This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
The best gluten free pumpkin recipes might make you think of sweet desserts with warm spices like cinnamon, allspice, and clove. But you can also enjoy pumpkin for breakfast, healthy snacks, and yes, even in savory dinner recipes. That’s why this collection will give you the most delicious gluten free pumpkin desserts like cakes, pies, and cookies, but also much more!
Table of Contents
- 40+ of the Best Gluten-Free Recipes Made with Pumpkin
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll
- Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies
- No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Tart
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Parfaits
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- Coconut Macaroon Pumpkin Pie
- Coconut Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Maple Cake with Chocolate Coconut Buttercream Frosting
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Flourless Oatmeal Nutella Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel
- Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Best Ever Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Quinoa Porridge
- Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Biscuits
- Gluten Free Snacks Made with Pumpkin
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Snack Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Hummus
- Pumpkin Black Bean Hummus
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Healthy 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
- Apple Pumpkin Fruit Roll-Ups
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Dinner Recipes
- Fettuccine Pumpkin Cauliflower Alfredo
- Baked Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce and Chicken Sausage
- Vegan Pumpkin Curry
- Pumpkin Soup
- Baked Pumpkin Parmesan Chicken
- Pumpkin Chili
Originally published on Sep 14, 2017
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Desserts, Snacks, Breakfast, and Dinner Recipes
This may sound silly, but the truth is, there are pumpkin recipe imposters out there. Pumpkin imposter recipes pretend to have pumpkin in them, but in reality, there isn’t any pumpkin in them at all!
You see, there are real pumpkin recipes and pumpkin spice recipes. You may be wondering…
What’s the difference between gluten-free pumpkin recipes and gluten-free pumpkin spice recipes?
The answer is REAL PUMPKIN. As in, real pumpkin recipes use actual pumpkin puree. While some people like to make pumpkin puree on their own starting from pie pumpkins, in most recipes, using canned is just fine.
However, particularly in sweet recipes, the earthy flavors and natural sweetness of the pumpkin is enhanced by the addition of warm fall spices.
This blend of spices is called “pumpkin spice” or “pumpkin pie spice”. Recipes that don’t contain actual pumpkin, but instead utilize these spices for that characteristic flavor are pumpkin spice recipes, not pumpkin recipes. My gluten free pumpkin dishes all contain actual pumpkin, maybe with one tiny exception.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
Pumpkin spice typically consists of some combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and clove. It may only contain three or four of these spices, or it can contain all five. You can make it yourself, or buy it at the store. There are many brands available.
Is pumpkin pie spice gluten free?
In most cases, individual spices are gluten free, as they usually do not have anything added to them. So making your own pumpkin spice blend will ensure it is gluten free.
In some cases, spice blends have additives to ensure even mixing and flowability, and occasionally these additives are not gluten free. Pumpkin pie spice is usually safe, but you should always check the brand you are looking to purchase. As of the time of this writing, McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice and Simply Organic Pumpkin Spice are gluten free.
Is canned pumpkin gluten free?
Do be sure to watch out for canned pumpkin pie filling or mix. This may contain gluten, and it is also usually sweetened and seasoned, so not suitable for recipes that call for pure pumpkin, as it will affect the flavor and consistency.
So let’s get on with the show…
Gluten Free Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Sweet treats filled with real pumpkin flavor and enhanced with the warmth of pumpkin spice are what you crave in the fall!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
Start your day the pumpkin-y way with breakfast dishes from healthy to a bit more decadent.
Gluten Free Snacks Made with Pumpkin
Perfect for lunchboxes, road trips, or any time hunger pangs strike.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Dinner Recipes
Pumpkin isn't just for sweet recipes. It's a great way to add extra veggies to your dinners.
Hope you agree that these really are the BEST gluten-free pumpkin recipes ever!