40+ Easy Grilling Recipes for Summer
Easy grilling recipes bring the best flavors to your dinner table. In the summer, there’s nothing better than food cooked over an open flame.
Most of the time we think about grilled steak or chicken or burgers, but you can also grill fruit and veggies. And most of the time, grilled food is gluten free! When you are tired of the same old burgers and hot dogs, you’ll love making some of the best grilling ideas for summer in this tasty collection.
One of the best things about summer is cooking dinner on the grill. Of course, one reason I think it’s the best is it means I do less of the actual cooking. When the grill is involved, The Hubby does not like me to intrude on his territory.
So I stick to the side dishes and salad and he is in charge of the flames. I do feel the need to occasionally butt in though. While he makes a mean steak and has perfected grilling zucchini, I do like to get a little more creative sometimes.
If you are also getting tired of your go-to grilling recipes, I’ve got an amazing collection of ideas for you to try, from chicken and steak to burgers and kabobs, even everything from fruits and veggies to pizza and dessert.
What is good for grilling?
- Chicken – oftentimes the go-to is grilled chicken breasts. Thighs and legs also have a lot of flavor and are even juicier.
- Beef – you can’t go wrong with a good steak like NY strip, ribeye, or filet mignon. But don’t forget about cutting up your meat for kabobs.
- Pork – you might think about ribs first, but pork tenderloin and pork chops are also great on the grill.
- Hamburgers and Hot Dogs – ah, the classic burgers and dogs. But you can make more than beef burgers. There are plenty of recipes for chicken, turkey, seafood, and veggie burgers.
What can I grill besides meat?
You can also grill vegetables as a side dish, or to pile on sandwiches and salads. Pizza can actually be made on the grill. Grilled fruit makes a great dessert, and there are also plenty of other grilled dessert recipes as well.
Is grilled food gluten free?
The meats, fruits, and veggies you cook on the grill are gluten free. You’ll have to watch if you buy pre-made marinades or seasoning mixes, as those may contain gluten. Be sure to read the ingredients. And if you are making a marinade that uses soy sauce or beer, you’ll need to replace it with tamari or hard cider.
Of course, if you want a bun for your hamburgers and hot dogs, you’ll need gluten free ones.
Traditional pizza and dessert recipes may not be gluten free. You can look for specific recipes, or try substituting the flour with Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 All Purpose Gluten Free Blend. I find that it works well in many recipes.
Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Sweet Maple Barbecue Chicken from A Dash of Sanity
- Cilantro Lime Chicken from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Grilled Cola Chicken from Let’s Dish Recipes
- Homemade Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken from The Recipe Rebel
- Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kabobs from Wishes and Dishes
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Spicy Za’atar Grilled Chicken from Cooking and Beer
- Best Chicken Marinade from Mom on Timeout
Pork and Steak on the Grill
- Steak Kabobs from Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Grilled Pork Chop from Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Salsa Rioja from Culinary Ginger
- Baby Back Ribs from Kleinworth & Co
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Avocado-Peach Salsa from Bread Booze Bacon
Grilled Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
- Avocado Turkey Burgers from The Love Nerds
- Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger from Love Baked Good Cakes
- BLT Ranch Burgers from Wine and Glue
- Spicy Black Bean Hawaiian BBQ Burgers from Domestic Superhero
- Spiral Grilled Hot Dogs from Belly Full
- Chicken Parmesan Burger from My Suburban Kitchen
Simple Grilled Vegetables and Fruit
- Grilled Peaches and Cream from Self-Proclaimed Foodie
- Grilled Pineapple from Lemons for Lulu
- Smoky Margarita from Fake Ginger
- Grilled Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Margherita Pizza from 365 Days of Baking and More