Sesame Glazed Cauliflower Wings
Sesame glazed cauliflower wings are a healthy snack or gluten free appetizers, perfect for game day!
Football season is kicking off, and what better way to celebrate than with a #SundaySupper Tailgate. And I’ve got wings. Well, “wings”. Yup, Sesame Glazed Cauliflower Wings.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, meaning that if you click and make a purchase, the cost to you is the same, but I will receive a few pennies. I use the money to help maintain this website and to bring you new recipes!
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!
We are already well over a week in to football season at my house. You see, we are college football fans, and my alma mater, Rutgers, had one of the first games of the NCAA season last Thursday. The Bug is broken in already, and he isn’t phased when The Hubby starts ranting and raving during Penn State games. And he is always ranting and raving. Even when they are winning, they aren’t winning enough, or they are not winning the right way. It could be hysterical… if it weren’t so annoying. Baby Smiles is still getting used to this, but man, it is rough being the baby in our house during college football season.
The Hubby is hard core – seriously missed his calling as a coach or a scout. I mean, we have to plan our lives around Penn State games, and when he does miss a game, he DVRs it. You know, because that is gonna change the outcome. But he has to analyze the plays. I try to tell him that all that matters is that they score more points than the other team.
He disagrees. “It’s all about setting up for the next game. We gotta focus on our strengths.” You have no idea.
The other thing The Hubby is hard core about is meat. Seriously an uber-carnivore – I made a baked ziti-ish dish with all kinds of cheese and stuff, and he needed me to make him turkey sausage with it, because he had to have meat. And he loved these sesame glazed cauliflower wings. Which disappointed me, since I wanted to devour the entire plate.
And you know you have that vegetarian or vegan or gluten-free friend or relative, right? Well, I’m just helping you out. And they will have to fight off the meat-eaters, who will love them too, if The Hubby and I are any indication.
We loved maple glazed cauliflower wings as a veggie side dish, served with Maple Sesame Glazed Salmon.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Do you know any crazy football fans? Are you a yeller and a screamer?
A couple of things you may need to make the sesame glazed cauliflower wings recipe:
Products from Amazon.com
- One large head cauliflower
- 1/2 c flour I used brown rice flour, but I have seen similar recipes where regular all purpose flour was used
- 4 ounces 1/2 c milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Optional additional sesame seeds and/or scallions for garnish if desired
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, and spray a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook and softer they will get.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly less done than you want them.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sauce over the cauliflower (see Note).
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently flip and toss the cauliflower in the sauce on the sheet.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower on a serving plate or bowl, and if desired, sprinkle with some additional scallion and/or sesame seeds.
- If desired, pour any remaining sauce off of the baking sheet into a bowl for dipping.
This does make quite a bit of sauce. I like to pour it all over and let it cook down a bit in the oven, but you can pour over less, and save some for dipping.
Not into the sesame glazed cauliflower wings? If you need meat for your tailgate, I’ve got you covered.
In addition to the sesame glazed cauliflower wings, these Sunday Supper recipes can round out your tailgate menu!
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Corn Dip by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Pizza Dip by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- VJ Catch-erole by My Other City By The Bay
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- 1,2,3,4,5 Chinese Spareribs by The Urban Mrs
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slawby The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches by Foxes Love Lemons
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pulled Lamb Barbecue Sandwiches by The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tortilla Hot Dogs by La Cocina de Leslie
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):