This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Sunny days are here and no occasion will be complete without some of the best Gluten Free Desserts for Spring. Enjoy some sweet treats for Easter, Passover, Mother’s Day, or any other warm, sunny day. This collection of recipes features bright flavors, fruity ingredients, and vibrant colors to celebrate the season.
Favorite Gluten Free Spring Desserts
When the weather begins to warm up, it’s time for some springtime treats. You can still make cakes or cookies or pies. But it’s the in-season fruits and bright, fresh flavors that make them an extra sweet way to complete a spring celebration. It doesn’t matter whether it’s Easter, Mother’s Day, a baby or bridal shower, or any special occasion.
And the reason I love spring dessert recipes so much? It’s all those seasonal ingredients that make me crave a strawberry cake, lemon loaf, or coconut cookie!
What Makes These Recipes Perfect for the Season?
Let’s talk about those ingredients that are the hallmark of this time of the year.
- Berries: As berries come into season, I can’t resist strawberry desserts and even the blueberries and raspberries that start to pop up. That natural juicy sweetness makes even indulgent desserts feel light and ethereal.
- Lemon: There’s something about the zing of lemon that adds a little brightness to the palate. Sunny days and sunny flavors go hand in hand.
- Carrots: It might just be the best time of the year to add veggies to baked goods by enjoying carrot cake. It has a natural sweetness that goes perfectly in desserts.
- Coconut and other tropical fruits: The flavor of coconut and pineapple makes you think of warm days. Enjoy them separately, like in a coconut pie or pineapple upside-down cake. Or pair them together for a pina colada-inspired recipe.
- Chocolate: An all-time favorite, it’s always in season, especially in the form of Easter candy that you can enjoy straight from the Easter basket or add to other treats.
Whether you are baking or want to make some no-bake desserts, I think you can agree that it’s these tastes of spring that make your gluten free desserts so irresistible this time of the year! And if you need inspiration for what to add to your holiday dessert table or party menu, I think you’ll find some classic recipes, new ideas, indulgent treats, and even healthier options right here!
The Best Gluten Free Desserts for Spring
Whether you are planning your gluten free Easter desserts, a Mother’s Day menu, a bridal or baby shower, or just want to treat friends, family, or yourself to something sweet, I’m sure you’ll find a recipe or three you’ll love in this collection of spring desserts. Find all of your favorite springtime flavors in these tasty treats. From totally indulgent to healthier options, there is every possibility to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Cakes and Cupcakes
It’s the perfect time of the year to bake up some lovely layers, make a classic pound cake, or enjoy cupcakes decorated for the season!
Strawberries and Cream Gluten Free Cake
Gluten Free Coconut Cake
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake for Two
Gluten Free Hummingbird Cake
Milky Way Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll
Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
Gluten Free Potato Pound Cake with Berries
Gluten Free Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes for Two
Gluten Free Coconut Cupcakes
More Gluten Free Spring Cakes and Cupcakes
- Almond Flour Cake from Well-Plated – A light, fluffy, and gluten-free dessert made with almond flour, eggs, and sugar. Simple and perfect for any holiday or party.
- Flourless Carrot Cake from Diethood – Moist and delicious with a delicate and creamy mascarpone frosting.
- Lemon Cupcakes from Snixy Kitchen – These light and fluffy gluten-free lemon cupcakes topped with lemon cream cheese frosting burst with lemon flavor. This easy recipe has a moist crumb and will be the highlight of your day.
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from All Day I Dream About Food – Not only are these perfect little cupcakes gluten free, but they are low carb too, with the perfect sweet and tangy flavor.
- Carrot Cake from My Gluten-Free Kitchen – The best part about this version of an all-time favorite is that it couldn’t be easier to make or serve, as it’s made as a sheet cake. No layers to mess with here.
Pies, Pastries, and Crumbles
Seasonal fruit makes these classic desserts taste extra delicious. Get your butter, gluten free flour, and some berries or even a bit of indulgent chocolate to make a flaky treat!
Gluten Free Strawberry Crumble
Gluten Free Blueberry Pie
Southern Chocolate Chess Pie
Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
More Gluten Free Spring Pies and Tarts
- Paleo Mini Lemon Tarts from Texanerin – With an easy press-in crust and sweetened with honey, you can make an easy treat and feel good about indulging.
- Low Carb Strawberry Tart from Wholesome Yum – Only five ingredients in this stunning springtime tart. Made with fresh strawberries and an almond flour crust.
- Coconut Cream Pie from Mama Known Gluten Free – Sweet and creamy with an easy coconut macaroon crust, vanilla, and coconut custard filling, and topped with fresh whipped cream.
Puddings and Parfaits
As the weather warms up, you might want to turn the oven down, or off altogether. Many puddings and parfaits are no-bake desserts that will keep the kitchen cool!
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
Blueberry Maple Mini Cheesecake Parfaits
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits
Orange Creamsicle Jello Mold
Pineapple Coconut Fool Dessert
No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits
More Spring Parfaits and Puddings
- Lemon Panna Cotta from The View From Great Island – This light and lovely recipe is the perfect spring dessert. It’s no-bake, super simple, and easy to adjust for dairy free and vegan.
- Coconut Chocolate Panna Cotta from The Heritage Cook – Panna cotta means cooked cream in Italian and it is pure heaven, especially when it is made with coconut cream, coconut milk, and heavy cream. So creamy and smooth, it perfectly complements the chocolate-rum sauce.
- Meyer Lemon Rice Pudding from Taste, Love, and Nourish – So creamy, the way you’d expect rice pudding to be, but the flavor is so bright, fresh, and really wonderful.
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pudding from A Classic Twist – A simple, decadent, and indulgent dessert that is creamy, delicious, and begging for you to try it. It’s silky and rich, and when topped with coconut whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, and chocolate shavings, it’s perfect for your Easter table.
- Cherry Fluff from Mom on Timeout – This easy dump-and-go salad is perfectly sweet, pretty, and pink. It’s a dreamy addition to any springtime occasion.
Easter Candy and Fudge
If you are filling baskets, you need to help the Easter bunny find some gluten free chocolate treats. Making them yourself is so easy and ensures that you can enjoy them safely!
Peanut Butter Eggs
Double Chocolate Snickers Fudge
Funfetti White Chocolate Strawberries
Peanut Butter and Jelly White Chocolate Bark
More Gluten Free Easter Candy
- Carrot Cake Truffles from Food Faith Fitness – Soft on the inside with a crunchy, sweet candy coating, it’s got all that carrot-cakey goodness that is essential at Easter time, all packed into a delicious little treat.
- Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Bunnies from Inside Bru Crew Life – These easy treats will disappear in a hurry when you make them for Easter. Kids of all ages can’t resist a fun holiday treat on a colored stick.
- Easter Cathedral Candy from Mom on Timeout – This recipe requires only three ingredients and is so pretty. Kids love to help make it.
- Carrot Cake Fudge from Simple Joy – You will love the secret ingredient that makes this easy fudge recipe taste like carrot cake. Only five ingredients.
Cookies and Bars
Whether it’s a holiday or another celebration, a gluten free dessert you can pick up with your hands is always a good idea. Cookies are just for Christmas, especially if you decorate them with bright colors or add spring flavors.
Easy Gluten Free Lemon Bars
Gluten Free Chocolate Waffle Cookies
Monster Cookie Bars
Flourless Almond Joy Cookies
Gluten Free No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars
Flourless Coconut Almond Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
More Spring Cookies and Bars
- Lemon Sugar Cookies from Fork and Beans – These delightfully sweet cookies are the perfect spring treat for kids of all ages. With a hint of citrus and packed with a soft crunch, they are a must-make.
- Strawberry Cookies from Life Made Sweeter – Soft and chewy, these make the perfect healthy treat. They’re easy to make in just one bowl and packed with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut freeze-dried strawberries, and coconut oil.
- Lemon French Macarons from Sweet and Savory – Add some zing to this classic dessert. Easy-to-follow step-by-step directions will guide you to these pretty lemon macarons with zesty lemon buttercream.
- Lemon Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies from Kristine’s Kitchen – You’ll love these crisp and buttery slice-and-bake cookies. As easy to make as they are to eat.
- Strawberry Brownie Bars from Pint Sized Baker – You’ll love all the luscious layers, and nobody will guess it’s gluten free. Plus it starts with a gluten free brownie mix and strawberry pie filling to make it extra simple.
- Tropical Magic Cookie Bars from Boulder Locavore – Classic Magic Cookie Bars turn into a tropical dessert with flavors of macadamia nuts, pineapple, and coconut. Easy to make, chewy, and irresistibly good.
- No-Bake Coconut Chocolate Bars from Beaming Baker – A decadent and easy dessert recipe for thick, indulgent coconut bars enrobed in a velvety layer of rich chocolate ganache. Made with simple, whole ingredients.
Need to balance out all of these treats? Try some Spring Vegetable Recipes!
[…] this is one of the best gluten-free no bake recipes in my recipe box. It’s also one of the gluten free spring recipes I love to make for Easter! With no box mixes here, there’s nothing more fun, pretty, or totally […]
[…] As you may or may not know, most of my recipes happen to be gluten free. However, in this collection, not all of them are as they come from other blogs. I have noted which ones here are gluten free with “(GF)”, but you can also find a bunch of gluten free spring desserts. […]
What a great group of recipes!! Thank you so much for including my Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins!
Holy moly this group of desserts is to die for! I envision them all lined up on a buffet, and me with spoon in hand. Thanks for including my Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet! Pinning…
That would be an epic buffet!
what a delicious list. oh how good it feels to know spring is here!
I know, it feels amazing!
Thanks so much for including me in this delicious roundup!
I want ALL of these beautiful desserts! Thanks so much for including me! Pinned!
There are some stunners here!
[…] Spring have a flavor? I don’t know, but today over on Cupcakes & Kale Chips I’ve gathered over thirty recipes that could very well taste like Spring to you. Maybe your […]
I love how light and fresh springtime desserts are! Great round-up – going through the list there are are least 10 things I want to try, starting with that Chocolate Covered Cherry Green Smoothie. Thank you so much for including me!