BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries can be everything from a barbecue-inspired family-friendly dinner to game day grub your friends will love. Baked sweet potato fries are topped with pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and melted cheese, plus a nice scoop of cole slaw to turn your favorite BBQ meal into a fun and delicious dish like nothing you’ve ever had before.
Disclaimer: This recipe was developed through a sponsored partnership with Curly’s and Parade Community Table. As always, all opinions are my own.
My husband has dreams of being a pit master. The man can grill a steak with the best of them, and he has helped his friends at a pig roast or two in the past, but smoking meat is an art he is still trying to master. I mean, maybe part of the issue is that he is using a $35 smoker and he has to babysit the thing constantly in order to keep it anywhere near the temperature he wants. That means anytime he wants to smoke a pork butt or brisket, he literally cannot do anything else all day. And somehow, even after spending the entire day tending to his meat, he is never satisfied with the result – too dry, not enough smoke ring, took twice as long to cook as expected, too smoky.
So his master plan towards smoking success is to spend an exorbitantly large amount of money on a smoker that has all kinds of feedback mechanisms to maintain the perfect smoking temperature. This is obviously the best decision for the man who is rarely home for a full day in order to pull off the whole “low and slow” thing, but he insists he is going to pull the trigger and make the investment so that he can hone his skills. I mean, when I make Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork, I can let it cook all day and I don’t even have to be in the house.
Well until the day he masters the smoker, I’ll leave it to the experts to make perfectly smoked, super tender pulled pork to the experts so I can transform it into something else amazing like this…
BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries might just be my new favorite way to eat barbecue!
And possibly my entire family’s too, because I don’t think there was a morsel of meat or a lick of sauce left in that skillet when we were done with it.
About this BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries recipe…
- In the recipe I’ll tell you how to make super easy baked sweet potato fries, but you can also use an air fryer. Or if you want an even simpler option, you can always use a bag of frozen sweet potato fries that you’ve prepared according to the package instructions.
- Pile all of those fries in a skillet or on a sheet pan, load them up with pulled pork , drizzle on your favorite barbecue sauce, and top it with plenty of cheese.
- A few minutes in the oven or under the broiler to get turn that cheese into melty perfection and you will be in barbecue heaven.
- But first you need a scoop of cole slaw on top, like my Maple Dijon Apple Cole Slaw, to get the full barbecue experience with some cool crunch to balance out all of that rich and meaty, gooey and cheese pile of deliciousness.
- And it wouldn’t hurt to serve them with a side of Semi-Homemade Baked Beans and maybe even a Skinny Grapefruit Margarita.
And whether you make the fries yourself or take a little help from the grocery store, you know that you’ll have perfect pulled pork topping those taters without all the work when you use Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Pork…
Perfectly seasoned and hickory smoked, all you have to do is heat up any one of Curly’s Sauceless Meats and add it to your favorite recipes or pile it on top of a roll for an amazing sandwich. You don’t even have to head out to your favorite barbecue joint when you can make your own plate of pulled pork with all your favorite sides like macaroni and cheese and Gluten Free Apple Butter Corn Bread. And since everyone has their own favorite barbecue sauce, whether it’s sweet, spicy, or tangy, this is perfect because you get to make that choice when you pick up a package of Sauceless Meats.
I mean, don’t you just want to dig in to that…
If you love this BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries recipe, you should also try these…
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- Buffalo Chicken Poutine on Potato Waffles
- Slow Cooker Peruvian Pulled Pork Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Plus you are going to LOVE Shepherd’s Pie Loaded French Fries. See how to make them here…
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”ik3Z7Gsl” upload-date=”2018-03-06T20:06:11.000Z” name=”Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Fries” description=”Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Fries is a fun twist on the classic comfort food dish.”]
You could also use Curly’s Pulled Pork on these Pulled Pork Tater Tot Nachos from Barefeet in the Kitchen. Try it on top of Pulled Pork Pizza from Sweet Basil. Or have barbecue for brunch with Pulled Pork Huevos Rancheros from Foodie with Family.
A few things to help make BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries…
[amazon_link asins=’B00004RDFH,B077THGPKB,B0049C2S32,B00X4WQMAS,B004VREE6Y’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cupkalchi-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d95fd128-9a4b-11e8-be45-cfac53b3dfc0′]
- If you don’t want to hand cut your fries, you can try this cool gadget.
- Cook those sweet potato fries in an air fryer or bake them on a baking sheet.
- While you can layer everything on a baking sheet, I like piling it all up in a cast iron skillet.
- These handheld paddle graters are great for shredding the cheese right over the top. I use mine all the time.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries were originally published on Parade’s Community Table.
But you can get the full recipe for this amazing dinner recipe right here. You get everything you love about a barbecue dinner in one decadent dish. Crispy, delicious, sweet fries, rich, savory, and succulent barbecue pulled pork, your favorite sauce, and gooey cheese all perfectly balanced by some cool and crisp slaw. These also make amazing party food and are perfect for game day snacking.
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
For the Baked Sweet Potato Fries (see Note)
For the Loaded Fries
- 12 oz package Curly’s Sauceless Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cole slaw
For the Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Toss the cut sweet potatoes in the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and lay on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the fries, and bake for about another 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
For the Loaded Fries:
- While the fries are baking, prepare the Curly's Sauceless Pulled Pork according to the package directions.
- Pile the baked fries onto a baking sheet or into a skillet that has been lightly coated with oil, top with the pulled pork, barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack. Bake at 450°F for another 5-7 minutes or broil 2-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with cole slaw before serving.