts, or a drizzle of Nutella.
More gluten free mini desserts
While sometimes you want a big slice of cake, other times we all know that the best things come in small packages. And these little treats pack big flavor!
- Maple Blueberry Mini Cheesecake Parfaits
- S’Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Mini Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (regular or light, NOT fat free)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or almond meal/flour or ground nuts or graham cracker crumbs (about 1 ½ graham cracker sheets)
- 1 banana, chopped to have about 3/4 cups plus twelve thin slices for optional garnish
- Homemade or storebought whipped cream, plus the banana slices, mini chocolate chips, chocolate curls, or chopped hazelnuts for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Nutella, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Place about one teaspoon of nut flour/meal or graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of twelve small bowls, glasses, shot glasses, or some other container for making the mini parfaits. Press down slightly.
- Place about one tablespoon of the chopped banana on top of the crust in each of the bowls/dishes. Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the twelve parfaits, about two tablespoons in each.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight) to firm up.
- Top each with whipped cream and a banana slice or another garnish.