Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark
Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark is a simple chocolate candy recipe. Inspired by those coffee shop treats, Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, with a secret to make it taste like cream cheese frosting. It’s super easy to make and perfect to give as gifts, if you don’t eat it all first. In fact, it’s one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes for the holidays!
How to Make Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark
Are we over the red cup drama people? Craziness I tell you. I’m a lifelong Catholic and I cannot understand why people got up in arms over a cup. I mean, even I change up my holiday decor every year. Sure, I always have a nativity, but some years I’m heavy on the snowmen or have Santa hanging out in every corner of the house, others I use lots of red and green ornaments, and I even used to do a pink, silver, and gold Victorian-style tree. It’s all about style, people. And ombre red cup – totally stylish and still totally festive. And I also think Starbucks is getting into the holiday spirit with their festive colored and flavored sweet treats.
But those Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, well, me and my gluten allergy again, so I’m not eating them sadly. And every time I see them, all I think when I look at the white frosted top dotted with bits of dried cranberry is chocolate bark.
So I knew I had to make Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark.
But after doing my research, I found out it was cream cheese frosting. How was I going to make white chocolate bark taste like cream cheese frosting? Well my answer came from this recipe from The Kitchn – lemon zest! Now I found that the addition of the lemon zest seemed to make the bark a bit more crumbly than your usual chocolate bark, but the flavor makes it so worth it. It totally has that tang of cream cheese frosting.
For the double cranberry yumminess of the Cranberry Bliss Bars, I stirred dried cranberries into the melted chocolate and sprinkled chopped dried cranberries on top of the Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark. A shower of orange zest and a drizzle of white chocolate and your semi-copycat recipe is complete – deliciously sweet, totally gorgeous holiday sweet treat that takes only minutes and is perfect to package as gifts, unless you eat it all first!
[Tweet “Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark – a simple candy inspired by the #Starbucks treat!”]
Want to chat with fellow foodies? Join my No-Fuss Food and Fun group on Facebook. Everyday we have fun topics, share recipes and ideas, ask and answer questions, and see all of my new Cupcakes & Kale Chips creations! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Here’s the Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark recipe…
- 16 ounces good-quality white chocolate, divided (set aside 2 oz.)
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, left whole
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest of one orange
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water and add the chocolate.
- Stir until almost complete melted, remove from heat, and stir in lemon zest and dried cranberries.
- Working quickly, pour the chocolate onto the lined baking sheet, and using a spatula, spread intoan even layer about a 1/4-inch thick.
- Immediately after spreading out the chocolate, sprinkle the chopped dried cranberries and orange zest over the top. Gently press the toppings into the chocolate.
- Place the sheet pan in the fridge until the chocolate has firmed up, about 1 hour.
- Melt remaining 2 oz. chocolate, transfer into a small sandwich bag, cut off the tip and drizzle over the bark. Return to the refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up.
- Break the bark into pieces.
- Store the bark in an airtight container in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Here’s some more simple chocolate candy recipes…
- Swirled Berry Vanilla Puffs Bark
- Sea Salt and Honey Peanut Butter Cups
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Truffles
And check out the recipes from Day 2 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Saltine Toffee from Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramel and Chocolate Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Food Done Light
Maple Doodles from Farm Fresh Feasts
Blue & White Christmas Bark from Flour On My Face
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake from From Gate to Plate
Cranberry Cake with Orange Glaze from Lauren Kelly Nutrition