It’s Wayback Wednesday, and with the holidays coming up faster than we all care to admit, I thought I would bring you the full recipe for an easy and super-yummy cookie recipe that I shared over at One Creative Mommy. And the best past is, whether you are gluten-free or not, there are perfect because they are completely flourless Double PB Peanut Butter Cup Blossom Cookies.
I have a serious cookie issue. I always want a variety, so I make, like, ten different types every year, forgetting that each batch makes three to six dozen. What does that mean? We usually end up with about FIVE HUNDRED COOKIES! Literally. My family isn’t that big. That’s a lot of cookies.
Combine that with The Hubby who insists that we always have to have enough food for at least three times the number of people we are going to have, and then I usually end up throwing together one more batch. Have you seen all of the cookie recipes I have posted this year? Plus the (super deliciously awesome) oatmeal cookies I made for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap made about six dozen, and I had to send out three, but I got a dozen of three different types in return. Then I off-loaded some of the overabundance of Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars (the recipe makes a ton) at a cookie swap, and brought home a whole bunch more. And he is still telling me that it seems like we don’t have many cookies around.
Seriously, he must not have looked in our freezer.
Honestly, I did double up the recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies and then split it to make three different varieties, so I don’t have dozens and dozens of each. But I am glad I have some of these babies around. So good. ALL.THE.PEANUT.BUTTER. Oh my goodness!
I love those peanut buttery cookies with the little chocolate Kiss on top. But since I do try to be “gluten aware” and limit how much I have, I thought a gluten-free version was in order. And a double peanut buttery one at that! I am a total peanut butter fanatic, so rather than using gluten-free flours, I just amped up the PB factor by making flourless peanut butter cookies, then, to put them over the top – a peanut butter cup instead of a Kiss.
BAM – DOUBLE PB!!!! DO IT!!
Do you go crazy baking for Christmas?
Flourless Double PB Peanut Butter Cup Blossom Cookies
Flourless, super peanut buttery cookies topped with a peanut butter cup for a double PB dose! A new twist on the classic "blossom cookie".
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 c natural peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- About 30 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat in the peanut butter until cream.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Form balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough, place on the cookie sheet and flatten to about ½ inch thick with your palm.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden and set.
- Let cool on the sheet for about a minute, then place a peanut butter cup on top of each cookie, tapping slightly so that the chocolate "glues" it to the cookie.
- Cool for another five minutes or so on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Need some more flourless cookies?
- Almond Joy Macaroons
- Flourless Browned Butter White Chocolate Cranberry Cashew Oatmeal Cookies
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups
Plus some from my friends…
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (aka Chickpea Cookies) from Texanerin Baking
- Flourless Triple Chocolate Cookies from Remember When We Lived in That Castle
- Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies from Simply Gourmet