This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
No-bake Nutella cheesecake shooters are a rich, delicious and easy-to-make no-bake dessert. These pretty parfaits are served shooter-style, making them a fun cocktail party treat.
There’s a certain award show on tonight, and #SundaySupper has a menu of amazing recipes coming down the Red Carpet with all the glitz and glam worthy of a golden statue. When you’re at a cocktail party with the A-listers, even dessert has to be elegant. And tiny so you can still fit into your dress or tux, or, heck, just so you can sample everything. That’s why you’ll love these No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters. And I even have a gluten-free option for you! As a matter of fact, it’s one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes in my recipe box!
My husband is such a pain in the butt! Well, not in general, but in one specific instance. You see, he refuses to watch award shows. In college, my friends and I used to have award show watching parties. When I was living at home with my parents, my mom and sometimes my sister and I would watch them together. And now I’m stuck curling up on the couch, all by my lonesome. It’s just not the same without someone to gawk and gasp and giggle with.
I know what the issue is. While we don’t get to go to the movies very often, he is a pretty serious movie-watcher. While I just want happy, funny, lovey-dovey, light-hearted movies, he definitely is more into the types of films that would be nominated for an award. He appreciates cinematography, acting, good writing, and all of that. He also has a true passion for music, listening to everything from classic rock to blues to R&B to classical. But he does not care to see actors and musicians and directors honored for their accomplishments. What it comes down to is that he has such a deep appreciation that he doesn’t want to watch all of the celebrity hullaballoo that goes on. The Red Carpet strutting, talking more about “who” they are wearing, who’s showing up with whom, whether they opted for a natural look or a perfectly coiffed updo, who is most likely to have a wardrobe malfunction, and who’s not wearing any underwear, well, in his mind, that just dilutes the real intent of the ceremony, and takes away the focus from the art that they are supposed to celebrate.
Really, the man is just too dang serious, aka boooorrrrriiinnngggg!
I say, bring on the hullabaloo!! Give me Seacrest. Give me Access Hollywood. Give me Kelly Osborne and Giuliana Rancic. Give me E! I want the strutting, the spectacle, the glitz, the glam. Since I haven’t seen any of the movies nominated, that’s the fun part for me. By the time they get to the montages, nominees, and acceptance speeches, I’ll be tuning out because by then I’ve already seen all the best and worst dressed.
And well, if The Hubby won’t watch with me, then I just won’t share these Nutella cheesecake shooters with him.
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters are perfect little desserts for a glamorous Hollywood party. Tiny, rich, elegant, just like some of the Hollywood A-listers. A classic, simple color combination will perfectly accent a designer dress, whether it’s bright red, traditional black, or something bold, like fuchsia or emerald. Plus, if you’re trying to fit into that slinky gown, you can indulge in one and not worry about busting the seams. If you’re like me, and lounging in your sweats, then feel free to eat two or three! Because you guys, these little desserts are certainly award-winning…
You have lots of choices for the crust of the Nutella cheesecake shooters.
Graham cracker crumbs, almond or hazelnut meal if you need a gluten free option, or crushed macarons if you’ve recently screwed up a couple of batches. The cheesecake layer whips up in mere minutes, and is perfectly tangy, and both rich and light with the combination of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and just a touch of heavy cream. Then thick, gooey chocolate hazelnut spread and a cap of fluffy whipped cream puts these mini desserts over the top. It’s hard to stop at just one. Trust me, I know! And I don’t have to walk down the red carpet, so it’s all good!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And to get the rest of today’s Red Carpet menu, check out the recipes at the bottom of this post. You’re certain to find just what you need to complete your award-winning menu!
Do you watch for the pre-show red carpet stuff or the actual awards?
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 8 oz cream cheese regular or light, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided (1 tsp + 1/4 tsp)
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided (1/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs almond or hazelnut meal, or crushed cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- cocoa powder optional
- Place a glass or metal bowl in the freezer to chill. Have 12-16 shot glasses, tiny bowls, or other mini dessert glass ready to fill.
- In a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup heavy cream, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract to the chilled bowl and whip with a whisk or hand mixer to form soft peaks. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of the crumbs or meal in the bottom of each serving glass.
- Place the cheesecake mixture in a pastry bag or large heavy duty plastic storage bag and cut off the tip or corner, or carefully use a spoon, and divide evenly between the serving glasses.
- Top each one with 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (you can again use a pastry bag or heavy duty plastic bag).
- Place the whipped cream in a pastry bag or large heavy duty plastic storage bag and cut off the tip or corner, or carefully use a spoon, and top each of the serving glasses.
- Using a mesh sieve, sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Want some more little chocolate hazelnut sweets?
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups
- Flourless Nutella Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
And here are tonight’s #SundaySupper Nominees. Who will take home the golden statue?
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Just making these now and have a question. 17 Tbsp doesn’t equal 1/2 c plus 1 Tbsp. Help,!
I’m sorry, there was some sort of glitch in my recipe card. It should be 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon. I am fixing it now.
Thank you! These were the big hit at a cocktail party last weekend.
They’re also easy enough for kids to make.
I found glass shot glasses at the dollar store.
Yay, I am so happy to hear this!
I LOVE the Greek yogurt in these and the Nutella just completes it! Looks so yummy and your presentation is beautiful!
Thank you so much, Jessika!
What size glasses did you use for the shooters?
We use 3 oz. dessert shot glasses. If you want really nice ones, made of glass, look on Amazon. Otherwise, party supply stores usually carry them.
How far ahead can these be made?
I would think you could make them 1-2 days ahead at the most. If you leave them refrigerated longer than that, I think the flavors will dull quite a bit.
This nutella cheesecake looks wonderful love baked desserts
Thank you, Andriana!
Nutella AND cheesecake?!? I bet these shooters are absolutely delicious! I’ll have to make them soon!
Would I be able to make these a few days in advance in preparation for a party? They looks so yummy!
Yes, I think you could make them a couple days in advance, but I would make the whipped cream fresh that day.
Wow cinnamon and nutella together. Heaven. Thank you for sharing this.
This sounds super delicious. Thanks for posting and sharing this recipe.
Oh boy, these are dang cute and sound so good too! I know what you mean about award shows. I can’t remember the last time I saw one because my hubby doesn’t watch them either and we’ve always only had one TV. Thank you for lining up to Tips and Tricks. I hope to see you again this week. (Monday at 7pm)
This sounds like the perfect treat to enjoy while watching the Oscars, or really, any show at all! I love the nutella and cheesecake together! I would love if you would share this at my blog party, Celebrate It! It is all about celebrating the everyday!
Of course if I made these I may just “accidentally” forget to put them out so I’d had to finish all of them off myself.
These look delicious! Anything fancy looking dessert that requires no cooking is right up my alley.
I love all these delicious layers!
You had me at Nutella. Love these!!
Nutella is always a winner!
Oh yes, this is my kind of dessert for sure! Love the presentation, too.
Thanks, yes mini desserts are so fun and pretty!
I LOVE the Greek yogurt in these and the Nutella just completes it! Looks so yummy and your presentation is beautiful!
I love using Greek yogurt for that extra tang with the cream cheese!
There are few things better than a layered dessert like this with all different flavors and textures. Your husband should be happy to watch whatever you want as long as you keep making great recipes like this for him 🙂
Luckily we have more than one TV, but the company is nice 🙂
I would love these, I think I will make them for Easter dessert!
That would be fun for Easter!
I’ll place money that these darling little shooters convinced your hubby that he really did want to watch the Oscars with you. At least until they were gone LOL
This dessert is so beautiful I’d feel bad for digging in! But I know my tastebuds would thank me for doing so.
Don’t feel bad! It’s each to just make another batch!
Can I have 6? Preetttty please??
Coming right up!
I saw shooters and thought alcohol was involved! 🙂
I’m thinking a splash or rum or Kahlua couldn’t hurt.
There is a restaurant I’ve been to with a menu of little dessert shooters. It is so fun, but sure, add some Kahlua, maybe in the whipped cream! 🙂
HA! I can relate to your husband’s disdain for awards shows but you’re right. If he doesn’t want to watch it with you, then you shouldn’t have to share these shooters.
I’m not a big Hollywood person, but once or twice a year it’s fun to watch the glits. I think he can indulge me if I let him indulge in these 🙂
What cute little cheesecake desserts! They look so delicious and moorish.
I don’t know what I like better this awesome combination or that it’s a no-bake recipe!
BOTH! No-bake makes it so easy!
These look so good! Mmmm nutella….
Gotta love Nutella!
These are just adorable. I absolutely love this recipe!
Thank Jennie! They were fun to make!
Love the no bake idea, just made some myself yesterday!! These are a real winner and perfect for an Oscar party!!
No bake is the best! So easy, and you can break the recipes back out for summer when you don’t want to light the oven!
Who would not watch the show just to have some of these? I’ll take your husband’s share if he doesn’t. They look absolutely divine.
I’d be happy to make some to share with you!
SO elegant and irresistible!!! And I love that they’re minis!
Mini food is so fun to eat!
I love no bake desserts and this nutella cheesecake sounds wonderful!
It’s such a great combo!!
Oh my!!! Did I read Nutella AND cheesecake in the same sentence??? Can I have a couple please??? <3
I might have eaten more than one 😉