This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Strawberry lime poppy seed salad dressing is a delicious, homemade gluten-free salad dressing that is also paleo and can be made vegan. Made with fresh strawberries, this strawberry lime poppyseed vinaigrette is an easy salad dressing recipe made in a blender! With its fruity, tangy flavor, you’ll be drizzling is over your healthy salads all summer long.
Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette
I had lots of ear infections as a kid. Strangely, I almost looked forward to getting an ear infection, because I LOVED the “pink medicine”, a.k.a. amoxicillin. I know, I was a strange kid, but I wanted to suck that stuff up with a straw. So somehow it doesn’t bother me that this salad dressing kind of looks like that.
And after a trip to the strawberry patch for some strawberry picking with my kiddo, we had lots of strawberries. He can eat quite a few, but we picked A LOT, so I have been using them in everything, like a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie, and this strawberry poppyseed dressing recipe.
And I don’t know about you, but I love adding a fruity element to my salads, especially in the summertime, which is why I’ve started adding fruit to my salad dressings. Some berries, some olive oil, some sort of vinegar, and a sweet element like honey or maple syrup all whizzed up in a blender makes a smooth dressing when you emulsify it in a blender.
It is actually kind of pretty, right?!
Strawberry Lime Poppy Seed Salad Dressing Recipe Tips:
- Blending this dressing not only breaks down the strawberries into a puree, but it also emulsifies the oil and vinegar to keep it from separating. This gives you a vinaigrette that is actually smooth and somewhat creamy even without any dairy ingredients like yogurt.
- Speaking of that, this dressing is naturally gluten free and paleo, plus you can always swap the honey for agave nectar or maple syrup to make it vegan.
- While I love my Blendtec for smoothies, to just make a small amount of dressing, a little Magic Bullet works perfectly.
- The poppy seeds aren’t absolutely, totally necessary, but they so add a bit of texture and give it a beautiful look.
- Here is my favorite citrus juicer, and this strawberry huller is super cool too.
- You can store this strawberry lime poppyseed vinaigrette in a jar in the refrigerator for several days. While it won’t completely separate, you might want to give it a quick stir or shake before serving to make sure it is homogeneous.
- This strawberry lime poppy seed salad dressing is delicious with this Fruity Grilled Shrimp Salad or this Strawberry Spinach Salad.
If you like this blender salad dressing, you can also try these…
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing has more fresh berry flavor with the tang of balsamic vinegar.
- Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is rich and creamy, and adds a little something special to the usual Ranch dressing.
- Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is thick and sweet and adds amazing flavor to a steak salad.
- Lemon Blueberry Chia Seed Vinaigrette squeezes in superfoods and plenty of zing.
- 30 Second Caesar Salad Dressing from The View From Great Island uses an immersion blender to make this creamy classic.
- Honey Lime Dressing from Crunchy Creamy Sweet can be used on sweet or savory salads.
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette Dressing from Rachel Cooks is fresh, healthy, and even Whole30 compliant.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Strawberry Lime Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
This easy vinaigrette is made with fresh strawberries, and blends up in just seconds. The sweet, fruity dressing is balanced by the zing of fresh lime juice to really brighten the flavor. It adds delicious sweet and tangy flavor to your salads, from a simple side salad of arugula or spinach and goat cheese to a heartier salad topped with chicken or shrimp that you can enjoy as a meal. If you love this salad dressing recipe as much as we do, I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating and share a photo on this pin on Pinterest!
Strawberry Lime Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender or mini food processor, and blend till pureed and emulsified.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
Originally published on Jun 13, 2012