Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Loaded baked sweet potato fries covered in spicy chicken and blue cheese are the perfect addition to your Big Game menu, or even a weeknight dinner. With the classic hot and spicy flavor of your favorite wings in an ooey gooey pile of cheesy goodness, enjoy these Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries -> CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS RECIPE
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Our new house has about a million TVs. We had two in our old house that came along with us – one for the kids’ playroom and one for the family room. These are dwarfed in size by the ones that are in the new house – in the gym, above the bar, in the basement rec room, and, the granddaddy of them all, the theater room with its projector and screen. Some were included when we bought the house, and when they offered to sell us the others, plus the big recliners in the theater, for next to nothing, the Hubby jumped at the deal. For the football fan that he is, our old “small” (not-so-small in my humble opinion) TVs are now unacceptable. When there’s a game on that he wants to watch, he retreats to 60-inch television in the basement.
One evening I knew he was heading down to watch a game, but I noticed it was awfully quiet. So I went downstairs and didn’t find him in front of the TV in the rec room. Puzzled, I continued walking around the corner, made my way to the theater room, and this is what I saw…
Yes, the man disconnected the cable box, carried it to the theater room and rigged it to the projector. Who does this kind of stuff?! But it’s actually kind of brilliant. I’m thinking since this is the granddaddy of TVs, this might just be where we’ll be watching the granddaddy of football games. And I think we might just be munching on this…
Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries are just a giant pile of meaty, cheesy, spicy goodness. OK, so I lightened up what does that the potential to be a very heavy dish by making baked sweet potato fries and topping it with my Healthier Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes. But then I went for it with the cheese – Monterey Jack for to bring in the stretchy, gooey factor, but with a mild flavor so that the boldness of the blue cheese really stands out against the spicy chicken mixture. Finally a drizzle of Ranch dressing (I used my Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch) and I think what you have here is just the epitome of gameday food. We also dolloped on some Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing, because the messier the better, right? And oh my goodness, so darn amazing. My boys and I polished off the entire skillet!
When a dish has some heat, I like to pair it with a cool, crisp, sweet white wine, like Gallo Family Riesling. If you prefer a red, I’d recommend the Pinot Noir not only to go along with this recipe, but because you’re sure to be nibbling on an assortment of appetizers. These two wines are versatile and balanced, making them perfect for gameday snacking. They’ll pair perfectly with all of the dips and spreads and sliders and snacks on your “Supper Bowl” buffet!
Are you hosting a “Supper Bowl” of your own? Well there’s twenty new #SundaySupper recipes at the bottom of this post, plus these amazing Football Finger Foods from the Gallo Family and all of the Game Day Eats from our last big tailgate with Gallo. And they’ll also help you out with Big Game Pairings and tips for hosting your own party. Once you’ve decided on your menu, make sure you pick up your favorite wines of Gallo Family Vineyards for your party. You can use the store locator to find them near you! And be sure to connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, and check out the to try some of their wines yourself.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Are you looking for some new and exciting appetizer recipes for a gathering of your friends and family? Check out all of the fabulous ideas at the bottom of this post and on the Cooking With Wine Pinterest Board!
What appetizers will you be pairing with your favorite wines for the Big Game?
Never miss any Yummy Eats & Tasty Sweets! Have new Cupcakes & Kale Chips recipes delivered to your email by clicking HERE!
Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries
The classic hot and spicy flavor of your favorite wings in an ooey gooey pile of cheesy goodness.
For the Fries
- About 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 T olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 t kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or your favorite Ranch or blue cheese dip or dressing for serving
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 1 teaspoon oil
- half of a medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 c)
- 1 cup diced carrots (or a mixture of carrots and celery)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken breast
- one 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot. Use more or less, depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
For the Fries:
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes into about ½ in. wide and 2-3 in. long "fries".
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil, salt & pepper, and herbs, and lay on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the fries, and bake for about another 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. While the fries are baking, prepare the Buffalo Chicken.
- Pile the fries onto a baking sheet or into a skillet that has been lightly coated with oil, top with Buffalo Chicken mixture, Monterey Jack, and blue cheese. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or broil 2-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Drizzle or serve with Ranch and/or Blue Cheese Dip/Dressing.
For the Buffalo Chicken:
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots (and celery, if using), and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onions are becoming translucent and vegetables are softening.
- Add the ground chicken, and cook until done, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, hot sauce, and Worcestershire, and simmer for several minutes, until excess moisture has evaporated and mixture has thickened.
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Give it a 5 STAR rating and share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #CKCrecipes!
Need some more gameday munchies?
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings
- Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken and Black Bean Sliders
And here is the rest of the #SundaySupper menu for your “Supper Bowl” party, all paired with amazing Gallo Family Vineyards wines…
- Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Bites by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders by Nosh My Way
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Baked Arancini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chorizo Cheese Dip by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders by Recipe for Perfection
- Everything Bagel Breadsticks & Smoked Salmon Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Kicked Up Texas Caviar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Mini Mexican Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mexican Chicken Meatballs with Queso by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Dip by Family Foodie
- Pizza Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Crostini with Mushroom Sauce by Brunch with Joy
- Rosemary White Bean Dip by Magnolia Days
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sausage & Caramelized Onion Pita Pizza by The Messy Baker
- Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings and Onion Rings by Nik Snacks
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs by Peanut Butter and Peppers