Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies have three kinds of chocolate make classic peanut butter cookie recipe even better. Plus these have no flour, so they are naturally gluten free. Gather a few basic pantry ingredients to make Triple Chocolate Chip Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies for dessert!
Several years back, I participated in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Every year, bloggers from around the world gather together to participate in what I imagine must be the world’s largest cookie swap.
Each participant made a new (to their blog) recipe and sent a dozen cookies to three others. They then received a dozen cookies from three other bloggers. You guys, that just means that there is a whole lot of deliciousness criss crossing the globe.
The best part, though, was the partnership with Cookies for Kids Cancer, a non-profit that raises money to fund new therapies in the fight against pediatric cancer. We all make a donation, and through our posts, we raise awareness for this amazing charity.
And I must say, it’s only for a good cause that I would be willing to share these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies.
Whether you bring them to your own cookie swap or save them all for yourself is up to you.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
I took a basic flourless peanut butter cookie recipe that I’ve used to make and did what had to be done when you have peanut butter – I added chocolate. And not just one kind of chocolate, I added three to make Flourless Triple Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies. The peanut butter cookie is the perfect balance of crispy and chewy, then you get creamy bursts, sweet bits, and then some deep dark chocolate flavor. Get your glass of milk ready because you are going to want to devour a stack of these babies. How do I know that?
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details.
But don’t skip my PRO TIPS below!
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar – I used dark brown sugar.
- Baking soda
- Peanut butter – I use creamy peanut butter. You can use natural peanut butter, but if it is the kind that just has peanut and salt, the cookies will be a bit more crumbly.
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – I love to make these as triple chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, with a combination of white, milk, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. But you can use just one type of chocolate chips or a mixture of as many as you like.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat in the peanut butter, followed by the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Brianne’s recipe pro tips
- Use one type of chocolate chips or up to three or four different types, including white, milk, semi-sweet, and dark. You can even try peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips.
- Press marshmallows in the center to make Fluffernutter Cookies.
- Top each one with a Reese’s and make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
- Make Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches with Nutella and marshmallow cream.
Making gluten free peanut butter cookies
Gluten Free Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. This information is solely based on my research and personal experience, and I provide it as a courtesy to my readers. Please consult your doctor or medical professional for any questions as it relates to your needs, particularly if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten allergy or intolerance. Products, manufacturing facilities, and ingredients change frequently, so you should always contact the manufacturer for the latest information.
Since these are flourless peanut butter cookies, it is easy to make them gluten free. These are all gluten free ingredients, so just be sure the brands you choose are not manufactured in facilities where there could be cross-contamination if you have celiac disease or are highly sensitive.
Some ingredients to be especially cautious of are:
- Vanilla extract – some brands, particularly lower quality ones, can add flavors and colors that may contain gluten. Also, some vanilla extract has a base of grain alcohol. While distillation typically removes the gluten protein, some people can be sensitive to this.
- Chocolate chips, especially white chocolate chips – again, while these are typically gluten free, some brands do add colors or flavors or manufacture on shared equipment. One brand of white chocolate chips to avoid is Ghirardelli, though their other chips are fine.
Making ahead and storing
The dough can be made a day ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Let warm up a little before scooping the cookies. You can also freeze the dough balls and thaw before baking.
This flourless peanut butter cookie recipe can also be doubled to make about 5 dozen.
The cookies will last up to a week at room temperature in an airtight container.
They can be frozen for up to two months. I recommend placing about a dozen or less in a plastic freezer storage bag, squeezing out the air, and placing the bags inside another bag or airtight container.
More flourless desserts
- Flourless Caramel Chocolate Cake Roll with Milky Ways
- Monster Cookie Bars
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake
- Crustless Pumpkin Pies
- Creamsicle Jello Mold
More gluten free chocolate peanut butter recipes
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Cake Roll
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Smoothie
- Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe with Chocolate Chips
Easy gluten free peanut butter cookies are even better when you add chocolate chips. And you can even add three kinds of chips to make them triple chocolate and peanut butter goodness. Only seven ingredients and natrually gluten free.
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a review on Pinterest or photo on Instagram!
Tag me @cupcakekalechip and use #cupcakesandkalechips!
Flourless Triple Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cups peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (can use any combination of white, milk, dark, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used 1/4 cup each of white, dark, and semi-sweet chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat in the peanut butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough, place on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with you hand.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.