The Best Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes for Back to School
Quick and easy dinner recipes are what we all need any time of the year, from the busy holiday season to the summer when you want to just be outside having fun, and especially at back-to-school time. The school bus is late, one kid has football practice, the other has baseball, dance class is later on, let’s not forget about scouts and piano, and then there’s that PTA meeting. That’s when you need easy dinner ideas!
Over 25 of The Best Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas
I can’t believe we are already four weeks into the school year here in Maryland. Schedules and activities and meetings have been ramping up, and just when I started to feel like we were getting into a groove, I had to have surgery. Making dinner in a flash has been a totally necessity, and especially as I am recovering, simple is always the best. So I’ve been relying on quick and easy dinner recipes.
What do you make when you are looking for quick and easy dinner recipes?
- One pot meals or one skillet meals – there’s nothing better than a meal that comes together easily and you only have one pot or pan to wash, like my Chicken Corn Chowder.
- Sheet pan meals or foil pack meals – toss everything on a pan or wrap it up in foil, then pop it in the oven and you have a no-fuss meal with tons of flavor and, once again, easy cleanup.
- Casseroles – casserole recipes sometimes take a little longer to cook in the over, but prep time is usually fast, and you can be taking care of other things while it bakes.
- Slow-cooker meals – sure these take awhile to cook, but your hands-on time is usually minimal, like my Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken and all of these Back to School Crock Pot Recipes.
- Breakfast for dinner – eggs, pancakes, oh heck, even sometime sa bowl of cereal is always a family favorite and simple to make.
- Instant Pot meals – those pressure cookers can do amazing things, especially when you forgot to defrost meat. And my Butternut Squash Soup with Sage and Thyme cooks in no time.
And that’s just a few of the possibilities!
Want to share more quick and easy dinner ideas?
Join us in the No-Fuss Food for No-Fuss Families group on Facebook. Everyday we share recipes, ideas, sometimes even a little about ourselves to get to know each other, and, most importantly, chat about what we are having for dinner every night, and yes, sometimes that means telling everyone when we are having cereal or ordering pizza, because we are totally keeping it real.
But in the meantime, you still need some new ideas because you are bored of the same old dinners week after week.
Here are some of my favorite quick and easy dinner recipes…
But even I need some new ideas. Luckily I have some amazing food blogger friends who also know what it’s like to be crazy busy, which is why we rounded up our favorite quick and easy dinner recipes.
The Best Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes for Back to School – you’ll love these dinner ideas!
Skillet Enchilada Bake from A Dash of Sanity
This recipe turns your favorite Mexican food into a 30 minute meal.
Beef Stroganoff Ravioli Skillet from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
The classic comfort food gets a new twist using beef ravioli.
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta from 365 Days of Baking and More
A simple dish with pasta, chicken, sundried tomatoes, and a creamy mozzarella sauce.
Pepperoni Bubble Up Pizza from Let’s Dish
Everyone loves pizza Friday, but this casserole lets you have pizza any night of the week.
One-Pot Southwest Macaroni from White Lights on Wednesday
An easy dinner idea combining favorites of pasta and sloppy joes in one dish.
Pizza Muffins from Bread Booze Bacon
Roll your pizza into a handheld food kids love.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Southwest comfort food cooked in your slow cooker is an easy dinner recipe for a busy day.
One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta from My Suburban Kitchen
One pot pasta is one of the best easy dinner ideas and this one tastes like your favorite dip.
And if you need more quick and easy dinner ideas, here are 20 of The Best Chicken Recipes for Busy Weeknights.