#SundaySupper is having a big potluck, with the best sides, salads, desserts, and more for all of your summer parties. Lightened up with Greek yogurt but still loaded with tons of your favorite flavors, get ready to enjoy this picnic-perfect Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
As I write this, it’s Memorial Day weekend. Finally we have sun, warm weather, and yes, the neighborhood pool is even open. It’s the time of the year for going to the park, the beach, the backyard barbecue, baseball games, and that aforementioned pool.
Unless you’re me.
My kids, after being healthy all winter, every year seem to choose the arrival of summer temperatures to get sick. And we aren’t just talking about a little runny nose and cough. Nope. Last year it was trading cosackie and croup. This year it’s strep throat, sinus infection, and ear infection (of both the inner and outer ear I might add). We’ve been battling bugs for two weeks now, and as I am writing this, the finally-healthy Bug is at the pool with daddy while I sit on the couch while Little Dude takes another long nap.
I feel bad for the kids because they don’t feel well, but more than that, they have gotten stuck in the house on days when they would love to be outside. And they get cranky and then I get cranky. It’s just a bad situation.
We are having company on Sunday, but Memorial Day Monday we have no plans and Little Dude’s ears should be well enough to enjoy a little splish splashin’ fun. So guess what. It’s probably going to rain. Well, at least we can throw some burgers on the grill and enjoy this…
You know, I’m not really one for mayo-based potato salads, but swap that mayo for Greek yogurt, and I’m all over it. Especially when I’ve added all of the seasonings in my Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing recipe, plus bacon and cheese. Because really, what isn’t better when you add bacon and cheese. Then a few tomatoes for some color and fresh flavor, and you have a super tasty upgrade of a picnic or barbecue staple with this Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad recipe.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.
Then check out all of the other delicious dishes showing up at the #SundaySupper summer potluck at the bottom of this post!
Have you been enjoying the warm weather yet?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
A lightened up version of a staple summer side dish made with Greek yogurt and all of your favorite flavors.
- 2 lbs. peewee or creamer potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 8-10 minutes, or until tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes, place in a bowl, and cool completely.
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy, and drain well on a paper towel.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, dill, and black pepper, and stir until well-mixed.
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture over the potatoes, and toss gently, then gently stir in the bacon, tomatoes, and cheese.
Enjoy this Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe!
Here are some more of my favorite summertime sides…
And the rest of the #SundaySupper potluck spread…
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement