I love baking Christmas cookies, and it’s a fun activity that I would like to share with my kids. But the key to making it a fun family event is to make sure you are prepared. Here are 24 of The Best Christmas Cookies to Make with Kids PLUS All of the Gadgets and Goodies You Need to Make Them.
24 of The Best Christmas Cookies to Make with Kids PLUS All of the Gadgets and Goodies You Need to Make Them
So yes, I said that I would like to share my love of Christmas cookie baking with my kids, but I’ll be honest, it does tend to stress me out a bit. I like to do things a certain way and have them turn out just so, and when you have five and two year old boys, you basically need to throw all of those expectations out the window. And you need to be prepared. My husband always says that you always need the right tool for the right job, and the same holds true in the kitchen. Having the right tools, gadgets and ingredients all ready for you means that the process will go smoother so that you can turn out dozens of delicious cookies, regardless of how short the attention spans are of the mini sous chefs.
For making the dough, a good hand mixer or stand mixer is key. You don’t want those cookies you worked so hard to make to stick to the pan, so a silicone baking sheet is always a huge help. And cooling racks do double duty for letting those cookies cool quickly without taking up a lot of space on your counter, and being a great place to get to work with icing sprinkles.
Check out all of my other Gotta-Have Gadgets & Goodies for Christmas Cookie Baking with Kids in this eBay guide.
Once you’ve got all the equipment you need, it’s all about picking the right recipes. You can go one of two ways – pick Christmas cookies that are simple and delicious so that there is an immediate payoff, or choose a cookie recipe that is fun and interactive so that the kids can get their hands in there to make messes with rolling and cutting and frosting and sprinkling and drizzling. I think I have some pretty tasty ideas for you right here.
A Dozen Quick and Easy Cookies:
- Peanut Butter Cup Blossom Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
- Whipped Shortbread from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
- Iced Molasses Cookie from i heart eating
- Gingersnap Crinkle Cookies from Baked by Rachel
- Molasses Cookies from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Flourless Oatmeal Lace Cookies from Best of Long Island and Central Florida
- Nana’s Butter Cookies from Desserts Required
- Classic Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkles from It’s Yummi
- Chocolate Orange Spritz Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food
- Pecan Brownie Bites from Farm Fresh Feasts
A Dozen Fun and Messy Cookies:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Spritz Cookies from A Family Feast
- Hot Chocolate Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies from Green N Chocolate
- Royal Iced Sugar Cookies from Spoonful of Flavor
- Reindeer Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
- Chai Tea Cut Out Cookies
- Gingerbread Man Cookies from Made From Pinterest
- Hot Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from A Latte Food
- Molten Lava Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Reindeer Sugar Cookies from Persnickety Plates
- Copycat Thin Mint Cookies from JelliBean Journals
And if you want some more, check out this book in my eBay guide filled with lots of classic cookie recipes…
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.