This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Bursting with fresh cherry tomatoes, juicy cucumber slices, tangy feta cheese and more, this Easy Greek Salad is the side dish of your dreams! It’s mixed with a zesty garlic lemon dressing that will have everyone reaching for seconds.
Quick and Easy Greek Salad Recipe
Greek salad is such a classic, and everyone has their own idea of the perfect one. I don’t feel a bit over-confident when I say that this is the best Greek salad recipe ever! It has the perfect balance of the Greek salad flavors you know and love – from the refreshing combination of ripe veggies to the classic aïoli-style dressing.
This healthy dish is commonly served as an appetizer or side, but larger servings make a great meal on their own! There’s nothing like a fresh, juicy and flavorful salad on a hot day. This one is so good, it even qualifies as comfort food!
What You’ll Need
Always go for the freshest ingredients and the ripest fruits and veggies when making a salad. You will immediately taste the difference!
For the Salad
- Cherry Tomatoes: Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Cucumber: You’ll need 3/4ths of one cucumber. Peel it, then cut it into pieces.
- Green Bell Peppers: Cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Small Red Onions: The onions should be cut into rings.
- Feta Cheese: One 8-ounce block, cut into cubes.
- Kalamata Olives: These can be left whole.
For the Dressing
- Olive Oil: 4 tablespoons.
- Garlic: One clove, minced.
- Dried Oregano: You’ll need 1 teaspoon.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed, not bottled!
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
How to Make a Greek Salad
This dish comes together in the blink of an eye! It seriously couldn’t be simpler.
- Make Dressing: Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble: Place all the cut vegetables in a large bowl, then pour the dressing over it and gently mix together.
- Add Cheese: Place the feta cubes on top. Don’t mix too much, otherwise the salad will get mushy.
Tips for Success
Even though this salad is perfect as it is, you can change it up according to your preferences! Here are some ideas:
- Use Different Bell Peppers or Olives: Although green bell peppers are traditionally used in Greek salads, this recipe also tastes great with red peppers or any other color you like! The same goes for the kalamata olives – use whichever kind of olives you prefer or have on hand.
- Marinate the Feta: Want your feta cheese to have a stronger flavor? Try marinating the prepared cubes for at least 4 hours in olive oil and garlic.
- Heat it Up: If you have a passion for spicy food, you can easily incorporate some of those flavors into this dish by adding hot peppers. They fit very well in the mix of yumminess!
- Add Greens: Greek salads aren’t usually made with lettuce or kale, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add some! In fact, many variations of Greek salad call for one of these ingredients. Just keep in mind that it won’t last as long with leafy greens included.
- Share the Love: The ingredients in this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to yield more servings!
Can I Make This Salad Ahead?
I encourage you to eat this salad freshly made – that’s when it really tastes best! But if meal prepping is a must for you, you can easily make it work for this recipe. Simply cut the veggies a day ahead of time and assemble the dish when you’re ready to dig in.
How to Store Extras
Leftover Greek salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Avoid leaving it out for too long before storing it since it’s made with fresh veggies.
Make it a Meal
You can enjoy this salad as a starter, side, main course, or prepare a feast by adding more dishes! I love to serve the following recipes alongside my Greek salads. You will too!
- Choose your protein and make Chicken Souvlaki or Beef Souvlaki.
- Then serve it with Gluten Free Pita or just some white rice.
- This Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken is made with a crave-worthy Greek yogurt marinade and goes wonderfully with Greek salad!
- Complete a keto-friendly meal that nobody will realize is low carb with Spinach Feta Pinwheels.
- Cook up some Air Fryer Falafel.
- Don’t forget the Tzatziki Sauce.
Easy Greek Salad
For the Salad
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into rings
- 8 oz block of feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all cut vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and gently mix together.
- Place the feta in cubes on top, don ́t mix too much so the salad won’t get mushy.
More Salads to Try
If you like this recipe, then you’ll definitely love these summer salads too!