Cheesecake parfaits with the orange and vanilla flavors of a Creamsicle, all in a no-bake, gluten-free single serving dessert! These Creamsicle cheesecake parfaits are one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes in my recipe box.
Don’t you love little desserts, especially ones that don’t require you to heat up you oven? And that have bright spring colors and flavors, and a creamy cheesecake layer? And with an easy gluten free option? Your upcoming holidays and parties need these No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits.
Last week, I chatted a little about how I do really enjoy this whole work-from-home thing, and being way from office nonsense. Never mind that I have a pretty awesome commute. One thing I do miss is the travel. I didn’t travel a lot, so the amount of travel I did was fun and exciting, since it was usually in Europe. Oh, how I love Europe!
The first time I set foot on non-U.S. soil (other than the one time I spent about 6 hours in Montreal) was when I got off a plain a Heathrow Airport to spend two months in England. Those were literally the best two months of my life because not only did I get to see the major tourist attractions of London, as well ad Canterbury and Cambridge, but being there so long, I really got to peruse markets, see local music and comedy shows, have a pint or two in some cozy little pubs, and really experience local life. Before heading home, I even got to spend a weekend in Paris and a week in Italy. Heaven!
The travel I did after that was not as leisurely, and I didn’t have as much free time. But I got to see a few sites here and there, and when visiting our suppliers, they definitely wanted to wine and dine us. This means I sampled everything from a massive pork shank at a biergarten in Germany, Belgian chocolate, artisanal gelato, fresh pizza and pasta, the best tiramisu in the world, and meat roasted basically in a fireplace, plus so much more in Italy, a molecular gastronomy meal from the head chef at a chemical company (yeah, go figure), a multi-course meal in a castle, a high end meal on a Swiss mountainside, massive prawns and fabulous pastries in Portugal. I could go on and on. And the best part – it wasn’t on my dime! Well, a little of it was, but most of it wasn’t.
I really need to go back! But for now, the closest I’ll get is when we go to EPCOT Center this summer, during out family vacation to Disney World. Well, hopefully when our boys are older…
Well, you know who is over in Europe right now enjoying all the amazing sights and sounds and smells and, of course, savoring the amazing cuisine? My friend Tara, from Noshing with the Nolands. Yeah, I’m kind of jealous. But in my head, I’ll just pretend that she is actually jealous of me because all she gets is photos and a recipe. I actually get to eat these…
No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits are a fabulous change from my usual tendency to make desserts more on the chocolaty or peanut buttery or caramely side.
In fact, when it comes to fruit, I usually tend to opt for berries as opposed to citrus. But after my macaron failures meant I had several containers of sad looking semi-macarons that were really only worthy of processing into crumbs, plus a couple jars of Vanilla Bean Grapefruit Curd laying around, I had to do something.
And that something is this fabulous collection of mini desserts. The best thing about creamsicle cheesecake parfaits, besides the sweet and luscious curd with the pop of citrus being a bright and fresh balance to the rich and tangy cheesecake layer, is that they are so versatile. While I loved them with the Grapefruit Curd, which, surprisingly does not have the tartness you might expect, you can make or buy any type of citrus curd. And wait, you mean you don’t have messed up macarons around? Then use graham cracker crumbs or almond or hazelnut meal for the “crust”. You could even just use that whipped cream out of a can, though there is nothing like the fresh stuff!
Easy, versatile and soooo delicious – mini creamsicle cheesecake parfaits are a perfect springtime sweet!
Get Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered to your Inbox! Every Friday you’ll see all of the Yummy Eats & Tasty Sweets from the week. Sign up HERE.
No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits
Simple miniature desserts perfect for any spring holiday or party with a creamy cheesecake layer and the burst of citrus.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. cream cheese (regular or light), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- About 12-16 (3/4-1 cup) Tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, almond or hazelnut meal, or crushed macarons
- About 1-1 1/2 cups of homemade or store-bought lemon, lime, or other citrus curd, such as this Vanilla Bean Grapefruit Curd
- Place a glass or metal bowl in the freezer to chill. Have 12-16 shot glasses, tiny bowls, or other mini dessert glass ready to fill.
- In a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and ¼ cup heavy cream, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream, 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract to the chilled bowl and whip with a whisk or hand mixer to form soft peaks. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of the crumbs or meal in the bottom of each serving glass.
- Place the cheesecake mixture in a pastry bag or large heavy duty plastic storage bag and cut off the tip or corner, or carefully use a spoon, and divide evenly between the serving glasses.
- Top each one with 1-1½ Tablespoons of the curd (you can again use a pastry bag or heavy duty plastic bag).
- Place the whipped cream in a pastry bag or large heavy duty plastic storage bag and cut off the tip or corner, or carefully use a spoon, and top each of the serving glasses.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy this No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits recipe!
Here are some more parfaits for you…
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
- Lime Cheesecake Parfaits
- Brownie Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
Plus some from my friends…
- Banana Cream Pudding Parfaits from Love Grows Wild
- Samoas Brownie Parfait with Salted Caramel Sauce from Country Cleaver
- No-Bake Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake Shots from Cravings of a Lunatic