Fruity Grilled Shrimp Salad with Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette is light and summery, crisp and refreshing summer salad recipe made with grilled shrimp. Gluten free and packed with flavor!
Have you ever taken a Zumba class? Oh my goodness! SO.MUCH.FUN.
I used to take jazz dance classes when I was a kid. I was totally the chubbiest little girl in class, but whatever, I loved it. I wasn’t a dancer, per se. I just took dance classes. Well, class. Once a week. And sadly this was the only real exercise I got. I was not very athletic or energetic with physical activity, and preferred to focus most of my energies on my schoolwork. I was a total geek. By junior high, my adolescent self-esteem issues really started cropping up, and those skinny dancer girls and tight, lycra costumes, most often in colors like this…
really didn’t help matters. So I quit dance classes. And pretty much sat on my ever-expanding butt until I graduated from college. OK, well I never got THAT heavy, but definitely overweight. I am so happy I found a love for working out and eating healthy foods.. I am just not myself when I am not exercising regularly. And I especially love that I discovered Zumba. It is like my old jazz dance classes, without the middle school insecurities. Everybody just lets go and has fun. It is totally a judgment-free zone.
So on Wednesday night, The Hubby is on Bug-duty, and I go to Zumba. But I have to feed us all dinner first. And the last thing you want before jumping around for an hour is a belly full of something like lasagna or steak or chili. So Wednesday night is salad night. But to keep The Hubby from revolting, I have to keep getting creative. Our fave of chicken or shrimp, olives, roasted red peppers, and feta is good, but gets a bit old sometimes. And The Bug spits out any speck of lettuce he gets into his mouth, so I have to make sure to include lots of other healthy ingredients that he will eat. So this fruity grilled shrimp salad is one of my latest creations.
Grilled Shrimp Salad
Light, refreshing, summery, sweet, tangy, crisp, creamy, crunchy. And drizzled with the prettiest pink salad dressing ever. Try it this summer with any of your favorite fruits!!
Fruity Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 1 t olive oil
- salt & pepper
- About 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- Romaine or mixed greens
- 2 c fruit I used equal parts mango, pineapple, and watermelon
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- 2 T pine nuts toasted
- Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except the shrimp in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp, and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or pan on the stove.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Divide the lettuce and fruit between two plates or bowls.
- Top with the shrimp, goat cheese, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with the Strawberry Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette.