This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Buttermilk Avocado Ranch Dressing is an easy gluten-free salad dressing recipe that tastes delicious on salads, grilled meats, or even as a dip. It’s the healthy way to enjoy your favorite dressing since it’s made without mayo, eggs, or oil.
Originally published on April 23, 2012. Updated with new photos on May 16 2017.
My sister was one of those kids where you wanted to say, “Have a little salad with your plate of Ranch dressing,” or “How about some carrots to dip in your bowl of Ranch dressing?”
In fact, isn’t there an entire ad campaign about getting kids to eat their veggies by smothering it in Ranch dressing?
So I thought it was time to tackle this all-time favorite, and see if homemade Ranch dressing would change my mind. And guess what? This one did!
Probably because it’s made without the mayonnaise and oil, using avocado instead to give it a mush fresher and unique flavor!
Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressig Recipe
I saw a recipe from Ann at Sumptuous Spoonfuls and it sounded so yummy! I love avocados and I was planning on grilling some steaks to make a steak salad. I knew Avocado ranch would be the perfect match.
This salad dressing is so creamy and flavorful with all of the herbs and seasonings. And it’s made without mayo, but a little extra avocado makes it super creamy. Plus the buttermilk adds a delightful tangy flavor!
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details.
But don’t skip my PRO TIPS below!
What You’ll Need
- Buttermilk – it’s easy to make substitutes for buttermilk with common ingredients.
- Honey – just a tiny bit, so it is still low carb, but you can omit it if you want a truly keto dressing.
- Parsley – fresh or dried.
- Dill – fresh or dried.
- Rosemary – I recommend fresh as dried doesn’t break down well.
- Dried minced onion or onion powder
- Chives – you can use a few scallions or green onions instead.
- Salt and pepper
Just toss everything into a food processor or blender and blend till smooth and creamy!
I am a Blendtec ambassador, and should you make any purchases through my Blendtec Store link, I will receive a small commission, but that also means you can use the code CUPCAKESANDKALECHIPS to receive 20% off.
Make it a meal
- Pour on Grilled Steak Mango Salad with Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
- Serve with Carrot Zucchini Muffins
More healthy Ranch dressing recipes
- Healthy Ranch Dip or Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Barbecue Ranch Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Buffalo Ranch Dressing
More healthy salad dressing recipes
- Healthy Caesar Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Creamy Citrus Dressing
- Strawberry Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Avocado Lime Salad Dressing from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Avocado Tahini Dressing from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Light Avocado Green Goddess Dressing Recipe from Cookin’ Canuck
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.