This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars are here just in time for the fresh peach season. These creamy, dreamy dessert squares pair a light and fluffy cheesecake mousse filled with fresh peaches and an easy gluten free almond meal crust that tastes like shortbread. But no oven needed for one of the best gluten free no bake dessert recipes!
Originally published on August 16, 2016.
Back when I first posted this cheesecake squares recipe, I was one a cruise with my husband for our tenth anniversary. And, get this, our kids were staying with my mom.
I love my kids, but I have to tell you, it was bliss. So is this recipe.
I was also in such bliss that I literally just posted a bunch of pictures and said, “Hey, here you go, make them!”
I mean, I am pretty sure that staring at these total dreamboat peach cheesecake bars are all you need to convince you that you are ready to dive right in. But since then I have learned that when writing a blog post, it’s definitely worthwhile to tell you a little more about the recipe to help you alone.
Gluten free cheesecake crust
The first step is making the crust. While a traditional cheesecake crust is usually made from graham cracker crumbs or sometimes Oreo or shortbread cookies, these typical crusts are not gluten free unless you buy special gluten free cookies.
I don’t always have those on hand. But I do always have a bag of almond meal.
If you skip the cinnamon, it makes a lovely, buttery press-in crust that tastes like shortbread which pairs perfectly with these no-bake peach cheesecake squares.
Peach cheesecake filling
When I saw these No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon and then started seeing perfectly ripe peaches at my Farmers Market, I knew it was a match made in heaven.
You only need to fold a tangy cream cheese and Greek yogurt mixtures into sweetened whipped cream, and light and fluffy, creamy cheesecake filling. Just add those fresh, juicy peaches, and it’s like heaven
How to make Gluten Free Peach Cheesecake Bars
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details.
But don’t skip my PRO TIPS below!
For the crust
- Almond meal
For the peaches cheesecake mousse
- Heavy cream or whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh peaches – half coarsely chopped, half sliced. You can peel them or not depending on your preference.
Directions overview – scroll to the recipe card for the full set of instructions
- In a small bowl, toss the almond meal, melted butter, and sugar together with a fork.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a foil-lined 8×8 inch square pan and press down firmly. Place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar to form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, then stir in the Greek yogurt and the chopped peaches.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the crust. Place the peach slices in a single layer, then top with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately. Keep leftovers refrigerated for up to 2 to 3 days.
Brianne’s pro recipe tips
- I recommend lining the pan with aluminum foil or even parchment paper and letting it overhand the edges. This will allow you to easily lift the peach cheesecake bars out of the pan so you can cut them nicely.
- Place a metal bowl and beaters or whisk attachment for an electric hand mixer into the freezer and make sure your heavy cream is well-chilled. This makes it easier to whip to soft peaks without overbeating.
- Be sure to press the crust firmly into the pan. you can use your hands or a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup. Pressing it in well and freezing it briefly will ensure it holds together when cut.
- 8 x 8-inch square pan – I like having a couple of these around. They are great for these bars or Monster Cookie Bars. But having two also makes it easy to use one to firmly press the mixture down into the other pan when I am no-bake energy bars.
- Hand mixer – this simple, inexpensive one from Hamilton Beach is great for recipes like this because I can use the whisk attachment to whip the cream without having to haul out my big stand mixer, then just swap that out for the beaters to blend the cream cheese mixture.
- Small offset spatula – this is useful for spreading and smoothing the cheesecake mixture over the top of the crust
See, I told you I loved the photos. But at least I now gave you more information to ensure these Gluten Free Peach Cheesecake Bars turn out perfectly for you.
Awwww yeah, look at that!
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters
- Creamsicle Jello Mold
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Gluten Free Millionaire Bars from Boulder Locavore
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie from Neighborfood
Gluten Free No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Gluten Free No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil. Place a small metal bowl and beaters for an electric hand mixer into the freezer.
- In another small bowl, combine almond meal, melted butter, and 2 Tablespoons sugar, and toss together with a fork. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down firmly with hands or the bottom of a cup. Place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl that was in the freezer, using a whisk or hand mixer, whip the cream and powdered sugar to form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add Greek yogurt and mix until combined, then stir i the chopped peaches.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the crust. Place the peach slices in a single layer, then top with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.