Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip
Easy cheesy Mexican dip is a fantastic appetizer or game day snack! Rip open that bag of tortilla chips and get ready to scoop up ooey gooey layers of cheese and salsa and more cheese and more salsa. It doesn’t get any simpler or more craveable than that. It’s even the perfect, easy gluten-free Cinco de Mayo food!
This dip. I mean, really, it has pretty much no redeeming qualities. It’s basically layer upon layer of goopy stuff from jars and bags and packages. It’s ugly, all yellow and white and blah.
Except for the cheese. Oh, the cheese. THE CHEESE! Last week I shared my most requested recipe. Well this Mexican Dip is my mom’s most requested recipe. And it isn’t even always requested. It’s just so easy and amazing that she just offers to bring it because she knows it will get devoured. She or I have whipped this up countless times over the years.
Part of the reason that it looks so ugly? Well, we were having it with our Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Bean Tacos, and we had planned to have dinner at around 5:30 – pretty dark this time of year. And I knew I couldn’t bake it up early because I knew I would be fending off family members wielding tortilla chips, ready to dig in. And not only was my lighting awful, but I had to work quick. The Cheese-Loving Bug was chomping at the bit.
Easy cheesy Mexican dip is basically a simplified version of a Seven Layer Dip, but with the four best layers.
Sure, you could add beans or lettuce or sour cream or whatever. Go for it. I’ll just stick with the cheese and cheese and cheese and salsa. Who needs chips? Just hand me a spoon.
Here are a few other things you may need for this incredible dip:
[amazon_link asins=’B00C6TX2HQ,B00182M0C0,B004A11PAO’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’cupkalchi-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4e17ba24-0a87-11e7-b6ab-158e65f0039a’]
And you can check out more amazing #AppetizerWeek recipes at the bottom of this post.
Enjoy your easy cheesy Mexican dip!
Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip
- One 8 oz. package cream cheese light or regular
- One 15-16 oz. jar of salsa con queso
- One 15-16 oz. jar of salsa
- About 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread cream cheese in an even layer in the bottom of a square or small rectangular (about 11 x 7 inches) baking dish.
- Pour the salsa con queso over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly.
- Spoon the salsa gently over the queso layer to cover completely.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the salsa.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Love Mexican food? Try these recipes…
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati