Welcome to the #SundaySupper Man Food feast! With bits of burger, pockets of cheese, and of course, the most manly food ever – bacon – don’t call this a girly recipe. As breakfast, brunch, or my favorite, brinner, all of your favorite guys will want a slice (or three) of Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche.
Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche
When The Hubby and I first started dating, he was on the Atkins Diet. So yeah, man food, that was pretty much it. Beef, bacon, eggs, cheese. Heck, even low carb beer. He stuck with it for awhile, and this sugar- and bread-loving gal was supportive. Sure, our first date was for ice cream, but he was trying to “woo” me and he knew of my addiction. Can’t blame a guy for breaking his diet once night all in the name of love. Lucky for him, it worked.
But after that, when we cooked together, it was often steak and salad or chicken and veggie kabobs on the grill. Except for the time he wanted to make me lasagna. Then I wanted to go to Panera and dunk a big hunk of bread in my black bean soup on pretty much a weekly basis. And, you know, it was summer. Ice cream was pretty much a necessity. And wine. There was definitely wine.
Too bad I didn’t discover my wheat allergy until a few years ago. He might have stuck with it a bit longer. Well, except for the ice cream part. And the wine. #badinfluence
Now I know what you are thinking – quiche? Man food? OK, maybe not so much when it is asparagus and gruyere in a delicate puff pastry crust, or some dainty little spinach quiche appetizers. That is girly. This, my friends, is man quiche…
We are talking BACON. CHEESEBURGER. With none of that pesky crust business to get in the way of all the meaty goodness. Yes, my friends, Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche. Gluten-free, low carb, but seriously, forget about all that stuff. This is good. Really good. Of course you have eggs and gooey cheese, but when you sink your teeth into meaty bits of beefy burger and ketchup (made especially tasty when you use my bold, thick Homemade Ketchup) and crumbled bacon, it’s just do so much more flavor and texture than any quiche you’ve ever experienced before.
This quiche was part of The Bug’s birthday request for eggs, fruit salad and ice cream, and it was certainly a treat for all of my guys. King Stuff, my baby carnivore who doesn’t love eggs was shoving in fistfuls. The Bug, who loves eggs but could pass up meat anyday ate his fair share. The Hubby, well, I don’t know if it was the potential of weight loss or the justification to eat food like this all the time when he was on the Atkins Diet, but he couldn’t get enough. I’ve made it a few times, and he has declared it a winner each time.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And check out today’s manly menu of over 60 amazing recipes for all of the men in your life!
What is the favorite manly man meal for the men in your life?
Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche for #SundaySupper
With bits of burger, pockets of cheese, and of course, bacon, everyone will be asking for a second or third slice.
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 teaspoon oil or reserved bacon grease
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup (I used my Homemade Ketchup)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional ketchup, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, or other burger toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with oil or coking spray.
- Heat the oil or bacon grease in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for several minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until fully browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to the meat mixture to the prepared pie plate, and top with the bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard, and pour over the meat and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until egg is cooked through and top is browned.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these…
And here is the full Manly #SundaySupper Menu:
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog