Lobster Cobb Salad
For a light and fresh warm weather dinner, pick up a bottle of Marzetti® Vineyard Dressing while you are grabbing veggies in the produce section of your grocery store and toss together this Lobster Cobb Salad.
Lobster Cobb Salad
Did you ever go to a restaurant, one that maybe you weren’t even super excited about visiting, but it just happened to be there and convenient? Maybe you were in the mall during the holiday season and everyone was getting tired and cranky and hungry, and there was no wait, so you just went? So you go, you look at the menu, your order something, you start to mindlessly stab at it with your fork, and then all of a sudden it’s like choirs of angels are singing and a light shines down upon you, and you no longer hear the noise or see the chaos around you. You just begin to taste this magical amalgamation of flavors and textures. Let’s not forget that it’s stunning to behold, too. And for just a minute, there is peace and calm, and all is good with the world.
Then you reach the bottom of your bowl and that moment of a blissful zen-like existence is over and it’s back to the real world. This is all hypothetical, of course.
OK, it’s not. It happened. And you guys, I’ve been daydreaming about that meal for months. We have not made it back to the restaurant, and, despite eating it in December, it’s just one of those recipes that felt summer-ish to me, so I waited. And waited. And then I had the opportunity to try Marzetti® Vineyard Dressing. These dressings, available in six flavors from Mixed Berry Merlot to Asiago Peppercorn Chardonnay, are blended with flavor and ingredient pairings inspired by the vine. With the flavor notes found inside each bottle, you are sure to be inspired to create the perfect salad.
After sampling the beautifully balanced flavors of the Marzetti® Garlic & Herb Chardonnay Vineyard Dressing, I knew it was time. Time to recreate the salad…
This Lobster Cobb Salad is sophisticated, yet simple. A little lobster tail makes it taste and feel luxurious, but a little goes a long way when paired with fresh greens and veggies, smoky bacon, rich avocado, tangy blue cheese, and a quick and easy deviled egg. The salad itself has a ton of flavor, and the Garlic & Herb Chardonnay has just the right balance of subtle sweetness, and light flavors of oregano, rosemary, basil, and thyme that it highlights all of the salad components, bringing them all together into one amazing taste experience. And let’s not forget the textures too, with crunch and pop and creamy goodness. And now I can experience that foodie bliss any time.
So make sure you check out where to find Marzetti® Vineyard Dressing near you with the Vineyard Dressing product locator. It’ll be in the produce section, with the refrigerated dressings. With six varieties inspired by the vine, and with only 60-80 calories per serving, I’m sure you’ll be able to create your perfect pairing. I’m thinking I’ll be grilling up some steaks this summer, slicing them over some arugula, and drizzling with the Balsamic Cabernet. Or maybe a salmon salad topped with Citrus Pinot Noir. In fact, I also want to make this Lobster Cobb Salad again, but try it with the Dijon Champagne. The possibilities are endless!
Now go and create your own beautiful salad creation!
Which Marzetti® Vineyard Dressing do you want to try first? What ingredients will be in your pairing?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
- 4 eggs hard boiled and halved
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt or mayo
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 lobster tails
- Marzetti® Garlic & Herb Chardonnay Vineyard Dressing
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup halved or quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn drained canned corn, or fresh from cut from the cob
- about half of an avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the yolks from the hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, and mustard. Stir until creamy, breaking up yolks with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and spoon the yolk mixture into the halved egg whites. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise and brush each half with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or 1/2 teaspoon Marzetti® Garlic & Herb Chardonnay Vineyard Dressing. Bake cut side up for about 6-8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, avocado, blue cheese, and bacon between four bowls.
- Remove the lobster from the shells, cut each half of a lobster tail into chunks and top each salad with the meat from half of a lobster tail.
- Top each salad with two hard boiled egg halves and drizzle with Marzetti® Garlic & Herb Chardonnay Vineyard Dressing.