This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with over 50 Healthy Gluten Free Desserts. These recipes are exactly what you need when you want something indulgent, but also on the lighter side. Not only are these tasty treats without wheat, but many of them are refined sugar free too!
Healthy Dessert Alternatives
Everyone has a sweet tooth, right? I know some people crave savory comfort food and casseroles when they want to indulge. However, I am totally a dessert person, and I’m pretty sure we all have our moments when we want to enjoy something sweet.
But we may not always want something as decadent as cheesecake or as rich as chocolate cake. This is why having some go-to healthy gluten free dessert recipes is a good idea so you easily can fit treats into your healthy lifestyle.
It is possible to have your cake and eat it too!
What makes these gluten free dessert recipes healthy?
There are lots of ways to make desserts healthier. In some cases, it might mean lowering the fat or calories to minimize the impact on your waistline. Some of them are even flourless, taking out the refined flours that are often in gluten free desserts, especially the storebought ones.
In other healthier desserts, it’s all about adding more. Yes, some of these recipes have more protein, vitamins, fiber, and even superfoods. This means there is actually a nutritional benefit you can get from having dessert.
Then there are even a number of recipes in this list that are lower in sugar and even refined sugar free gluten free desserts. Some are sweetened only with fruit, or with natural sweeteners like raw honey, pure maple syrup, or unrefined coconut sugar. There are even some keto-friendly options that use non-nutritive sugar replacements.
The Best Healthy Gluten Free Desserts
Healthy Cookies and Bars
Cookies make great desserts or snacks that you can grab at any time. That’s why it’s nice to have options packed with wholesome ingredients.
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cookies
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
Flourless Coconut Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Coconut Protein Brownies
- Healthy No Bake Cookies | Two Peas and Their Pod
- Protein Peanut Butter Cookies | Fit Foodie Finds
- Homemade Chocolate Teddy Grahams | Fork and Beans
- Soft Hazelnut Mocha Cookies | Healthy Sweet Eats
- Dark Chocolate Rosemary Raisin Biscotti | Running to the Kitchen
- Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars | Tasty Yummies
- Dark Chocolate Chickpea Brownies | The Roasted Root
- Fudgy Paleo Skillet Brownie | Running to the Kitchen
Light Frozen Treats
Everyone loves to indulge in a frosty treat. While grabbing a pint of ice cream from the grocery store can be pretty rich, there are still ways to enjoy something cool but lighter.
Strawberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
Mango Strawberry Lime Popsicles
Swirled Banana Nutella Popsicles
Earl Grey Frozen Yogurt
- Grape Lime Strawberry Paletas | Hola Jalapeno
- Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas | The View From Great Island
- Dreamy Dark Chocolate Oat Cream | Spabettie
- Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches | Fork and Beans
- Strawberry Banana Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Pint-Sized Baker
Healthy Puddings and Parfaits
If you love your sweets to be creamy and dreamy, then puddings and parfaits are the way to go. And there are ways to make them healthy desserts.
Healthy Chocolate Pudding
Blueberry Peach Chia Pudding Parfaits
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Mini Blueberry Maple Cheesecake Parfaits
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
Clementine Panna Cotta
Pineapple Coconut Fool
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse | The Heritage Cook
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding | Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chocolate Espresso Mousse | The Lemon Bowl
- Vegan Rice Pudding | Fit Foodie Finds
Lightened-Up Cakes and Pies
Some of the most classic desserts are a nice slice of cake and pie. So you’ll love knowing that you can feel good about digging your fork right in.
Gluten Free Banana Snack Cake
Gluten Free Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Gluten Free Pumpkin Snack Cake
- Double Dark Chocolate Raspberry Vegan Cheesecake | So Let’s Hang Out
- German Chocolate Bundt Cake | Tasty Yummies
- Paleo Pumpkin Maple Cake | A Healthy Life For Me
- Healthy Pecan Pie | Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Skinny Peaches and Cream Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Call Me PMC
Healthy Dips and Bites
Finger foods are the best, whether you are picking something up to dunk in a dip or pop into your mouth. And they make great options for healthy desserts, especially if you serve them with more fruit for dipping!
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
Sweet Peanut Butter Hummus
Healthy Peanut Butter Buckeyes
Creamy Cheesecake Yogurt Fruit Dip
Sweet Pumpkin Hummus
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups | Food Faith Fitness
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles | The Roasted Root
- Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Chocolate Truffles Stuffed with Peanut Butter | Food Faith Fitness
Wholesome Fruit Desserts
While fruit on its own is naturally sweet and nutritious on its own, once you add buttery crusts and crumbles or add it to batters and doughs, it might not be the healthiest option. That is until you try these healthy dessert recipes featuring nature’s bounty.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Apple Nachos
Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
Healthy Apple Candy Bar Salad
Sunrise Tropical Fruit Salad
Watermelon Berry Fruit Salad
- Apple Galette | Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Chocolate Dipped Clementines | The Lemon Bowl
What a beautiful collection – scrolling through, there are at least 5 things I want to make! Thanks for including me!
Thanks for the great recipe, Faith!
Not really for those on a serious medical diet but this collection is okay for the Paleo crowd who LOVES chocolate a lot
Thanks so much for sharing my recipe. Off to check out the others. Sharing!
SERIOUSLY so many gorgeous ideas to chosse from
I know, aren’t they awesome!
What an awesome round-up! I love that it is refined sugar free as well!
Such a great added bonus!
[…] on over to Cupcakes & Kale Chips to see the fifty (50!!) plus yummilicious desserts I gathered for you. Have your cake and eat all […]
So, can I eat ALL of these? Thanks for including my peanut butter protein truffles and pb cups! Pinned!
Let’s have a party and make and share them all! And you know I’m a sucker for anything with peanut butter!