Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark
Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark is a simple chocolate candy recipe inspired by a favorite coffee shop drink. Make this for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or any day of the year for your favorite chocolate lover. With only five ingredients and ready in minutes, this easy chocolate bark recipe might just disappear faster than you can make it.
Espresso Salted Caramel Chocolate Bark
You guys, I finally did it. After living here for three years I finally invited some of the neighborhood women over for a ladies night. We’ve had family over and a one or two families at a time, but for some reason I’ve always been too nervous to invite the other moms over. Well this time I followed through. I said I would keep it simple and just open some wine, put out some cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, and some fruit.
Yeah, like I can stop there. I made a sparkling cider sangria and threw together a hot chocolate and coffee bar with different toppings and bottles of rum, Bailey’s Kahlua, and all that good stuff. I made charcuterie platters with several types of cheese and sausage, veggies, and my Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Hummus and Caramelized Apple Pecan Baked Brie. I whipped up some coconut cream for dipping the fruit and even threw together a batch of muddy buddies. And I made three kinds of chocolate bark.
You know, just keeping it simple. OK, fine, so I don’t know the meaning of the word “simple”.
But we talked, we drank wine, we laughed, we snacked on cheese and crackers, we drank some more wine, we had a few veggies, we relaxed. It was just what these mamas needed this busy time of year.
And you know what else we need? Coffee. And chocolate. All in one delicious bite…
Starbucks lovers will go crazy over this coffee-shop-inspired Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark!
A couple years ago I was in a Starbucks around the holidays and saw their Cranberry Bliss Bars, and the frosting on top reminded me of white chocolate bark which inspired my recipe for Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark. I loved how it turned out, and since it was pretty popular, I decided to turn to Starbucks again for another chocolate bark recipe idea. Well, I actually turned to Facebook and asked my friends and family their favorite holiday treats and drink from Starbucks. It was my mom who mentioned the Salted Caramel Mocha. Since I’m a fan of the occasional Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino, I knew this was the way to go.
Chocolate bark is such a perfect treat for Christmas or Valentine’s Day or really any day you need a chocolate fix. It’s super easy, only takes a few ingredients, you can use what you have in your pantry, and it looks and tastes totally gourmet. All you have to do is melt some chocolate, spread it in a thin layer, then swirl or sprinkle your favorite toppings. I’ve mixed in pumpkin spice to make Toffee Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Bark. I’ve even stuffed some yumminess between two layers of chocolate to make Peanut Butter and Jelly White Chocolate Bark. But this time I took some inspiration from that rich and creamy coffee drink.
When making chocolate bark, you can use chocolate chips or chocolate bars, but a candy coating like CandiQuik or Wilton Candy Melts tend to melt and spread better, especially when you are stirring in something to flavor the chocolate, as I did here with the instant espresso powder to give it that mocha flavor. Then I swirled in some salted caramel, opting just for a jar of salted caramel ice cream topping this time, though you could certainly make your own. A little sprinkle or coarse sea salt and a drizzle of white chocolate (you can pretend that’s the whipped cream on top) completes this Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark recipe.
All you have to do is let it cool, break it up, and share with your friends and family. It makes a perfect gift, if you don’t eat it yourself first!
If you like this Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark recipe, you might enjoy these…
- Blended Iced Coffee
- Salted Ripple Chip No-Churn Ice Cream
- Banana Almond Mocha Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Toffee Caramel Fudge
If you want to enjoy this yummy combo the classic way, sip on this Salted Caramel Mocha Latte from Inside Bru Crew Life. Or chill out with Salted Caramel Mocha Popsicles from Melanie Makes. You can also grab some fruit (or a spoon) to dunk into Salted Caramel Mocha Cheesecake Dip from Crazy for Crust.
And you can also check out some of the Best Chocolate Bark Recipes!
Here’s a few things you might need to make this Salted Caramel Mocha Chocolate Bark…
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $6.99
- Price: Check on Amazon
An easy chocolate candy recipe inspired by a favorite coffee shop drink with only five ingredients for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or any day that calls for chocolate.
- 12 oz. chocolate candy coating candy melts, or chips
- 1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce homemade or from a jar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 oz. white chocolate candy coating candy melts, or chips
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler according to package instructions. If there are not melting instructions, in a double boiler (or on pot set atop another with about an inch of water), bring the water to a simmer in the bottom, and gently melt the chocolate. Or microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave at 15-30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, quickly stir in the espresso powder, then pour onto the prepared sheet and spread into a thin layer with a small offset spatula.
- Warm the caramel slightly until pourable and drizzle over the layer of chocolate. Swirl the caramel through the chocolate with the tip of a butter knife. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way in a double boiler or the microwave and transfer to a sandwich bag. Cut off the corner and drizzle over the bark.
- Let harden completely, putting into the refrigerator if necessary. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.