This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits layer leftover pumpkin pie with Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and a crunchy topping like pecans, granola, or even crushed pie crust. Transform those leftovers into a healthy protein-packed recipe that you can enjoy for breakfast, snack, or even a lighter sweet treat. Use your favorite pumpkin pie filling, whether it is storebought, homemade, or even gluten free.
Pumpkin Pie Parfait Recipe
What is it about a holiday or, especially, the day after a holiday that makes it totally acceptable to have the most random things for breakfast? And typically these random things involve leftover dessert. Oh come on, you know you’ve done it.
We always put out our christmas cookies for Christmas Eve dessert. So you can be sure I raid what is left on the platter and fill a plate with things like Almond Crescents (well, now Gluten Free Almond Crescents) and Peanut Butter Cup Blossom Cookies for Christmas breakfast. But if I’m eating them with a bowl of Waldorf Fruit Salad, it’s all good, am I right?
Easter and much of the week after, before I had a gluten allergy, it was a piece of Paska with butter first thing in the morning. But my mom, after having given up chocolate for Lent, has been known to pair her Easter bread with a handful of M&M’s for breakfast.
And after a birthday, there is nothing wrong with Ice Cream Cake to start your day. I’m totally not wrong.
Then, of course, there’s Thanksgiving. I’m sure we’ve all been known to cut a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast. Pumpkin is a vegetable, so with the eggs in the pie, it’s practically like having a spinach frittata.
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Parfaits transform that leftover pumpkin pie into a healthy treat. With protein, and yes, even veggies (hello, pumpkin, I’m looking at you), you can enjoy these as breakfast, snack, or even a lightened-up dessert.
Pumpkin Yogurt Parfaits
Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Parfaits can at least make you feel a little better about having pie for breakfast. Or they make a healthier dessert than just having another slice of pie loaded with whipped cream. And it can be fancy enough to serve to guests if you need to stretch that last bit of pumpkin pie to feed a few extra people. Try making little dessert parfaits in these mini dessert cups with spoons.
How do you make pumpkin pie parfaits?
- Put some Greek yogurt in the bottom of a bowl, glass, or jar.
- Top with leftover pumpkin pie. You can scrape it out of the crust or use a crustless pumpkin pie.
- Add pecans. You can also choose another crunchy topping, like walnuts, granola, or even crushed graham crackers or pie crust.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Repeat layers as many times as you like.
If you don’t want to use pecans, try the parfaits with one of these granola recipes:
What kind of yogurt do you use in the parfaits?
I like to use Greek yogurt for the added protein and thick, creamy texture. But regular yogurt is fine too. And everything fro nonfat to low fat to whole milk yogurt works fine depending on what you prefer.
Here are some flavor choices:
- Vanilla yogurt adds a nice balance to the spices of the pumpkin pie.
- Honey or maple-flavored yogurt gives it a rich-flavored sweetness
- Plain can actually tone down the sweetness, especially if you want to have it for breakfast. If plain is all you have and you find it not sweet enough, you can always add a bit more maple syrup, if needed.
- Seasonal flavors like Apple Cinnamon or Pumpkin would also be a fun option.
More healthy gluten free pumpkin recipes you might like…
Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Parfaits
For each parfait:
- 6 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling from your leftover pumpkin pie
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pecans or other nuts, crushed graham crackers, pie crust, or granola
- Maple syrup and cinnamon if desired
- In a small glass or jar, layer about two tablespoons of Greek yogurt, two tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling, a teaspoon of nuts (or other desired topping).
- Repeat layers, then top with one final layer of yogurt and nuts (or other desired topping).
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon