Admit it, even as an adult, there is something irresistible about celebrating a holiday that is all about spooky good times! So #SundaySupper and Gallo Family Vineyards are bringing you a Halloween menu full of recipes for Frightfully Fun Entertaining. For a tasty appetizer, stab a skewer into some perfectly seasoned beef and drown it in a puddle of oozy red deliciousness with these Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce.
Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
The Hubby and I have been banned from having Halloween costume parties anymore. Not because we aren’t good at throwing parties, but because the one time we did throw a Halloween costume party, it was so epic that we were told there is no way that we could ever possibly achieve the same level of fun and excitement again. We had been dating for only a few months but felt like it was time to host our first joint fete, The Hubby’s roommate moved out several months prior, taking most of the furniture with him, leaving lots of space for dancing and chit chatting, and our coworkers were hinting around that they wanted to have a little Halloween fun, but nobody else was stepping up to the plate. So the challenge was laid, and we totally stepped up. People did not stop talking about this party for months, I tell you. Months! The dimmed lights and spooky music and creepy decorations. The snacks and treats and drinks galore. The costumes…
You guys, the costumes! All of our friends dressed up. It was basically mandatory for entry. And we aren’t talking throw a sheet over your head or buy a black pointy hat from the store. One woman pulled out a full-on ball gown to be the most gorgeous princess you can imagine. Others broke out the sewing machines and hot glue guns to transform themselves into bottles of their favorite adult beverages. One guy grew out his hair for a month so that he could shave a mohawk to be Mr. T. The resemblance was uncanny.
A MOHAWK, PEOPLE!!! (Side note, by Monday at work he was bald).
Well, new job for the Hubby, new home in a new state – this means a whole new set of potential party attendees. I think it’s time to pull the spiderwebs and spooky decorations out of the storage boxes to see if we can reclaim our prior level of Halloween awesomeness, and I will most certainly her serving these…
Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce will definitely be a hit with your friends. Chunks of beef are simply seasoned and seared, then served with a blood red dipping sauce reminiscent of the classic Bloody Mary, but made with Gallo Family Merlot instead of vodka. The tomato and red wine sauce is reduced to concentrate the rich flavors, then given a little bit of a kick of flavor and spice with Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Serve your steak with some stakes (skewers that I cut into smaller pieces) so that your guests can have a little Halloween fun giving their meat a bloody bath before sinking their fangs, um, I mean teeth, into these delicious little nibbles.
Maybe not as impressive as shaving your head all for the sake of a Halloween costume, but still darn good.
Gallo loves to be part of gatherings that bring us together, even those that are a ghoulishly good time. Learn more about the wines of Gallo Family Vineyards, connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, and check out the store locator to try some of their wines yourself.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Need some new recipes for your Halloween shindig? Check out all of the fabulous ideas at the bottom of this post and all of the Frightfully Fun Entertaining Ideas from Gallo Family Vineyards, as well as the Cooking With Wine Pinterest Board! And here’s a dollar off for you!
Have you ever thrown a costume party?
You can save this or any of my recipes and those from many of your favorite brands, blogs and website to your own personal recipe box. After creating your account, simply click ‘Save Recipe‘ below. It will then be saved in your personal recipe box which you can access at any time, and even create meal plans and grocery lists.
Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce
For a tasty appetizer, stab a skewer into some perfectly seasoned beef and drown it in a puddle of oozy red deliciousness.
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- half of a small onion, finely minced
- 1 cup red wine (I used Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup or one 8 oz can tomato sauce
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
For the steak bites
- 2 pounds beef top round cut into about 1 inch pieces
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and season with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent and softened.
- Add wine and reduce by about half.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and tomato sauce. Return to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve alongside steak bites for dipping
For the steak bites:
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a cast iron or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Cook the meat about two or three minutes on each side until caramelized and cooked through.
- "Stab" the steak bites with small skewers or toothpicks.
Looking for some more dishes for your Halloween party?
- Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Hummus
- Jack O’Lantern Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes with Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Frosting
Plus here is the rest of the Frightfully Fun Entertaining #SundaySupper menu to prepare or pair with Gallo Family Merlot or Red Moscato…
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour