Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies for #CookieWeek
Buttery, nutty, crumbly cookies with bits of toffee, double-rolled in powdered sugar. Get your coffee pot or tea kettle fired up and sit down with one or six of these Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies.
Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies
Welcome to #cookieweek my little cookie monsters! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
In case you didn’t see on my Facebook page, Sunday was my mom’s 60th birthday! How amazing is that?! She is pretty amazing, too! I told you all about that last year, when I shared her favorite cookie, the classic Snowball, which she likes with walnuts. My favorite Christmas Cookie are Almond Crescents. So I thought I would combine the two, then add some chopped toffee pieces, because, you know, Halloween candy hoarding. And it does give that little bit of chocolate without having to dip the cookies, as with the Almond Crescents.
Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies are he perfect combo of my mama and I – super awesome, but kind of a pain in the butt 😉 As much as I love Almond Crescents, the chocolate dipping part becomes a little annoying, mainly because the recipe makes so many cookies, and I am slightly obsessive compulsive when it comes to chocolate dipping. I love making the Snowballs for her, but the timing has to be right for the cookies to not be too hot to crumble, but warm enough for the powdered sugar to melt slightly and stick. But all three of these cookies are so yummy that they are worth it. Plus, you know, it’s mom. And Christmas. And cookies.
These Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies spread a little more than the original Snowball, which I should have expected because the Almond Crescents spread a bit, plus the chocolate coating on the chopped up toffee bars may have contributed to this as well. If you use the toffee bits from a bag, perhaps they won’t spread as much. But I would recommend baking these on parchment paper, which unfortunately I did not do, and let them cool for right around five minutes on the sheet. This will help them to “set” a but, but they will still be warm enough for the sugar to stick.
Don’t forget to enter the #CookieWeek Giveaway! You can get all the details on the prizes HERE! Then go ahead and enter below…
This giveaway is open to US residents and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And check out all of today’s #CookieWeek recipes at the bottom of this post!
What would you get if you combined your favorite cookie with that of one of your loved ones?
Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies for #CookieWeek
Buttery, nutty, crumbly cookies with bits of toffee, double-rolled in powdered sugar. Get your coffee cup ready!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the ½ c sugar, and butter using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Gradually add the flour and then the ground almonds, and mix until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the chopped toffee.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm.
- Form into balls using about 1 level tablespoon of dough and place on ungreased cookie sheets, preferably lined with parchment.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until barely set, but not browned.
- Cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar, and place on a rack to cool.
- Once cooled completely, roll in powdered sugar again.
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Give it a 5 STAR rating and share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #CKCrecipes!
You know what else would be lovely with a cup of coffee or tea?
- White Chocolate Salted Caramel Gooey Bars
- Red, White & Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Pastries
Also make sure you check out all of today’s amazing #CookieWeek recipes!
- Coconut Macaroons by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Love and Confections
- Loaded Oatmeal Coconut Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Thumbprints by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies by Beyond Frosting
- Stuffed Chocolate Chip Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Bars with Vanilla Bean Buttercream by i heart eating
- Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips