Double Chocolate Toffee Caramel Fudge
Double Chocolate Toffee Caramel Fudge is an easy microwave fudge recipe with layers of white and dark chocolate, gooey caramel, and bits of toffee. This simple candy recipe is the perfect no-bake treat for the holidays or any day you want a chocolaty treat that makes a yummy gluten-free dessert.
For the first time ever I managed to surprise my kids with a vacation. I’ve heard of parents not telling their kids they were heading to Disney World or on a cruise until they were in the airport. Yeah, that’s not going to work so well with my kids who are basically inflexible control freaks. Not giving them time to mentally prepare for being out of our normal routine for a week is a setup for disaster.
But I have always wanted to plan something special without telling them, and I finally pulled it off, and the excitement of surprising them with something super fun was all that I imagined it would be.
However, I started small. Instead of springing a weeklong vacation on them, we spent two nights at the National Harbor, about 45 minutes away, to enjoy all of the Christmas festivities and a little downtime. We enjoyed some yummy meals and special treats like pralines and ice cream. We had breakfast with Rudolph and Clarice. After a little four-year-old meltdown, we saw Santa. We went to ICE, a walkthrough exhibit of ice sculptures all based on scenes from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, culminated by the kids taking multiple trips down the ice slide. We decorated gingerbread people. We swam in the indoor pool. We ice skated.
Well, that’s where the “surprise” turned on me. There was another four-year-old meltdown because he was afraid of trying to skate, so I thought I’d try to make him smile by doing a spin on the ice. We’re not talking a Kristi Yamaguchi triple axel. I just wanted to spin around one time, which I’ve done hundreds of times before, and as soon as I started to turn, I went down. And what do you do when you are falling on the ice, even though you know you shouldn’t? Yep, I put my hand down to catch my fall. I decided to grin and bear it through the day on Saturday, only to have the hubby drop me off for an x-ray on the way home on Sunday.
It could have been worse, but I sprained my wrist. However, the good surprise of getting my family into the holiday spirit definitely outweighed the bad surprise of a li’l skating injury!
So I wonder if I can pull off a bigger surprise next time!
You won’t be surprised with how amazing this Double Chocolate Toffee Caramel Fudge is!
How to Make Microwave Fudge with Caramel and Toffee
- Melt white and semisweet chocolate chips, each with half a can of sweetened condensed milk, in the microwave
- Spread the white chocolate mixture into a pan.
- Swirl with ooey gooey caramel and sprinkle with buttery bits of toffee.
- Spread the semisweet chocolate layer on top and add more caramel and toffee bits.
- The hardest part will be waiting for it to set up in the fridge.
I’ve always focused on Christmas cookies, but Christmas candy is just as fun and yummy to make, and, like Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark, maybe even easier. No softening butter, no breaking out the mixer, no heating the oven, and yet you still get a sweet treat that you can pack as gifts or leave for Santa. That is, if you don’t eat it all yourself first!
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
What else can you make with toffee bits?
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies with Toffee
- Caramel Toffee Chip Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
- Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Toffee Monster Cookies
- Toffee Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Bark
Want more fudge?
- Double Chocolate Snickers Fudge
- Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge
- Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge
- If chocolate and peanut butter is your favorite combo, try this Buckeye Fudge from Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- Indulge those caramel cravings some more with No-Fail Turtle Fudge from Back for Seconds.
- Or get festive with Chocolate Toffee Holiday Fudge from Boulder Locavore.
- And here are more fudge recipes.
Double Chocolate Toffee Caramel Fudge Recipe
This toffee caramel fudge recipe looks and tastes totally gourmet, but there are only six ingredients, it’s ready in minutes, and you make it in the microwave! But you don’t have to tell anybody unless you want to, and trust me, they’ll be totally surprised!
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
Double Chocolate Caramel Toffee Fudge
- Line a square pan with wax or parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips and half of the sweetened condensed milk (just under ⅔ cup), on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 15-20 seconds until chocolate is nearly completely melted. Stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth, then stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan and spread to the edges. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup of the caramel over the white chocolate layer, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of the toffee bits on top and press down slightly. Allow fudge to firm up sightly while preparing the next layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat semi-sweet chocolate chips and the remaining half of the sweetened condensed milk (just under ⅔ cup), on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 15-20 seconds until chocolate is nearly completely melted. Stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth, then stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour fudge over the white chocolate layer and, working quickly but carefully, spread to the edges. Drizzle the remaining caramel on top, then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits on top and press down slightly.
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator for several hours to firm up, then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container, preferably in the refrigerator. It can be kept at room temperature, but some of the caramel will ooze out a but.