Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche
Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche gives new meaning to breakfast for dinner, or even dinner for breakfast. Made with ground beef, bacon, and cheese, it is satisfying and delicious when you add your favorite burger toppings. As breakfast, brunch, or my favorite, brinner, everyone will want a slice (or three) of this gluten-free and low carb egg recipe.
When The Hubby and I first started dating, he was on the Atkins Diet. So yeah, man food, that was pretty much it. Beef, bacon, eggs, cheese. Heck, even low carb beer. He stuck with it for a while, and this sugar- and bread-loving gal was supportive.
Sure, our first date was for ice cream (which later inspired this Salted Ripple Chip No-Churn Ice Cream). But he was trying to “woo” me and he knew of my addiction. Can’t blame a guy for breaking his diet once night all in the name of love. Lucky for him, it worked.
Then I wanted to go to Panera and dunk a big hunk of bread in my black bean soup on pretty much a weekly basis. And, you know, it was summer. Ice cream was pretty much a necessity. And wine. There was definitely wine.
Too bad I didn’t discover my wheat allergy until a few years ago. He might have stuck with it a bit longer. Well, except for the ice cream part. And the wine. #badinfluence
Maybe I just needed to learn how to make more low carb recipe earlier. Like quiche. Quiche? Yes, quiche. Manly, low carb quiche…
How do you make Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche?
- Your basic egg mixture is whisked together, with just eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard, which is my secret ingredient in any quiche recipe or especially recipes with cheddar cheese where I just want to give that sharp cheese flavor or those eggs some pop.
- Cook several slices of bacon in a skillet, then set them aside while you saute onion in the remaining bacon grease. Add ground beef and cook through before stirring in some Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.
- Spread the meat mixture in a glass pie plate, sprinkle with shredded cheese, then pour the egg mixture evenly over everything.
- Bake and serve with your favorite toppings, like lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado, or even more ketchup, like one of these 4 Variations of Homemade Ketchup.
This quiche was originally part of The Bug’s birthday request for eggs and Waldorf Fruit Salad, but since then I’ve made it a bunch of times and it is always a winner!
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
If you like this Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche recipe, you’ll love these…
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quinoa Skillet
- Cauliflower Hash Browns Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Seven-Layer Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers
Turn your burger into cozy comfort food with Bacon Cheeseburger Soup from Shugary Sweets. Get a little messy with Slow-Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes from The Cookie Rookie. Or keep it low carb with Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Sugar Free Mom.
Crustless Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche Recipe
There’s no pesky crust business to get in the way of all the meaty goodness in this Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche. Of course you have eggs and gooey cheese, but when you sink your teeth into meaty bits of beefy burger and ketchup (made especially tasty when you use my bold, thick Homemade Ketchup to make this hamburger quiche recipe) and crumbled bacon, it’s has so much more flavor and texture than any quiche you’ve ever experienced before.
Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 teaspoon oil or reserved bacon grease
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional ketchup, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, or other burger toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with oil or coking spray.
- Heat the oil or bacon grease in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for several minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until fully browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to the meat mixture to the prepared pie plate, and top with the bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard, and pour over the meat and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until egg is cooked through and top is browned.