This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These 45+ Dinner Salad Recipes are more than just a pile of lettuce. With veggies, protein, and tons of toppings, you can have totally satisfying salads for dinner. Whether you want it topped with chicken, beef, or seafood, or prefer a plant-based option, you’ll find a delicious meal in this collection.
Are salads healthy for dinner?
Salads can be a very healthy dinner option. It’s a great way to pack in multiple servings of a rainbow of vegetables at one meal, including plenty of leafy greens. This gives you fiber and a wide variety of nutrients. You can choose toppings that provide even more vitamins and minerals, and even some superfoods. And from chicken to beef, seafood to beans, and more, you have plenty of options to add protein.
However, especially when you order a salad at a restaurant, it’s easy to end up with gigantic portions of calorie-dense or even unhealthy toppings. Not to mention that they are often doused in heavy dressings.
That’s the benefit of making dinner salads at home. You control both the quantity and quality of the ingredients, and you can easily adjust the amount of each of the toppings to fit into your lifestyle or nutrition goals. It’s also easy to swap out or leave off a topping if you need gluten free, low carb, or meatless options. And homemade salad dressings can be made light and healthy too.
Satisfying Salads for Dinner
Even healthy dinner salad recipes can be a delicious meal that satisfies anyone, whether you are looking for something light, or need to refuel after a busy day or intense workout.
If you want a hearty salad with meat like chicken or turkey, beef or pork, prefer seafood, or even want a vegetarian meal, there are dinner salads for everyone in this sollection!
GF – gluten free recipe
GFO – recipe with gluten free option
Chicken Salad Recipes
Mixed Berry Grilled Chicken Salad GF
Juicy marinated chicken, fresh berries, goat cheese, crunchy pecans, and an easy homemade vinaigrette salad dressing, it’s a healthy packed with flavor.
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad GF
An update on the classic Cobb salad with the traditional chicken, bacon, avocado, and egg, but it adds the bright flavors of strawberries and oranges, plus poppyseed dressing
Healthy Chicken Caesar Salad GFO (omit or use gluten free croutons)
One of everyone’s favorite dinner salads with romaine lettuce tossed in a creamy light Caesar dressing made with Greek yogurt and plenty of grilled chicken.
BBQ Chicken Sausage Grilled Summer Salad GF
There’s not much better than firing up the grill and inviting friends over for a party, especially when you can combine fresh ingredients with amazing grilled toppings and let everyone customize a satisfying dinner salad.
Peach, Tomato, Chicken and Blue Cheese Salad GF
A satisfying and fresh chicken salad featuring the best late summer produce.
More Salads with Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken Salad | Foodness Gracious GF
- Chinese Chicken Salad | Recipe Tin Eats GFO (use gluten free soy sauce or tamari and omit crunchy noodles)
- Chopped Chicken Salad | Averie Cooks GFO (omit croutons)
- Citrus Chicken Salad | Running to the Kitchen GF
- Healthy Southwestern BBQ Chicken Salad | Healthy Beat GF
Beef and Steak Salad Recipes
Grilled Steak Salad with Asparagus GF
So fresh and satisfying with tender slices of steak atop a bed of crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes, finished off with the perfect charred flavor of lightly grilled corn and asparagus.
Keto Taco Salad Bowl GF
Filled with fresh greens, colorful veggies, hearty taco-flavored meat, cheese, and sour cream, you’ll love this fast family dinner, and each person can use their favorite toppings
Grilled Steak Mango Salad GF
Grilled steak with sweet slices of mango, juicy tomatoes, and rich and creamy Avocado Ranch Dressing is a hearty diner salad recipe that makes a satisfying meal for even the biggest appetites.
Steakhouse Salad With Grilled Portobello and Brie GF
Covered with any leftover grilled steak, sautéed mushrooms, slightly melty cheese, toasted pecans, and a Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette, this is definitely a salad for dinner that truly makes a meal.
More Salads with Beef
- Balsamic Honey Grilled Steak Salad & Vinaigrette | Mom on Timeout GFO (use gluten free soy sauce or tamari)
- Big Mac Cheeseburger Salad | Wholesome Yum GF
- Grilled Steak with Arugula Salad | Life Tastes Good GF
- Steak & Blue Cheese Salad | Love Bakes Good Cakes GF
- Sweet Kale & Grilled Sirloin Salad | Delightful E Made GF
- Watercress Steak Salad | Lady Behind the Curtain
Pork and Turkey Salad Recipes
Vietnamese Salad with Pork Meatballs GF
Traditional Banh Mi ingredients (minus the actual Banh Mi, or bread, itself) including pork meatballs and quick pickled veggies are piled on a bed of lettuce to make a flavor-packed, light, and gluten free way to enjoy the flavors of the classic street food.
Turkey Cobb Salad GF
The classic Cobb Salad is updated with fresh, local, seasonal ingredients like corn, cheddar cheese, and Creamy Maple Dijon Dressing.
Italian Wedge Salad GF
Top Romaine hearts with crispy prosciutto, mozzarella, parmesan, and a light and easy Creamy Balsamic Dressing for a tasty twist on the classic with favorite flavors from Italy.
Mediterranean Turkey Salad GF
Make it on a plate or pack it in a Mason jar, this salad has a simple vinaigrette with feta cheese, pine nuts, deli turkey, roasted red peppers, olives, cucumbers, and Romaine lettuce for everything you could want in a satisfying dinner salad.
Harvest Turkey Salad GF
Not all dinner salads are for the summer, like this one with autumn favorites including roast turkey, apples, sweet potatoes, and Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
More Salads with Meat
- Italian Chopped Salad | Cooking on the Front Burner GFO (omit or use gluten free pasta)
- Grilled Asian Pork Tenderloin Salad | A Farmgirl’s Dabbles GFO (use gluten free soy sauce or tamari)
- Bacon, Spinach & Feta Salad | With a Blast GFO (omit or use gluten free croutons)
- Healthy Breakfast Salad | Fed and Fit GF
Seafood and Shrimp Salad Recipes
Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad GF
Fresh, flavorful, and filling with a bit of a Mexican twist from the addition of grilled corn, Cotija cheese, and a spicy Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing.
Lobster Cobb Salad GF
It’s the perfect summer dinner recipe with its combination of seafood, vegetables, and let’s not forget the cheese, avocado, and, of course, bacon.
Fruity Summer Shrimp Salad GF
You’ll love the succulent shrimp paired with fresh fruit, tangy goat cheese, and a zingy Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette.
More Seafood Salads
- Grapefruit & Spinach Salad with Glazed Mahi Mahi | Delightful E Made GF
- Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad | Life Tastes Good GF
- Paleo Tuna Salad | Tastes of Lizzy T’s GF
- Greek Salmon Salad | The Mediterranean Dish GF
Vegetarian Dinner Salads
Poached Pear Salad GF
This light and lovely salad with blue cheese, glazed walnuts, blue cheese, and a creamy sherry dressing is easy, fresh, and delicious, and you can enjoy it as-is or add your favorite protein.
Strawberry Mango Avocado Salad with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts GF
Topped with goat cheese, pine nuts, and a creamy citrus dressing, it is a delightfully fresh mix of sweet and tangy with healthy and satisfying.
More Meatless Dinner Salad Recipes
- Avocado Edamame Salad | Call Me PMc GF
- Black Bean Mexican Salad | She Wears Many Hats GF
- Green Salad with Chickpeas and Feta | Kalyn’s Kitchen GF
- Mango Berry Fruit Salad | Life Tastes Good GF
- Quinoa Berry Salad | Mom Makes Dinner GF
- Rainbow Salad Bowl with Cilantro Lime Hummus | The Organic Dietitian GF
- Roasted Beet, Quinoa & Arugula Salad | Cooking on the Front Burner GF
- Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad | A Cedar Spoon GF
- Strawberry, Spinach & Asparagus Salad | Spoonful of Flavor GF
Fantastic round up. Thanks for including mine. For some strange reason, I cannot pin. It says there is no pinnable image. I’ll try again later.
That’s funny, I can pin it, but thanks for letting me know!