Love is in the air, so with Valentine’s Day right around the corner #SundaySupper and Gallo Family Vineyards are helping you plan a special day with special food and wine pairings for just you and your special someone. We have an entire menu of romantic recipes that serve just two people, from a special brunch or appetizers to a decadent dinner and dessert, and of course some sweet wines for you and your sweetheart. I’ve got a warm, rich, fudgy dessert that couldn’t be easier – Deep Dish Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies for Two.
Deep Dish Gluten Free Red Velvet Brownies for Two
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I love the idea of a date night in. A quiet, peaceful meal free of toddler-wrangling, zone-defense, food-cutting, and all that goes along with food consumption in the company of two little boys. There’s no worries about trying to find a babysitter or making a reservation, both of which can be challenge on any weekend, but especially on a holiday weekend. It’s certainly cheaper, which means you can have that lobster or filet mignon without breaking the bank. And you aren’t limited by the menu – you can make anything your little heart desires. Or the heart of your favorite loved one.
I’ve tried doing the date night in thing. Yeah, not really working in our house right now. Our boys aren’t ready for bed until 7:30 or 8, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t want to wait that late for dinner. And if we put them to bed early, then they’re up early, and who wants that after you’ve spent the evening relaxing and enjoying a wonderful meal? So we’ve tried giving the boys dinner early then putting on a movie while The Hubby and I have dinner together. That works until the little guy loses interest in the movie after about five minutes, and then toddles into the kitchen demanding the food off of our plates even though he has already eaten. The big guy can’t be left out of anything either, especially when there’s food involved. So that quiet dinner for two – not happening.
Luckily my boys are great eaters, so I can make a special meal for four, and enjoy it with my three best guys. Triple the love, even if it does mean that our dinnertime conversation never gets around to adult topics, like work or sports or house projects. How about food? Yes, that is a topic we all enjoy. Perhaps we’ll savor the caramelized subtle sweetness of some seared scallops and rich and creamy risotto with a side of roasted asparagus. Even my boys can get into that. We’ll call it a family date night.
Then we’ll get the boys to bed and, instead of a dinner date night in, we’ll enjoy a dessert for two…
Like these luscious and fudgy Gluten Free Deep Dish Red Velvet Brownies for Two. It took a few tries to get them right, plus a little help from my friends and this recipe from Renee at Magnolia Days, but this dessert is sure to please any red velvet lover or any chocolate lover or any brownie lover or anyone you love that you want to share it with. That is, if you want to share! You’ll want to slightly underbake them so that they are totally ooey gooey, and then serve them right away…
Another option is to cool them to room temperature and top with my Greek yogurt cream cheese topping, or you could always warm them up a bit in the microwave and top them with my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream, because just like you and your sweetie, red velvet + cream cheese = 4ever…
While the boys will happily drink their milk and water, The Hubby and I will pair our family date night meal with my favorite Gallo Family wine, their Riesling. I think the crisp, refreshing sweetness will be a perfect match for the totally luxurious scallops and risotto. And while we go through the bedtime routine and get ready to enjoy our dessert together, without little grabby-hands around, I’ll be sure to chill the Sweet Red. It’s always a good match for dessert, especially one with just a hint of chocolate flavor, and of course the gorgeous red color! You know you want to sink your spoon into that little dish of goodness!
Are you thinking about your own Valentine’s Day meal for just you and a special someone? Well there’s twenty new #SundaySupper recipes scaled just for two people at the bottom of this post, plus some fabulous recipes that the Gallo Family put together for that special day filled with love. Once you’ve decided on your menu, make sure you pick up your favorite wines of Gallo Family Vineyards for your party. Be sure to connect with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, and check out the store locator to find their wines near you!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Are you looking for some special Valentine’s Day recipes? Check out all of the fabulous ideas at the bottom of this post and on the Cooking With Wine Pinterest Board!
What’s on your date night menu?
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red food coloring
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond flour/meal
- 1 Tbsp brown rice flour
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer (use only one beater blade, if possible) on low speed until combined, then increase speed slowly to medium-high and mix until until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat on medium high for a minute or two, until light in color.
- Add the the cocoa powder, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined and one uniform color.
- Add the almond meal, brown ride flour and salt, and mix on medium-low speed until combined.
- Divide evenly between two ramekins, and place ramekins on a baking sheet
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes or until barely set, but still fudgy in the center.
- Top with Greek yogurt cream cheese topping or Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream, if desired.
Here are some more desserts for two…
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Carrot Cakes for Two
Alluring Appetizers and Brunch:
- Burrata and Garlic Tomato Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Love Bombs by Peaceful Cooking
Magnificent Main Dishes:
- Braised Lamb Ragu by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta by Casa de Crews
- Mahi Mahi with Spicy Tomato Relish by The Messy Baker
- Seafood Risotto by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon by The Foodie Army Wife
Dazzling Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Apple Pie Bites for Two by Feed Me, Seymour
- Chocolate Coconut Haystacks by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Coeur a la Creme by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Red Velvet Brownies for Two by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Creamy Lemon Tart by Magnolia Days
- Mocha Fudge by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Cake with Honey Yogurt and Peach Preserves by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Raspberry Custard by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Meringue Hearts by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie by Flavor Mosaic
- Valentine’s Day Cream Puffs by Ruffles & Truffles