This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Add a “splash” to your menu with over 85 Seafood Dinner Ideas! These easy seafood recipes are a simple and healthy way to incorporate more fish and shellfish into your diet. Whether you are looking for shrimp, salmon, or other favorite fish or shellfish there are plenty of delicious dishes to love!
Delicious Seafood Dinner Ideas – easy recipes for fish and shellfish!
What is your favorite seafood? Do you prefer fish like salmon or tuna? Or do you go for shellfish like shrimp or crab?
Or maybe you are intimidated by seafood and don’t know where to start.
Whether you are a novice or a pro when it comes to ocean fare, you are sure to find ideas to inspire you to cook more seafood recipes. This collection has everything from tacos and pasta to soups and sandwiches. Some are quick meals you can whip up in a flash. Others might be more of a meal to impress someone special.
But I guarantee these seafood dinner ideas are all simple and delicious.
GF – gluten free recipe
GFO – recipe with gluten free option
Salmon is definitely one of the most popular fish. With its many health benefits, from being a good source of protein plus all the omega-3 fatty acids, everyone is trying to incorporate more salmon into their diet. You can cook an entire side of salmon, or cut it into fillets. It can be baked or grilled, pan-seared or smoked, and it lends itself to many flavors, from sweet stick glazy to spicy dry rubs, as well as Asian, Italian, or Tex Mex-inspired flavors.
Sesame Maple Glazed Salmon
Gluten Free Salmon Wellington
Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon
Pesto Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
Smoked Salmon Tart
More recipes for salmon
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Green Sauce GF| Give Recipe
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Salmon GF| The Lemon Bowl
- Salmon Caesar Salad GFO| Two in the Kitchen
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs GF | Sweet & Savory By Shinee
- Savory Smoked Salmon ‘Cheesecake’ GFO | The View from Great Island
- Salmon Chowder GF | Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Salmon & Black Bean Nachos GF | The Weary Chef
- Simple 7-Minute Salmon GF | Bites of Wellness
- Easy Honey Glazed Salmon GF | Two Healthy Kitchens
- Poached Eggs Salmon with Cheese Sauce GFO | Diethood
- Hoisin Honey Glazed Salmon GFO | Joyful Healthy Eats
- Honey Salmon Baked in Foil GF | Embellishmints
- Chili Garlic Salmon and Broccoli Bowls GFO | Maebells
- Pan-seared Salmon with Asparagus GF | Magnolia Days
- Pistachio-Crusted Salmon | Simply Sated
- Agave Chipotle Glazed Salmon with Macadamia Cauliflower Rice GFO | With Salt and Wit
- One Pot Blackberry Glazed Salmon & Asparagus GF | Apron Strings
- Roasted Salmon Risotto GF | Life Currents
- Quick Curry Salmon GF | Cookin’ Canuck
- Salmon Linguine GFO | A Cedar Spoon
- Chili-Rubbed Salmon with Avocado Salsa GF | Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Miso Glazed Salmon GFO | All Ways Delicious
Other Fish Recipes
There are also many other types of fish. Tuna is available canned or fresh. You can get cod and other whitefish are fresh fillets or already made into fish sticks. And then there are less common, but equally delicious fish like swai, barramundi, and mahi mahi. These fish can be battered and fried, baked and topped with fresh salsas and sauces, or put into tacos.
Chili Lime Fish Stick Tacos
More recipes for fish:
- Spicy Tuna Bites GF | Food Faith Fitness
- Tuna Melt Quesadillas GF | The Real Food Dietitians
- Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Salad GF | The Creative Bite
- Baked Bruschetta Cod | Life’s Ambrosia
- Sweet & Spicy Swai Fillets with Citrus Salsa GF | Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Panko Crusted Rockfish Fillets | Renee Nicole’s Kitchen
- Mahi Mahi with Roasted Tomatoes & Fennel GF | One Sweet Mess
- Easy Fish Piccata with Roasted Asparagus | Belly Full
- Gluten Free Fried Fish Sticks GF | What the Fork
- Oven Baked Pesto Tilapia GF | Heather Likes Food
- Garlic Beer Butter Cod with Pale Ale Romesco | The Beeroness
- Asian Fish Tacos with Sriracha Crema | Simple Joy
- Hummus-Crusted Baked Fish | Cookin’ Canuck
- Fish Chowder GF | From Michigan to Table
When it comes to seafood dinner ideas, shrimp might just be one of the most versatile types. Not to go all Forrest Gump on you, but there is fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp gumbo, barbecue shrimp, shrimp salads, and so much more. It’s probably impossible for anyone to not be able to find a shrimp recipe they’ll enjoy. Heck, there are over thirty in this list alone.
Chili Lime Shrimp
BBQ Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
Fruity Grilled Shrimp Salad
Shrimp Rice Paper Rolls
Home-Style Shrimp Bowls
Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad
Honey Walnut Shrimp
More recipes for shrimp:
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder | Cook What You Love
- Island Shrimp Bowl GF | Lemons for Lulu
- Healthy Brown Rice Bowl with Shrimp & Avocado GF | Yummy Healthy Easy
- Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Quinoa Salad GF | Spoonful of Flavor
- Shrimp Etouffee | Growing Up Gabel
- Jamie’s Shrimp Salad GF | Aggie’s Kitchen
- Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon Sauce GFO | Home Cooking Memories
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Shrimp GFO | Running to the Kitchen
- Spaghetti Squash with Basil-Parsley Pesto & Sauteed Shrimp GF | The Roasted Root
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms GF | Life Tastes Good
- Honeyed Shrimp with Crispy Kale & Gorgonzola Grits | Melanie Makes
- Shrimp Nachos with Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce GF | Shaken Together
- Mediterranean Feta & Shrimp Pasta | Snappy Gourmet
- Caribbean Shrimp Burgers | A Spicy Perspective
- Shrimp Tacos GF | Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- New Orleans-Style Barbecue Shrimp GF | WonkyWonderful
- Grilled Shrimp with Avocado Butter GF | Tammilee Tips
- Shrimp Linguine | Cooking with Curls
- Easiest Weeknight Skillet Shrimp GF | Shockingly Delicious
- Shrimp & Grits Casserole GF | The Kitchen is My Playground
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup GF | Taste Love & Nourish
- Shrimp Fried Quinoa GF | Eating Bird Food
- Healthy Garlic Shrimp Pasta | Well Plated
- Shrimp Tostadas GF | Peas and Crayons
- Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta | Julie’s Eats & Treats
- Shrimp Chow Mein | The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Mango Jalapeno Dipping Sauce GF | Homemade in the Kitchen
- Shrimp and Garlic Pasta | CopyKat Recipes
Lobster, Crab, and Other Shellfish Recipes
Of course, there are plenty of other types of shellfish too. Lobster may be the granddaddy of all seafood. It’s rich and elegant and makes a meal extra special. Crab can be eaten simply steamed, or added into soups, sandwiches, crab cakes, and more. And let’s not forget about clams, mussels, scallops, and all the other delicious shellfish in the ocean.
Lobster Cobb Salad
More recipes for shellfish:
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce GF | The Recipe Critic
- Cheesy Crab Bites GF | It’s Yummi
- Jumbo Lump Maryland Crab Cakes | Savory Simple
- Crocpot Clam Chowder GF | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Perfect Broiled Lobster Tails GF | Sweet C’s
- Lobster Tacos with Toasted Ancho Chili Sauce GF | Hola! Jalapeno
- Goan Crab Curry GF | Food, Life and Money
Mixed Seafood Recipes
When you can’t decide, just combine your favorite types of seafood into one dish. In cuisines all over the world, you’ll find soups and stews with multiple varieties of fish and shellfish. And pasta dishes often combine a few different types of seafood.
- Caldo de Camaron y Pescado | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Manhattan Style Roasted Vegetable Chorizo Seafood Chowder GF | Rock Recipes
- New England Clam Chowder with Flounder | Courtney’s Sweets
- Shrimp & Crab Gumbo | Stephie Cooks
- Seafood Alfredo Stuffed Shells | Will Cook For Smiles
- Seafood Pasta Bake | Call Me PMc
- Brazilian Fish Stew GF | Dizzy Busy & Hungry
Thank you – this list is most extensive I have ever seen. The problem is which recipe to try first. We love seafood!
I’m always looking for new seafood recipes and ideas! Thanks so much for including our chowder!
Wonderful, authoritative collection of recipes! Thank you for including my Weeknight Shrimp in the list! Pinning….
love this round-up! Thanks for including me! Pinning
SO many delicious seafood recipes to try! I love seafood any time of year, not just during Lent. Thanks for including my recipe, Brianne.
Yes, it’s never a bad time to eat seafood! It’s always good and good for you!
I really don’t eat enough seafood, but I LOVE the stuff! All of these look so tasty – thanks for including me! Pinned!
I know, I need to make more! Thanks and enjoy!
Thanks SO much for including my shrimp nachos – pinned this and can’t wait to make some of these recipes!