This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Peppermint Cheesecake Dip with chocolate chips is sure to add some sweet and festive fun to your holidays. It’s an easy recipe to whip up with only five ingredients. And sweet dessert dips make your favorite Christmas cookies, graham crackers, pretzels, or fruit extra delicious.
Love candy canes? Try Mocha Peppermint Bark or Mini No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecakes!
Easy Peppermint Dip for Christmas
When it comes to the holidays, there are a few flavors that have to be pary of your celebration. Maybe it’s Eggnog Cream Pies. Or the gingerbread flavor of gingersnaps.
Then, of course, there is the candy cane. Peppermint treats about this time of year, with candy canes working their way into cookies and cakes and even peppermint donuts.
But to take it to another level, why not take all of your favorite holiday treats and dunk them into a dip made with candy canes. Combine that with the irresistible flavor of cheesecake and, of course, a little chocolate, and Santa won’t be the only one digging in!
How to make Peppermint Cheesecake Dip with Chocolate Chips
The beauty of this sweet cheesecake dip is that you only need five ingredients. And once you cream cheese is softened, it takes about five minutes to make.
What you’ll need
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chopped candy canes or peppermint candies
You simply have to beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy. Then fold in the chocolate chips and candy canes. You can even save a few to sprinkle on top after you transfer it to a serving bowl.
Is cheesecake dip gluten free?
Some cheesecake recipes contain flour and are certainly made on a graham cracker or other cookie crust. So you definitely have to find a gluten free cheesecake recipe.
But without a crust, cheesecake dip is gluten free. You just have to pay attention to a few ingredients and read the labels for ingredients with gluten.
Powdered sugar is made from grinding granulated sugar down to a powder. In order to prevent caking, some brands add starch to their powdered sugar. While this is most often cornstarch or tapioca starch and does not contain gluten, you will want to confirm.
While most candy canes on the market are not certified gluten free, most are gluten free, and some are even made in facilities that do not handle any gluten ingredients.
What to serve with Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
Traditional things to dunk in a cheesecake dip include:
- Graham crackers – regular or gluten free, to get that traditional combination of
- Fruit – apple and pear slices would work and taste the best
- Pretzels – regular or gluten free and perfect if you like that sweet and salty combo.
But as charcuterie boards became all the rage, along came the the rise of dessert boards. And this candy cane dip is perfect to add to a platter of Christmas cookies, like these:
- Sugar Cookie Bars or Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Bars
- Snowball Cookies or Gluten Free Snowball Cookies
- Toffee White Chocolate Chip Monster Cookies
More dessert dips
- Muddy Buddies Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Fruit-Topped Cheesecake Dip
- Creamy Gingerbread Dip from The Kitchen is My Playground
Peppermint Cheesecake Dip with Chocolate Chips
For the cheese ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature (regular or low fat)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons crushed candy canes or peppermint candies, plus more for topping
- Cookies, graham crackers, apple or pear slices, pretzels, etc. for dipping
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Once they are well combined, mix in the chocolate chips and the crushed peppermint.
- Place in your serving bowl and top with additional crushed peppermint.
- Serve with cookies, graham crackers, apples or pears.