Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak
Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak is an easy way to take your summertime grilled dinner to the next level with a five-ingredient balsamic vinegar marinade recipe. Then grill it for a sweet and smoky crust and a tender, melt-in-your-mouth texture. It is sure to be on your list of favorite grilling recipes.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I’m a lazy steak girl. I see all these recipes for rubs and marinades and sauces and compound butters, and do you know what I usually do? I sprinkle salt and pepper on my steaks before grilling and call it a day. If I am feeling really ambitious I will break out a steak seasoning. I mean, shouldn’t the flavor of the steak just speak for itself? That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
And then to make it even worse, I call for the hubby and tell him it’s time to grill the steaks.
Yep, you got that right. I don’t even grill the steaks.
To be fair, I’m usually inside whipping up some side dishes like Whipped Cauliflower Gratin with Goat Cheese and Thyme or Maple Dijon Apple Cole Slaw. Well, except when I also hand the hubby a bowl of veggies and maybe a sliced pineapple and tell him to grill those too.
I’m the worst. But at least I open the bottle of wine.
So you guys, if I made a marinade, was patient enough to actually let the steak marinade, and I even grilled it myself, you know this Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak is super easy. And it’s also super delicious.
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with a Honey Balsamic Marinade Recipe
Mix together five basic ingredients plus salt and pepper then let your flat iron steak marinate for as little as thirty minutes, or up to several hours prior to grilling. You can even marinate it overnight. Then just give it a short time on the grill. You don’t need anything else for the best steak you’ll make this summer.
What is a flat iron steak?
- A flat iron steak is also known as a Shoulder Top Blade Steak, Top Blade Filet, or Top Blade Steak.
- The flat iron steak is a richly flavored steak and well-marbled to keep it nice and juicy.
- It is an economical choice, as it is usually cheaper than the same grade of rib eye or strip steak.
- The flat iron steak is perfect for sauteeing or grilling.
- Check out these flat iron steak recipes from the Certified Angus Beef® brand website.
What is in the balsamic marinade?
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How do you grill a flat iron steak?
- Mix together the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but preferably several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill, and cook for several minutes per side to a perfect medium-rare or your desired doneness.
- Remove from the grill and rest for a few minutes.
- Slice it against the grain.
You now have a Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak grilled to perfection. All that’s left to do is to devour it!
Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak recipe tips…
- Mixing up the marinade right in a zip-top plastic bag saves extra dishes to clean. Plus, if you press out the air, you ensure the marinade contacts every surface of the steak for the entire time.
- Just a half-hour in the fridge is enough, but you can certainly let it marinade longer to really infuse the flavor.
- A meat thermometer will ensure you hit the right temperature for medium-rare perfection.
- Don’t forget to let the steak rest for five minutes or so. This will allow the juices to redistribute and keep your steak moist.
- Thinly slice the flat iron steak against the grain for tender, melt-in-your-mouth bites.
- This marinade is also delicious for a flank steak or even some steak bites.
Why Certified Angus Beef® brand?
Certified Angus Beef® brand is truly a cut above even Choice and Prime steaks because it must meet ten demanding quality standards. These standards ensure flavorful, tender, and juicy cuts of meat. That makes it the choice of 15,0000 of the most elite restaurants and retailers around the world.
Need more steak recipes?
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon is an easy way to make a simple steak extra-special.
- Worcestershire Sauce Cast Iron Cube Steaks only need a couple of ingredients for a fast and flavorful dinner.
- Chili Lime Steak Bites are a fiesta for your mouth.
- Cast Iron Flank Steak from Life Tastes Good is perfect when you want steak but it’s not grilling weather.
Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak Recipe
A few basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry come together to make a delicious and juicy flat iron steak. Just a half-hour in the fridge and a few minutes on the grill will give you a delicious steak dinner the family will love. The balsamic vinegar tenderizes and flavors the meat. Then the honey caramelizes on the grill for that sweet and slightly charred flavor. Finally, the Dijon mustard adds just a bit of zing. This honey balsamic marinade recipe is sure to be your go-to for grilling season.
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
Honey Balsamic Marinated Flat Iron Steak
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Add the flat iron steak to the bag and seal or place the steak in a shallow glass baking dish and pour the marinade over the steak and turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove steaks and discard the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Season beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill 3-5 minutes per side to 135°F for medium rare or to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks and let rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain.