This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Spring Vegetable Recipes highlight the best of the season, like asparagus and carrots, leeks and peas, and everything else you love. Say goodbye to the cold and hello to all of your favorite springtime seasonal vegetables. Then make these veggie dishes, including sides, salads, mains, and more!
What vegetables are in season in spring?
While you might think of summer as the time when produce is in abundance, you don’t want to forget about all of the amazing veggies that are at their peak during the springtime. While some of them are still delicious into the warmer months, others are only available during a short window about March through May or that’s when they have their best flavor.
As the weather warms up, you’ll be craving lighter, fresher meals, especially those that feature these vegetables:
- Asparagus: Probably the first thing you think about when it comes to spring veggies because their season in the United States is short, but it is certainly in abundance during this time. These green stalks are full of fiber, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, and they can be grilled, roasted, sauteed, and more.
- Carrots (and other root vegetables): Everyone’s favorite orange vegetable does well in cool weather, which means it starts to pop up in the spring, along with radishes, beets, and even potatoes. From raw for snacking and salads to a multitude of ways to prepare them, there are endless recipes you can make.
- Spinach: This leafy green, as well as many others, is at its tender baby stage in the spring. So it’s the perfect time to bulk up on fiber, iron, and magnesium whether you add it to smoothies, salads, or egg dishes.
- Leeks, garlic scapes, and herbs: These aromatics are ready to add all kinds of incredible flavor to your dishes. Combine them with your other favorite spring vegetables for a true taste of the season.
- Artichokes, Peas, and More: It doesn’t end there. Now’s the time for all kinds of peas. Artichokes may be available canned year-round, but they are freshest in season. And of course, you can add rhubarb, ramps, morel mushrooms, and even cabbage to the mix.
Now that you know what’s the freshest at the farmer’s market or even in your local grocery store, let’s get on to what you can make with them. Here you’ll find spring vegetable dishes to serve for any meal of the day, whether it’s a veggie side dish or a produce-packed meal on its own.
The Best Recipes with Spring Vegetables
GF – gluten free recipe
GFO – recipe with gluten free option
Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise
Air Fryer Asparagus
Roasted Asparagus Quinoa Pilaf
Asparagus Ham Egg Muffins
More recipes for asparagus:
- Asparagus with Lemon, Mint & Red Pepper GF | Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Asparagus Salad with Quinoa & Lemon Vinaigrette GF | With Food + Love
- Lemony Marinated Asparagus GF | Kitchen Treaty
- Citrus Steamed Asparagus & Crispy Asparagus Topping GF | Cooking on the Weekends
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus GF | Cooking on the Front Burner
Carrot Recipes (plus Beets, Radishes, and other Root Vegetables)
Honey Roasted Carrots
Brown Butter Peas and Carrots
Honey Mustard Carrots and Peas
More recipes for root vegetables:
- Beet Risotto GF | Well-Plated
- Braised & Glazed Root Vegetables with Green Olive Pesto GF | Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Beet Salad with Arugula and Balsamic Vinaigrette GF | Natasha’s Kitchen
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Tomato Spinach Feta Frittata
Spinach Feta Pinwheels
More recipes for spinach:
- Healthy Creamed Spinach GF
- Spring Vegetable Cheesy Breakfast Bake GF
- Spinach Parmesan White Bean Dip GF
Leek, Garlic Scapes, and Herb Recipes
Caramelized Leek Asparagus Salad
Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken
Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
More recipes for leeks, garlic scapes, and herbs:
- Potato Leek Soup GF | The Recipe Rebel
- Fresh Herb Aioli with Spring Vegetables GF | Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Garlic Scapes Compound Butter GF | Sweet and Savory by Shinee
Peas, Artichokes, and Other Spring Veggie Recipes
Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Bites
Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce and Peas
More recipes for peas, artichokes, and other spring veggies:
- Mediterranean Chicken Pinwheels GFO
- Asparagus, Pea & Leek Stirfry GFO | Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Artichoke Dip with a Kick GF | The Kitchen is My Playground
This is making me feel like it’s Garden season! Yum!
This is just a gorgeous roundup. Very inspiring.
Isn’t it?! Makes me crave spring and all of its goodness even more.
Thanks so much for including me in your round-up. So many great-looking recipes!
Thank you. It is a great collection!
Hi Jaime and Brianne, great round-up – wish we would get some SPRING weather soon 🙂 Thanks for using my prosciutto wrapped asparagus! Have a great weekend! Pinning!
Thanks Deb! I LOVE asparagus and prosciutto!
I can not get enough of fresh veggies! All of these recipes look delish!
I know, it actually has me craving veggies instead of desserts!
You are not the only one craving some veggies right now. The dishes look wonderful.
They definitely do!