#SundaySupper and Certified Angus Beef® brand want you to impress your guests this holiday season. We are here to show you that it doesn’t take a lot of time or effort to make the perfect beef roast. The best beef you can buy, some seasonings, a few tips, and the guidance of the #RoastPerfect app and you can have any one of these roasts as the centerpiece of your holiday meal, like this Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast.
Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast
Disclosure statement: This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
My recipe creation for this lil’ old blog here goes in fits and spurts. I’ll go for days where I’m just doing the normal cooking for my family – basic oatmeal or yogurt and fruit for breakfast, random stuff from the fridge salad for lunch, old recipes, quickie meals I just toss together, that sort of thing. On those days I’m writing, editing, promoting, but not creating new content. Somewhere mixed between those non-blog-food days I may make one of our dinners that is meant to share with all of you, or I’ll randomly whip up a new energy ball or muffin recipe.
Then I have the crazy food blogger days. I just get in a mood, get in a groove, and I start working on six or seven recipes in one day. This happened last Friday. Only I had a few setbacks. The white chocolate had vanilla bean specks in it that I wasn’t expecting for the recipe where I wanted it to be pure white, I forgot to sweeten the granola, and the green beans sat in the fridge a little too long and were looking pretty funky.
So when the one thing left on my list to tackle was a Certified Angus Beef® brand prime rib roast I had picked up from Giant Eagle in Frederick, MD, I was ready to put it back in the fridge and save it till another day. But I knew I could do it. I had all of the great roasting tips I learned from the Certified Angus Beef® brand chefs when I visited them last month, plus I have the Roast Perfect app on my iPhone to guide me along the way.
I definitely think my kitchen failures were behind me for the day…
When I sliced into this Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast, I knew we were in for something special. It was so tender that the knife barely had to do any work. And the taste, just amazing. I mean, the marbling in a Certified Angus Beef® brand roast already imparts tons of flavor, but the addition of the cranberry rub with it’s garlic and parsley not only made this roast a beauty to behold, but it also infused a savory, holiday element into the meat. It was seriously melt in your mouth good.
During my visit to Wooster, Ohio, the chefs prepared a fabulous Cranberry Top Sirloin Roast, and I knew I wanted to use that rub, but perhaps on something a bit more special. Chef Michael thought the tenderloin would be great with that rub. I was just about to buy a tenderloin roast when the butcher at Giant Eagle in Frederick, MD steered me towards the prime rib roast telling me that no matter what you do to it, it’s going to be amazing. I was sold. But as fabulous as this recipe turned out, I think I want to try that tenderloin next time.
Marinades and rubs add a lot of flavor, but the most important ingredient is the roast itself. Certified Angus Beef® brand meets 10 exacting standards for quality, and the 1 in 4 Angus cattle that meet these standards produce the tastiest, most tender, and juiciest cuts of beef. Certified Angus Beef® brand has been supporting local farmers and ranchers for nearly 40 years, and is available around the world at only the best grocery stores and steakhouses. Make sure you find restaurants or grocers in your area that sell Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Even though you haven’t had the opportunity to hang out in the kitchen with these chefs, and you won’t have me or them with you on Christmas Day as you get ready to pop your roast into the oven, you do have a friend by your side. The Roast Perfect app will be your instructor, your sous chef, your moral support, your cheerleader – whatever you think you need to make an incredible roast. And it’s available for free in iTunes store (for iPhone and iPad) and Google Play (for Android).
Whether you need to know where to buy your Certified Angus Beef® brand roast, which cut to buy, or how much, the Roast Perfect app can help you with that. Once you are home and getting ready to prepare your roast, you can find recipes, tips from Chef Michael, and even ideas for side dishes. And at roasting time, the built in timer will tell you exactly how long to sear, roast, and rest your beef to ensure that you have the perfect holiday entree coming out of your oven.
While the boys and I thoroughly enjoyed this prime rib (as well as the leftovers in sandwiches a couple days later), I am so excited to buy a bigger roast to share with my entire family for Christmas. And I know that the Roast Perfect app will help me determine how much I’ll need and how to adjust my cooking time so that it too will turn out as wonderful as this one.
Are you ready to roast? Make sure you get more information about Certified Angus Beef® brand on their website, find out where to buy their beef, plus get tons of information and recipes ideas by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. Also, if you aren’t lucky enough to get a live demo from Chef Michael, Chef Ashley, and all of the other culinary geniuses at Certified Angus Beef® brand, make sure you check them out on Periscope for live streaming videos to help you with all of your roasting needs and more.
You’ll also find today’s #SundaySupper recipes and so many more on our Pinterest board featuring fabulous roasts with Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Then make sure you download the RoastPerfect app and check out all of the Certified Angus Beef® brand holiday roast recipes at the bottom of this post.
What kind of roast will you be making this holiday season?
Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast
A perfectly tender and flavorful beef roast to impress family and friends.
- 1 (4-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® prime rib roast (or the size that you need based on our number of guests)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cranberry sauce, chutney, or relish (storebought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Rub roast with garlic. Season roast generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine cranberries, parsley and lemon zest. Press mixture firmly on to the roast. Place bone-side down on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Place beef in oven and roast 15 minutes. Turn heat down to 325ºF and continue roasting about 1½-2 hours until cooked to medium (when thermometer placed in center of roast registers 140ºF before resting) or until desired doneness. Because roast sizes vary, figure 12-15 minutes of roasting time per pound after initial sear.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Slice roast across the grain.
Here are some sides that we love to enjoy at Christmas…
- Whipped Cauliflower with Goat Cheese and Thyme
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans and Mushrooms
- Cinnamon Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement